LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Callin it right now: 49ers are gonna win the division

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It is not as improbable as everyone thinks. As niner fans, we should know 2 things.

1 ) never count out eli.
2) never count out jeff fisher

Id say 50% chance we win division.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by blm7754:
I don't want to rain on this parade, but anybody that thinks that Seattle will drop 2 of their remaining 3 games is nuts.

I could see them loosing on the road to NYG. But expecting either the Cards or Rams to win in Seattle is crazy. For one, if Seattle does loose this week, they will fully understand the implications of loosing one of their last two games at home. So they will come to play. Nobody will catch them by surprise.

We lost our chance to win the division when we lost back to back games against the Panthers and Saints and the Saints failed to win in Seattle.
the colts game was inexcusable as well,, thanks roman from running away from something that was working

The Seahawks have to lose all three remaining games and the Niners have to win out, to win the division. Seahawks win the tiebreaker at 12 and 4. Not bloody likely.

Espn said we win if we both finish 12-4. Is this not true?

Yea better divisional record. Divisional record is always first when there is a tie-breaker. We would be 5-1 and they would be 3-3
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by blm7754:
I don't want to rain on this parade, but anybody that thinks that Seattle will drop 2 of their remaining 3 games is nuts.

I could see them loosing on the road to NYG. But expecting either the Cards or Rams to win in Seattle is crazy. For one, if Seattle does loose this week, they will fully understand the implications of loosing one of their last two games at home. So they will come to play. Nobody will catch them by surprise.

We lost our chance to win the division when we lost back to back games against the Panthers and Saints and the Saints failed to win in Seattle.
the colts game was inexcusable as well,, thanks roman from running away from something that was working

The Seahawks have to lose all three remaining games and the Niners have to win out, to win the division. Seahawks win the tiebreaker at 12 and 4. Not bloody likely.

Espn said we win if we both finish 12-4. Is this not true?

Yea better divisional record. Divisional record is always first when there is a tie-breaker. We would be 5-1 and they would be 3-3

in the event of a season series being spilt, yeah that is the case. seattle is currently 3-1 in the div. they could lose one div game and to the giants and be at 12-4. they could be 4-2 in the div.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Dec 13, 2013 at 12:31 PM ]

Sounds good to me
I hope so, get at least one last playoff game at the Stick
I don't understand why everyone is so against this happening. It's not likely but there is definitely a chance and is something worth discussing.

First, Niners must win out to take the division, bottomline (the Niners can afford to lose one game if the Seahawks drop the next three but we won't go there).

Week 15: Seahawks play the Giants in NY. This game depends on what Giants team shows up. The Seahawks already have the weather, being on the road in NY, and it being a 10am start stacked against them.

Week 16/17: We all know how tough divisional opponents can be, especially at the end of the season when all the team is playing for is to prove they just a push-over. I would not count out either Arizona or the Rams in either of these games (of course the same can be said for when the Niners play Arizona Week 17).

A lot of people in this thread are confused about the tie breaker. If the Seahawks lose to either of the NFC West teams in Week 16 and 17, the Niners will win the tie breaker. Like I said before, not likely but worth discussing. See you guys at Candlestick for the NFC Championship game vs the Seahawks.
Originally posted by 9ers:
I don't understand why everyone is so against this happening. It's not likely but there is definitely a chance and is something worth discussing.

First, Niners must win out to take the division, bottomline (the Niners can afford to lose one game if the Seahawks drop the next three but we won't go there).

Week 15: Seahawks play the Giants in NY. This game depends on what Giants team shows up. The Seahawks already have the weather, being on the road in NY, and it being a 10am start stacked against them.

Week 16/17: We all know how tough divisional opponents can be, especially at the end of the season when all the team is playing for is to prove they just a push-over. I would not count out either Arizona or the Rams in either of these games (of course the same can be said for when the Niners play Arizona Week 17).

A lot of people in this thread are confused about the tie breaker. If the Seahawks lose to either of the NFC West teams in Week 16 and 17, the Niners will win the tie breaker. Like I said before, not likely but worth discussing. See you guys at Candlestick for the NFC Championship game vs the Seahawks.

Yea which they have to lose to one of them for niners to even tie so if its a tie niners get the tie breaker.
[ Edited by HoRneR on Dec 13, 2013 at 1:38 PM ]
Originally posted by SneakySniper:
It is not as improbable as everyone thinks. As niner fans, we should know 2 things.

1 ) never count out eli.
2) never count out jeff fisher

Id say 50% chance we win division.
Originally posted by HoRneR:
Yea which they have to lose to one of them for niners to even tie so if its a tie niners get the tie breaker.

Exactly
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
OP, wanna bet?

I'd put 20 on a 3 to 1

I just can't see it happening altho it would be great if it did
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Come on Eli if you can crush our dreams unexpectedly then you can crush theirs too. Just one good game out of you is all i'm asking for

absolutely! if that little horse faced dweeb can $#!t all over just 1 more teams dreams, i will grant him a full pardon for...... being eli manning
A lot of people thought we didn't stand a chance against SEA, and now we are giving up on the division with three games to go down by 2 games?

Lets go Niners!

FAP FOR KAP!
  • dj43
Originally posted by 9ers:

Seahawks are used to playing in foul weather in Seattle. The cold of NJ should not impact them a great deal.

The most likely chance of them losing one is AZ. Not likely, IMO. I expect them to win out barring injury.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I would love to see Carroll pee his pants if they blew the #1 seed.
Share 49ersWebzone