LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Callin it right now: 49ers are gonna win the division

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by dj43:
Back in the days when I was coaching soccer, the team would often ask, "What do you know about this ref? Does he call them close or let us play a bit?"

My answer was always the same: "Go out there and be aggressive from the first whistle. The ref will let you know pretty early how he will call it. Just make sure you don't commit a foul in a situation that will put the opponent in position for a quick goal. If he lets you play early, he will most likely do the same all game long. If he calls it close, then you will have to be less aggressive."

The one thing I never wanted my team to do was to start out in a more passive way and then stand around complaining about what the ref was allowing the other team to do. Don't complain about it. Play the game the way the ref is calling it.

YOU are a smart coach! Seriously.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Not likely, but stranger things have happened. I would really like it better if we went up to that joke of a stadium and put a whoopin on their asses in front of those s**tty, obnoxious, front-running, delusional, overly sensative entitled and self centered "fans" I don't really hate the shehawks other than Littledick Shemhead and Carroll, but the average shehawk fan is scum of the earth. (aside from hawker84 and Lisa)

So would I. I really think it would be a great moment in the history of this franchise if we were the team to snap that winning streak. I'm sick of hearing about Century Link, the 12th man, Kaep's issues up there, etc. I don't care if it's by one or by thirty, I want to beat them in Seattle, in the playoffs.

I agree, as far as picking a place to win, Seattle would be oh so sweet!

But, It'd be nice to see the Seahawks drop a game in the next two, even if it's only one and they still get the #1 seed, they'll have to play for through week 17, no rest for starters and I think they'd feel a bit of heat and doubt as well:-)

Pretty much we all know what's going to happen, we'll get the 5 seed and play CAR in SF for the NFCCG.... Unfortunately, I don't see how we can both beat SEA in SEA and play at home against CAR in the NFCCG....
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Not likely, but stranger things have happened. I would really like it better if we went up to that joke of a stadium and put a whoopin on their asses in front of those s**tty, obnoxious, front-running, delusional, overly sensative entitled and self centered "fans" I don't really hate the shehawks other than Littledick Shemhead and Carroll, but the average shehawk fan is scum of the earth. (aside from hawker84 and Lisa)

So would I. I really think it would be a great moment in the history of this franchise if we were the team to snap that winning streak. I'm sick of hearing about Century Link, the 12th man, Kaep's issues up there, etc. I don't care if it's by one or by thirty, I want to beat them in Seattle, in the playoffs.

I agree, as far as picking a place to win, Seattle would be oh so sweet!

But, It'd be nice to see the Seahawks drop a game in the next two, even if it's only one and they still get the #1 seed, they'll have to play for through week 17, no rest for starters and I think they'd feel a bit of heat and doubt as well:-)

Pretty much we all know what's going to happen, we'll get the 5 seed and play CAR in SF for the NFCCG.... Unfortunately, I don't see how we can both beat SEA in SEA and play at home against CAR in the NFCCG....

i dont see carolina doing much, yeah they beat us and i'll respect that win, but cam has never been to seattle, he hasnt had his shell shocked oh s**t moment up there yet. dont think he can win their in his 1st try. additionally we just saw the egg they laid in new orleans. tough for me to see them past the divisional round.
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
weakhawks will choke away the rest of their season

this!!
Originally posted by LanceQ:
This would be outstanding, but I don't see Seattle dropping three games in a row. We just have to be ready to play up there during the playoffs.

If they drop just two games, we can win the division.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
This would be outstanding, but I don't see Seattle dropping three games in a row. We just have to be ready to play up there during the playoffs.

they've already lost one. in order to win the division, they need to drop 2 more. so thats 3 in a row, or 3 out of 4.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

They have to lose their last three and us win our last three. That would put us at 12-4 and them at 11-5.
I'm gonna call it right now....the Gmen will beat the Seahawks! 27-21
Originally posted by mayo49:

They have to lose their last three and us win our last three. That would put us at 12-4 and them at 11-5.

we can get in if we're both 12-4. we would have a divisional record of 5-1 and theirs would be 4-2.

Originally posted by mayo49:

Wrong. They have to lose two more, which would put them and the 49ers at 12-4. However, we will have a better division record.
It would be funny if they had a Kyle Williams "knee fumble" moment.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
we can get in if we're both 12-4. we would have a divisional record of 5-1 and theirs would be 4-2.

Originally posted by SneakySniper:
Wrong. They have to lose two more, which would put them and the 49ers at 12-4. However, we will have a better division record.

Really, I didn't know a tie would do it, too. Thanks for that info.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm gonna call it right now....the Gmen will beat the Seahawks! 27-21

I'd cream my pants.
So what are the chances Carson Palmer/Kellen Clemens goes into CenturyLink and wins
Share 49ersWebzone