LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 308 users in the forums

Callin it right now: 49ers are gonna win the division

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by blm7754:
I don't want to rain on this parade, but anybody that thinks that Seattle will drop 2 of their remaining 3 games is nuts.

I could see them loosing on the road to NYG. But expecting either the Cards or Rams to win in Seattle is crazy. For one, if Seattle does loose this week, they will fully understand the implications of loosing one of their last two games at home. So they will come to play. Nobody will catch them by surprise.

We lost our chance to win the division when we lost back to back games against the Panthers and Saints and the Saints failed to win in Seattle.
the colts game was inexcusable as well,, thanks roman from running away from something that was working

Those two games (Colts and Panthers) are a good example of why Seattle is a better team right now. While Roman was fiddling while Rome burned (with Harbaugh's implicit approval), Darrell Bevell in Seattle has kept their offense solid and effective enough to win the kind of games the 49ers lost. In short, as much as I hate to admit it, Seattle has a more effective coaching staff, especially on offense, than the 49ers.

We can snivel and complain all we want about the way the Seahawks' secondary plays, the truth is, the league has allowed them a lot of latitude on physical play and their coaches have taught them to take advantage of what the league allows. Another example of a coaching staff that is doing a better job preparing their team to win in this league.
someone correct me if im wrong, but if the giants beat the seahawks and then the seahawks lose to the cards/rams and we win out. would we win the division since we would have better divison record even though same regular season record?
Originally posted by Ninerfan7:
someone correct me if im wrong, but if the giants beat the seahawks and then the seahawks lose to the cards/rams and we win out. would we win the division since we would have better divison record even though same regular season record?

correct

Correct.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Three games left and i'm on board. I think eli and little shift cruz burn those big DBs and the DBs get called for holding like crazy.

Yeah, they are in NY (home of the NFL) so they may gets some actual P.I. calls and not these, "Before the pass, defensive holding, 5 yard penalty, first down."

I swear, we need to do this as well...just hold the #^&*^&* out of them from start to finish and see how many we get away with. Then again, they'd probably call 40-yard P.I.'s on us instead.
  • dj43

Yep. Division record determines the seeding after overall.
Will the cheathawks get cocky again and attempt another shot at flying a dopey banner over giants stadium? That STILL cracks me up!!!!
I can see them lose to the giants and possibly cards or even rams since they both play division teams hard. Plus can never count out Eli, that giants team look like they want to play spoiler. I think best chance for us is if they lose to giants and then the cards back to back losses for them. *sigh* imagine if they had lost one of those close games earlier.. we would be having a whole different conversation..
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Will the cheathawks get cocky again and attempt another shot at flying a dopey banner over giants stadium? That STILL cracks me up!!!!

when I saw that at the game and seahawks fans were talking smack.. now their face AFTER the game, now that was a Kodiak moment..
Originally posted by NCommand:
Three games left and i'm on board. I think eli and little shift cruz burn those big DBs and the DBs get called for holding like crazy.

Yeah, they are in NY (home of the NFL) so they may gets some actual P.I. calls and not these, "Before the pass, defensive holding, 5 yard penalty, first down."

I swear, we need to do this as well...just hold the #^&*^&* out of them from start to finish and see how many we get away with. Then again, they'd probably call 40-yard P.I.'s on us instead.

The refs succumb to the peer pressure from SEA's crowd noise. Its f**king annoying. We really need Eli & Co. to handle business and make the last two game interesting. We'll be glued to SEA games at all times.

^^^ No question. Now how many Niner fans are "OK' with the Brooks call?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vermonator:
The Seahawks have to lose all three remaining games and the Niners have to win out, to win the division. Seahawks win the tiebreaker at 12 and 4. Not bloody likely.
agree and that is why i say( at the risk of being a negative nancy) focus on the last two games, eek into the playoffs , get a first round win on the road and then take your chances with the saints down there. I think that would be a huge positive for this team given how the season has went at times for us this year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Those two games (Colts and Panthers) are a good example of why Seattle is a better team right now. While Roman was fiddling while Rome burned (with Harbaugh's implicit approval), Darrell Bevell in Seattle has kept their offense solid and effective enough to win the kind of games the 49ers lost. In short, as much as I hate to admit it, Seattle has a more effective coaching staff, especially on offense, than the 49ers.

We can snivel and complain all we want about the way the Seahawks' secondary plays, the truth is, the league has allowed them a lot of latitude on physical play and their coaches have taught them to take advantage of what the league allows. Another example of a coaching staff that is doing a better job preparing their team to win in this league.
dj has said nothing wrong,,,, sadly
  • dj43
Originally posted by NCommand:

Back in the days when I was coaching soccer, the team would often ask, "What do you know about this ref? Does he call them close or let us play a bit?"

My answer was always the same: "Go out there and be aggressive from the first whistle. The ref will let you know pretty early how he will call it. Just make sure you don't commit a foul in a situation that will put the opponent in position for a quick goal. If he lets you play early, he will most likely do the same all game long. If he calls it close, then you will have to be less aggressive."

The one thing I never wanted my team to do was to start out in a more passive way and then stand around complaining about what the ref was allowing the other team to do. Don't complain about it. Play the game the way the ref is calling it.
This would be outstanding, but I don't see Seattle dropping three games in a row. We just have to be ready to play up there during the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone