LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

Will Frank reach 10,000 yards this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Frank reach 10,000 yards this year?

Frank Gore will be the #1 starting RB for the 49ers next year. Hunters no #1, LMJ isn't a #1, and they won't hand it to Latt that quickly. Gores not going anywhere either...he'll restructure if he has to, but he's retiring a 49er with well over 10K yards
It's possible Latt eases into the #1 sometime next year but it might not be until '15
He needs 231? For some reason, i think the bucs wil hold him under 50. Then ATL cannot contain him so he'll go off for 100. Then ARZ have a good defense so Frank will be denied.
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Frank Gore will be the #1 starting RB for the 49ers next year. Hunters no #1, LMJ isn't a #1, and they won't hand it to Latt that quickly. Gores not going anywhere either...he'll restructure if he has to, but he's retiring a 49er with well over 10K yards
It's possible Latt eases into the #1 sometime next year but it might not be until '15

i think latt will overtake hunter. hunter is better as a change of pace, i dont think he would be a good every down back. i would love Gore to still be our starter next year tho with a little sharing with the other backs. i think gores still got two very good years left in him
There is more to playing RB in the NFL than just carrying the ball. One big thing that Frank does so very well is pass protection. That's something that Hunter and LMJ have not shown the ability to do as well. And to trust a player like Latt to get that very quickly is asking for a lot. Frank is back next year IMO and the starter. He may get some more rest (which would be great for the playoffs) but he's still going to be the man.
Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
If Frank doesn't, he may not reach it as a Niner, he is slowing down, and there is a logjam of young talent behind him.

And just why would we release Gore after this season? He hasn't slowed down appreciably and we don't have proven talent beyond him that we know can step in and be the threat that he is. Once again, Frank faces the 2nd most 8 man fronts in this league behind only the great Adrian Peterson. There is a reason other than our mediocre passing attack teams play us this way. That reason is because Gore is still elite at what he does. If a team plays us with a 7 man front Gore would absolutely carve up said defense. I am excited about Lattimore and Kendall and LMJ but we need to open 2014 with Frank sharing the load with the backs that step up and earns it in the offseason and the preseason. It would not be wise to just release Gore and assume that the other backs would come right in and force defenses to play us with 8 man fronts to aid our passing attack and be able to shoulder the load and the abuse that Gore does and to protect the QB like Gore does. Gore is still a franchise back and we would be foolish to release him without a proven replacement

Salary cap

No way we release Gore. We need to make some changes on the O-Line this year. Draft is full of players to help the O-Line. Goodwin needs to be replaced. Gore will likely finish with 2 more 1000 yard years. It'll be interesting to see if he is considered a HOF player. When it's all said and done guy will likely be in the 13,000 yard range.
Yep, He'll get to 1,000 in this game

and 10,000 for his career, if not next week, then the next week for sure. That would be 7 1000 seasons, 4 Pro Bowl

And, after this season, Super Bowl MVP

I almost forgot, today he'll get his 60th career rushing TD
[ Edited by wysiwyg on Dec 15, 2013 at 9:41 AM ]
frank gore looks old, said no one ever
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Yep, He'll get to 1,000 in this game

and 10,000 for his career, if not next week, then the next week for sure. That would be 7 1000 seasons, 4 Pro Bowl

And, after this season, Super Bowl MVP

I almost forgot, today he'll get his 60th career rushing TD

Over 1K, only 150 yards away with 2 to play
It's possible. I think he's going to run with murder against ATL.
Frank Gore is my favorite Niner of all time. Guy is all heart

Originally posted by pdizo916:
It's possible. I think he's going to run with murder against ATL.

Great metaphor
I believe 144 to go. 9856 rush, 2766 receiving = 12622 career yards.
86 yards today on 22 carries
needs a big game against ATL and he's got it.
hoping he passes the 11,236 yard mark. would love to see him ahead of o.j. simpson
Share 49ersWebzone