LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Will Frank reach 10,000 yards this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Frank reach 10,000 yards this year?

• Chico
  • Veteran
looks like he only needs 230 yards. I sure hope he does it. I'm sure he and the coaches know it's right around the corner. I hope he does it during the Monday nighter against ATL.

what do you guys think?
Originally posted by Chico:
looks like he only needs 230 yards. I sure hope he does it. I'm sure he and the coaches know it's right around the corner. I hope he does it during the Monday nighter against ATL.

what do you guys think?

He'll get it ....the last home game will be the perfect scenario
If Frank doesn't, he may not reach it as a Niner, he is slowing down, and there is a logjam of young talent behind him.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
If Frank doesn't, he may not reach it as a Niner, he is slowing down, and there is a logjam of young talent behind him.

And just why would we release Gore after this season? He hasn't slowed down appreciably and we don't have proven talent beyond him that we know can step in and be the threat that he is. Once again, Frank faces the 2nd most 8 man fronts in this league behind only the great Adrian Peterson. There is a reason other than our mediocre passing attack teams play us this way. That reason is because Gore is still elite at what he does. If a team plays us with a 7 man front Gore would absolutely carve up said defense. I am excited about Lattimore and Kendall and LMJ but we need to open 2014 with Frank sharing the load with the backs that step up and earns it in the offseason and the preseason. It would not be wise to just release Gore and assume that the other backs would come right in and force defenses to play us with 8 man fronts to aid our passing attack and be able to shoulder the load and the abuse that Gore does and to protect the QB like Gore does. Gore is still a franchise back and we would be foolish to release him without a proven replacement
75/80 Yards a game, I think so for sure. My prediction is another 100 yard game, a 70 and a 60. Boom!
He'll hit the 10k mark and keep moving up the all time rushing list.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

And just why would we release Gore after this season? He hasn't slowed down appreciably and we don't have proven talent beyond him that we know can step in and be the threat that he is. Once again, Frank faces the 2nd most 8 man fronts in this league behind only the great Adrian Peterson. There is a reason other than our mediocre passing attack teams play us this way. That reason is because Gore is still elite at what he does. If a team plays us with a 7 man front Gore would absolutely carve up said defense. I am excited about Lattimore and Kendall and LMJ but we need to open 2014 with Frank sharing the load with the backs that step up and earns it in the offseason and the preseason. It would not be wise to just release Gore and assume that the other backs would come right in and force defenses to play us with 8 man fronts to aid our passing attack and be able to shoulder the load and the abuse that Gore does and to protect the QB like Gore does. Gore is still a franchise back and we would be foolish to release him without a proven replacement

Salary cap
Agreed. Unless there is some way Gore takes less money to remain a 49er, I think he gets released in off season. We all love him, but with Hunter, LMJ, Lattimore all itching to get a shot, we have to move on.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
Agreed. Unless there is some way Gore takes less money to remain a 49er, I think he gets released in off season. We all love him, but with Hunter, LMJ, Lattimore all itching to get a shot, we have to move on.

Salary cap

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Salary cap

Not saying I think he should be let go, nor that I have any idea what the organization thinks on the issue, but the 49ers have let players with equal legacies go before.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I love Fwankie.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:

Whats the deal with this infatuation some of you have about moving on from Gore? Makes no sense. Gore is still the best player the 49ers have on offense. He's by far and away the best running back on the roster. Hell he's still one of the best backs in the entire league. Someone above posted how bad Gore would carve up a 7 man front I agree completely. I'd love to see a team try to stop him with 7 guys. LOL I'd like to see that with a bad offensive line. Gore is a beast. His vision and patience hasn't slowed down and that's what ultimately makes him so special. Personally I'm getting tired of all the talk. Lets have this conversation when it actually does look like he's slowing down. He just single handedly beat the best defense in the league with his longest run of the season and now he needs to take a pay cut?

Hunter has shown nothing this season. He's a good back but he's not even in the same league as Frank. Every other back on the roster has shown even less than Hunter. Yeah I think we'll keep Frank right where he belongs. On top of the 49ers food chain. Now if Frank gets a superbowl ring this season things could change. As it sits right now I see absolutely zero reason to believe he wont be our starter next season.
I'm betting Gore will restructure his contract this offseason including a 1-2 year extension with minimal to no money guaranteed after next season to help with the cap. The staff needs to see if Lattimore is up to the task b4 they hand him the reins. I like Hunter and LMJ but I feel like they are complementary backs, Gore has atleast one more year.
I don't think LMJ or Hunter is capable of being an every down back and performing even close to Frank's level. Lattimore is a possibility, but he hasn't played a down yet.

I am fairly confident that Gore will play out his contract and Lattimore will take over the every down role in 2015. Whatever contract extensions come this offseason will be structured so that we can keep Gore.
Share 49ersWebzone