LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 349 users in the forums

Gameplan Verse Seattle in the Playoffs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dump Roman and re-hire Jimmy Raye for the gut punch offense
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Play at home..... Oh wait......

Do you live in an alternate universe? We WON the game.

I think what he was saying was: "The strategy against Seattle in the playoffs is to 'play at home... oh wait...' we can't because we won't have home field advantage."
NVM
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Dec 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM ]
I thought Fangio had an excellent game plan and adjusted very well in the second half of the game. The defense played lights out, they held Seattle to 78 total offensive yards in the second half. Marshawn Lynch ran for only 22 yards in the second half, 72 total with a 3.7 ypc. Held Russell Wilson for a grand total of 2 yds rushing, less than 200 yds passing. I mean what more can we ask for? I think we had a great gameplan and the defense executed it very well, GREAT adjustments in the second half too. Defense is the very least of our worries IMO.
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Dec 12, 2013 at 12:09 AM ]
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
I thought Fangio had an excellent game plan and adjusted very well in the second half of the game. The defense played lights out, they held Seattle to 78 total offensive yards in the second half. Marshawn Lynch ran for only 22 yards in the second half, 72 total with a 3.7 ypc. Held Russell Wilson for a grand total of 2 yds rushing, less than 200 yds passing. I mean what more can we ask for? I think we had a great gameplan and the defense executed it very well, GREAT adjustments in the second half too. Defense is the very least of our worries IMO.

I also thought Fangio had a very good game plan, and he did adjust to what he did @ Seattle.

I listened to Ted Robinson on KNBR a few days ago, and he mentioned how in the 1st game we ran a lot of Dime when Seattle spread the field with multiple receivers. This took our LBs off the field, and Seattle ran the ball from these formations with a lot of success.

This time around we ran plenty of Nickel, but never Dime, and kept Bowman and Willis on the field at all times. Seattle countered by creating a mismatch with Willis having to cover their 2nd TE Willson down the field.

That's how football goes. Coaches are smart, they will adjust and look for mismatches no matter what the defense is, especially when you have talent. But we played very clean, aggressive, and disciplined. Seattle did not get big plays. Wilson extended a lot of plays and found open receivers, but he never got those back-breaking shots down the field when he did.
II Peter 2:16

(KJV)
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
II Peter 2:16

(KJV)

I had to look this up out of curiosity.

"But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet."

• Silky
  • Veteran
we need to worry about who we are playing first in the playoffs. Whoever it is will be pumped they are in the playoffs and will want to win too
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Play at home..... Oh wait......

Do you live in an alternate universe? We WON the game.

At home right? But not on the road where we could likely face them in the playoffs.
The only game plan we need to really focus on is offense. We had a much better plan at home establishing and sticking with the run. If we execute a bit better then we can win again. No turnovers, minimize confusion, execute plays on time. We will be fine. Time to focus on beating the Buccaneers.

Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
we need to worry about who we are playing first in the playoffs. Whoever it is will be pumped they are in the playoffs and will want to win too

Not to mention that is will be a string of road games most likely. This will be a tough road for sure.
The last thing i am worried about IF we see Seattle again is our Defense. I agree with the post above about using the flats on offense. If Seattle plays 8 in the box with 2 CB man to man on outside and E. Thomas safety in the middle, then clearly if one of our WRs does a slant inside, that side of the field is wide open for a RB to come out to, or a TE to slide into. Then 1 broken or missed tackle away from a nice gain.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
In the immortal words of Mr. Wolf: "Let's not start sucking each others d***s just yet"

I was going to post the same thing.

Way too premature. We play two very solid defenses coming up a long with one playing for their playoff lives who happens to be a divisional opponent. And then, you know, possible winning two more playoff games.

Well spoken, sir.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
open up we win

close it down, so does the season
Yes Romlan needs to be ADDRESSED,the 9ers should have beaten the Hawks by at Least 10m points,the defense Played too good to have that type of final SCORE.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
versus
Share 49ersWebzone