LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

What will it take for the 49ers to host any playoff games?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Seahawks lose Monday, then to the Niners next week. Then hope for one more in an upset.

The Hawks have had the ball bounce their way in a bunch of gea they could or should have lost so hopefully they get one of those 3 int games with a muffed punt against the Rams or something and we both end up 12-4.

They still need to go to New York for an early east coast game so that might be a chance.

I am not giving up on it yet, sports has a way of working into a movie script and I just can't see the last game at Candlestick being in the month of December!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrazer45:
Win all remaining games 12 - 4

And hopefully the hawks have a momentous slide since their secondary is different now.

Wouldn't it b great to turn on the tv on the sports channels and all their talking about is ,,,,,,,,,,,

What happened to the hawks !!!

This.
Originally posted by rxrunner:
win out and the hawks drop 3 games

Dudes--I was utilizing espn's playoff predictor or something and we still get a wildcard if this happens. We need the 'hawks to lose at least 4 more games :(.
A Seattle collapse.......either they lose out here or lose in their first game, along with the other division winners, assuming the 49ers end up with the #5...not #6 seed.
A very bad injury to Russell Wilson, and probably Richard Sherman as well.
As bad as our Offense has been, and as good as Seattle has been, I think they can drop three maybe even 4 and we could be first. This because:

They lost two important CB's which was the heart of their defense.
They play NO, Us, and NY Giants who are fighting for a playoff spot, PLUS Arizona and STL.
Once the ice is broken and they lose one game, they'll start to fall apart. This is not a real 10-1 team. They've pulled to many close games out of their a$$e$

We are getting it right at the right time.

All of this if of course........our offense steps it up
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Dudes--I was utilizing espn's playoff predictor or something and we still get a wildcard if this happens. We need the 'hawks to lose at least 4 more games :(.

I'd double check that. What if they lose 2 of their three games against division teams? like us and arizona?
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
niners get the 5th seed and play the 6th seed in the NFC championship.

I could see that... 49ers and Panthers in the NFC championship. That isn't too far fetched since the NFC East and NFC North are so weak.
Originally posted by dave1003:
The NFL's playoff seeding is a joke. If you win your division you should get in but home field advantage should be by record like the NBA is. You guys remember when the 7-9 seahawks hosted the 12-4 saints and won? It's beyond comprehension why you are awarded with a home playoff game for being in a terrible divison. I don't know why the NFL doesn't address this issue.

there has to be something said for winning your division. if not then do away with them all together and just bring the top 6 teams. if you're going to have divisions the winner has to be given something for winning the division otherwise it seems totally pointless.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Empire49.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Travel back in time, trade Kaepernick instead of Smith.

Fail.

Travel back in time, fire Roman. Get somebody competent. Problem solved.

Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Travel back in time, trade Kaepernick instead of Smith.

Fail.

Travel back in time, fire Roman. Get somebody competent. Problem solved.

Also DO NOT draft A.J. Jenkins. Anyone but Jenkins.

Alshon Jeffery, Rueben Randle, T.Y. Hilton, Chris Givens.....take your pick.
A lot of help
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
We need this pimp in the green hat to smoke Roger Badhell, some referees and a couple of CAWK suckers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USKaDV4yZcw
Upsets...major upsets
If Seattle loses to NO on monday and we beat them next sunday, we will only be one game back in the division. I still haven't given up on the NFC west, personally.
Share 49ersWebzone