There are 234 users in the forums

What will it take for the 49ers to host any playoff games?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What are the scenarios for the 49ers to host any playoff games?
I want to go to a playoff game at candlestick park....
win out and the hawks drop 3 games
niners get the 5th seed and play the 6th seed in the NFC championship.
Win out, and pray the Hawks lose to us, the Saints, and the Cards/Rams. I checked thoroughly, if the 49ers and Hawks tie 12-4, 49ers win all the tie-breaker scenarios, and take the NFC West + #2 seed. Getting jobbed in that Saints game really screwed us out of taking the Division, it was so obvious.

Otherwise, we gotta pray the Panthers flop against the Saints, and we still take the #5. -It happened in 2008 actually, the #5 Cards hosting the #6 Eagles in the NFC Championship game.
Originally posted by rxrunner:
win out and the hawks drop 3 games

The NFL's playoff seeding is a joke. If you win your division you should get in but home field advantage should be by record like the NBA is. You guys remember when the 7-9 seahawks hosted the 12-4 saints and won? It's beyond comprehension why you are awarded with a home playoff game for being in a terrible divison. I don't know why the NFL doesn't address this issue.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

Likely only chance
Originally posted by dave1003:
The NFL's playoff seeding is a joke. If you win your division you should get in but home field advantage should be by record like the NBA is. You guys remember when the 7-9 seahawks hosted the 12-4 saints and won? It's beyond comprehension why you are awarded with a home playoff game for being in a terrible divison. I don't know why the NFL doesn't address this issue.

saints were 11-5, and nobody cares
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

Likely only chance

Agree
Win all remaining games 12 - 4

And hopefully the hawks have a momentous slide since their secondary is different now.

Wouldn't it b great to turn on the tv on the sports channels and all their talking about is ,,,,,,,,,,,

What happened to the hawks !!!
[ Edited by redrazer45 on Nov 30, 2013 at 7:23 AM ]

Brees is more than capable of exploiting that CB position vacated by Sherman/Thurmond. Then our boys will be motivated to hit these chickens in the mouth when they come to the Stick. And don't think that there aren't any trap games for Seattle at the tail end of their schedule. The Niners will be peaking at just the right time and probably won't be at full strength until the first playoff game.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Brees is more than capable of exploiting that CB position vacated by Sherman/Thurmond. Then our boys will be motivated to hit these chickens in the mouth when they come to the Stick. And don't think that there aren't any trap games for Seattle at the tail end of their schedule. The Niners will be peaking at just the right time and probably won't be at full strength until the first playoff game.

thinkin one of those trap games is in NY

Im thinkin by then the giants know they are out of it ,or need it .....
Either way,
Thinkin NY defense will be HUNTIN WILSON HARD !

He may not play after that game for a long time
I don't see it happening. Just the 49ers winning out seems like a long shot but I guess anything can happen.
Travel back in time, trade Kaepernick instead of Smith.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Travel back in time, trade Kaepernick instead of Smith.

^
Share 49ersWebzone