LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

The 9ers seriously needs to watch out !!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leebert81:
Originally posted by cciowa:
that is 100 per cent on the coaches. what do you think the players thought of being told a couple weeks ago,, "sorry guys you are not good enough to get a yard on fourth and goal from the one"? am i the only one upset with the fact that even when we do have a nice half time lead(usually over a bad team) the coaches go soft on offense and defense and it almost costs us? almost cost us the patriot game last year. not as bad as mooch taking a knee vs tampa but they are getting pretty god damn close in my opinion
Thanks for bringing that up
sorry,, i just hate coaches who act like they are scared or as many say,, play not to lose. do you think that happened last night with denver?( off topic, sorry)
Originally posted by Jcool:

AZ was 3-4 then go on a 4 games win streak against teams with a combined record of 13-31. Take out Indy and its 6-27.

Colts defense is currently 21st.

Bears have the 31st rushing defense. They give up 133.9 rushing yards per game.
But we didn't beat any good teams during our 5 game winning streak either. Only team would be Arizona, which is playing much better now. Against Indy who had deficiencies in the secondary, we couldn't take advantage of them. New Orleans used a 4-4-3 defense and dared us to pass, but we couldn't do that consistently. Yes there was a few drops, but our schemes are lacking. As Cossell said, you can't win with a 2 TE, 2 RB offense.

This team concerns me from play calling, utilization of players in offense and rotation of players in defense. I'm hoping our team can pull it together WHEN they get to the playoffs.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Other teams need to watch out for us. We're about to get healthy and catch steam it's funny how half of our fan base has given up on our team

people are raising serious concerns about this team and coaches. i am tired of the injury excuse, the refs are against us and whatever else. the fact of the matter is that we do not play good football , for whatever reason, vs good teams and that should be a concern and not to be confused with "chicken littles the sky is falling". we won five in a row vs bad teams and no one said anything about injuries which we had in multiple places. the injuries just did not happen as of late. in case you have not noticed, aldon is back but is hardly a factor and our pass rush continues to suck. mario is back but our passing game continues to suck. No this is not "whining", those are the facts,. we have no margin for error anymore. a loss tonight would destroy this team and our playoff chances in my opinion. other teams are not afraid of the niners anymore and are playing with no pressure on them so keep that in mind. we better damn well not get off to a bad start tonight and give this team hope

Well said!

And this notion that once Crabs comes back we will be fine is a joke. People need to realize there are some good teams in the NFC this year and there is no guarantee we make the playoffs this year. One more loss could be huge. We still have to play Washington tonight, Seattle, AZ and St. Louis. That's tough
NFC West is good, we already knew that. In related news, the Seahawks will be out it's #2 and #3 corner's for the 49ers game at Candlestick. The 49ers will have Crabtree back.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Other teams need to watch out for us. We're about to get healthy and catch steam it's funny how half of our fan base has given up on our team

people are raising serious concerns about this team and coaches. i am tired of the injury excuse, the refs are against us and whatever else. the fact of the matter is that we do not play good football , for whatever reason, vs good teams and that should be a concern and not to be confused with "chicken littles the sky is falling". we won five in a row vs bad teams and no one said anything about injuries which we had in multiple places. the injuries just did not happen as of late. in case you have not noticed, aldon is back but is hardly a factor and our pass rush continues to suck. mario is back but our passing game continues to suck. No this is not "whining", those are the facts,. we have no margin for error anymore. a loss tonight would destroy this team and our playoff chances in my opinion. other teams are not afraid of the niners anymore and are playing with no pressure on them so keep that in mind. we better damn well not get off to a bad start tonight and give this team hope

Well said!

And this notion that once Crabs comes back we will be fine is a joke. People need to realize there are some good teams in the NFC this year and there is no guarantee we make the playoffs this year. One more loss could be huge. We still have to play Washington tonight, Seattle, AZ and St. Louis. That's tough
one of the reasons i was so opposed to trading for flash gordon is because i thought with mario coming back and then crabs, we do not need him.. well mario has not made a difference so maybe i was wrong on that. However if crabs comes back and we are still f**king around,, we KNOW for sure it is not the wide outs. it is roman/jh or ck. I would opt for roman because his track record has already a history of mental illness to it.And as steve young said,, if it is not roman then we were all wrong about ck and that is a place NO ONE wants to go because that thought is pretty terrifying to the future of our franchise and JH who put all his eggs into that basket
If we cant beat the Skins 2nite u can pretty much kiss the playoffs goodbye there are a few teams playing playoff football right now that can easily take that #6 seed from us, Carolina is separating themselves & we have teams like The Cardinals & even the Rams playing quality football right now

Hope the Niners get their isshh together, it has to start TONITE!!!
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Well said!

one of the reasons i was so opposed to trading for flash gordon is because i thought with mario coming back and then crabs, we do not need him.. well mario has not made a difference so maybe i was wrong on that. However if crabs comes back and we are still f**king around,, we KNOW for sure it is not the wide outs. it is roman/jh or ck. I would opt for roman because his track record has already a history of mental illness to it.And as steve young said,, if it is not roman then we were all wrong about ck and that is a place NO ONE wants to go because that thought is pretty terrifying to the future of our franchise and JH who put all his eggs into that basket

Well said ....scary ...but well said .....I was also against bringing in Gordon, but at this time, a 2nd rounder for a talented WR to help jump start the offense is a steal
i honestly hate sportscenter announcers n even nfl network..was I the only 1 that figured kap wouldn't be as great as last year..obviously teams do there homework..also figure this if his targets consist of kyle Williams anquan boldin jon Baldwin an Vernon davis for 11 weeks then wat do u expect..the fact he lost vd for a game n a half didn't help..its like cmon now..kw garbage thank god hes gone..Baldwin a bigger bust then Jenkins will be..lol I forgot marlon moore..he was ass 2..now wat im saying is when crabs is back n I expect him 2 be relevant in a big way we will have crabs boldin manninham vd..now is kap doesn't do well with them then talk..i expect us to have the 5th spot n play the eagles round 1..by the playoffs we wll be at full strength offensively n defensively for the 1st time all season..
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Well said ....scary ...but well said .....I was also against bringing in Gordon, but at this time, a 2nd rounder for a talented WR to help jump start the offense is a steal

i will see what crabs can bring to the table before i totally confess i was dead wrong about trading for gordon. i really have lost total confidence in romans ability to use any of our players to the best of their ability,, from ck to the wide outs
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
If we cant beat the Skins 2nite u can pretty much kiss the playoffs goodbye there are a few teams playing playoff football right now that can easily take that #6 seed from us, Carolina is separating themselves & we have teams like The Cardinals & even the Rams playing quality football right now

Hope the Niners get their isshh together, it has to start TONITE!!!

Go Niners!

also Carolina is going to lose the saints 2 times n I think tampa bay next week..n the cards will lose to the eagles titans seahawks n 9ers..mark my words..we will will win the rest of our games..tonight I expect the 9ers to dominate..aldon smith 3 sacks..3rd week back expecting him 2 be in football shape again
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

i will see what crabs can bring to the table before i totally confess i was dead wrong about trading for gordon. i really have lost total confidence in romans ability to use any of our players to the best of their ability,, from ck to the wide outs

same here .....once our passing game finally gets into a rhythm , I'll back off Roman/Harbs/ CK a bit ....but I havent been this frustrated with our passing attack since the days of Dorsey/ Pickett/ Dilfer/ O'Sullivan
Let's see what you guys say when we finish 12-4

i will say great, fine, i over reacted and did not let the season play out and did not give enough credit to the players and (gulp) roman. if on the other hand ,, what are you prepared to do? and actually if something bad happens and we miss the playoffs or fall off the cliff I am not going to harass people who predicted 12-4 because that serves no purpose and the results will speak volumes but yes yes, i of course hope your theory is right despite some who think i am a negative nancy, i still feel we will only lose to the hawks this year and play the cards and beat the cards there to sneak into the playoffs. i think a game to decide a playoff spot is pressure the cards are not ready for,, however can not look that far down the road because if we lose tonight,, that game will mean nothing

look at the panthers and cards schedule before anything please..panthers will lose 3 games and cards will lose 4..we will be the 5th seed fully healthy going to philly..
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
But we didn't beat any good teams during our 5 game winning streak either. Only team would be Arizona, which is playing much better now. Against Indy who had deficiencies in the secondary, we couldn't take advantage of them. New Orleans used a 4-4-3 defense and dared us to pass, but we couldn't do that consistently. Yes there was a few drops, but our schemes are lacking. As Cossell said, you can't win with a 2 TE, 2 RB offense.

This team concerns me from play calling, utilization of players in offense and rotation of players in defense. I'm hoping our team can pull it together WHEN they get to the playoffs.

Well the two teams we need to "watch out for" we scored 35 and 32 points on and the teams we beat during the win streak had a combined 19-25 record, much better then 13-31.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Some fans are in the same denial that the 9ers coaching staff is in - "It will be fine, ...we're a play-off team."

Maybe it will take a kick in the stomach failure for the staff to wake up and address the reality that the 9ers:
1. Offense is remedial
2. Talent at WR is comical
3. And with that, our defense is tiring (mentally and physically) just like prior years

Maybe it's only by significant failure this front office and staff will make changes necessary to catch the Seahawk's younger, stronger, faster, more complete team - PED's or not. And they will realize the improving Rams and Cards are poised with the momentum to overtake 9ers.

The only consolation is that MAYBE the front office saw this coming and in reality drafted like this was a rebuilding year. They drafted a lot of top talent that would pay dividends in year 2 - but not immediately:
1. Lattimore to replace Gore
2. Tank and Dial for the DL
3. Lemonier for OLB rotation

Next year the draft priorities have to be:
1. WR (even if they have to draft multiple options)
2. CB

(PS - Why the heck did we hire Mangini - we needed an offensive passing game consultant!!!)

Yep. When people post the truth, for some reason some of the older members just don't want to listen to it like they are blinded by their fandom.

I have been wanting to say this for a long time, my pediction is the Seahawks' time has arrived and they will dominate on top for a while, may be a couple of years at the very least.

The 9ers is an aging team, one of the oldest in fact. We have many holes in multiple positions on our roster ranging from WR to RB, to DL to KR/PR to name a few. Our personnel is simply inferior. It will take a tonne of work as in changes before we can climb back up again. As to when ? That depends on whether we can make the right moves in the draft as well as free agency and how fast we can reload again. No earlier than 2015.

What the FO needs to do is to stop stockpiling picks while not fully utilizing them. Use the picks wisely to trade up for strong prospects and stop mucking around with a bunch of low rounders who will only end up on the trading block.

The 49ers are one of the most talented teams in the league. They are still Super Bowl contenders this year, and will be for the next couple of years. Things can turn around very quickly. In my opinion, it's an over-reaction to write off this team for this year (as well as next year!? WTF?)

Why? First, there is no evidence that our defense is tiring. It is a championship caliber defense. That defense will keep us in every game...we are not an easy out for any team. Second, it's not impossible to believe that our passing offense can regain its footing within the next couple of months. After all, it was only earlier this year when it looked fantastic.

I am not saying we should be #1 in the ESPN power rankings. We are not currently the favorite to win the Super Bowl (statistically, no team is). But there is no need to completely write this year off.

(If we lose to the Redskins and the Rams in the next two week, then we can start to hit the panic button and start looking to 2014 (or 2015 or whatever).
Share 49ersWebzone