LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 217 users in the forums

Charlie Weis for OC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was sitting here trying to think of offensive minded coaches throughout the college ranks and Charlie Weis suddenly popped into my head. I know, I know, he sux... That's partially true, as a head coach he is terrible. As an OC he is a brilliant mind, imo... I think he could do a lot with the players we have right now. What are your thoughts niners?
When I first read this I said Weis eats crap.

BUT, Norv was a TERRIBLE head coach and a damn good OC.

Maybe Weis?
he doesnt run the wco but then again the same can be said for roman
Charlie Weis just ate my hot dog! As a ND fan I wouldn't be a big fan of this move. He was probably a decent OC because the Patriots were cheating their asses off by memorizing defensive plays from the sideline. At ND he had a good year with recruits that were brought in by Willingham (whom they should have never fired).
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Will someone please lock this thread before I stab something
No.

Dude. People. Are you guys serious?

The 49ers OC next year will be Greg Roman. If you think it'll be anyone else you are fooling yourself.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Marvin49:
No.

Dude. People. Are yiou guys serious?

The 49ers OC next year will be Greg Roman. If you think it'll be anyone else you are fooling yourself.

True UNLESS he goes somewhere to a HC job.
Originally posted by Janitor:
No.

Which is now less likely to happen with the 32nd rated Pass O.
Originally posted by Janitor:
No.

Which is now less likely to happen with the 32nd rated Pass O.

exactly ...opposing teams wont be knocking on Greg's door until our passing attack is dangerous and legit again

Originally posted by ltrain:
Charlie Weis just ate my hot dog! As a ND fan I wouldn't be a big fan of this move. He was probably a decent OC because the Patriots were cheating their asses off by memorizing defensive plays from the sideline. At ND he had a good year with recruits that were brought in by Willingham (whom they should have never fired).

Cool, I'm a ND fan as well. I wasn't a big fan of his either as a head coach or a person, he was quite the douchebag in person. He does know his sh!t as far as offense is concerned. He did a great job the one season he was in KC as the OC. He might not be good at finding and/or developing talent, but he does know how to put talented players in a position to succeed.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/175649-offensive-coordinator-candidates-around-nfl/
Share 49ersWebzone