LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

Does the league have something against us?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
we've gotten lucky with some breaks before too but thats the superbowl. if the most important game in sports can be called unfairly the integrity of the game is compromised

Yeah, the play didn't matter, but the Ravens punt play/safety has to be one of the funniest exhibits of this ever. Half the punt coverage team was being blatantly held or quite literally tackled by the Ravens . . . yet the play didn't draw a single flag.

It's impossible to not cast a wary eye after seeing something like that.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
we've gotten lucky with some breaks before too but thats the superbowl. if the most important game in sports can be called unfairly the integrity of the game is compromised

EXACTLY! The NFL is turning into the NBA which I tuned out years ago because the game is so rigged or fixed. I'm just waiting for the NFL to play a best 3 out of 5 for the Super Bowl title so they can generate more money!
The 49ers should hire someone who has an "in" with the league.... sort of like a lobbyist who can grease the skids for us. Maybe that will ease the bad calls on the team.
Originally posted by crabman82:
it does happen all the time. borderline roughing the passer penalties happen a lot. for some reason you wanted to limit it to the final 3 mins of games and in nfc or afc titles games or whatever you said. a quick browse around on sunday to various games will show lots of borderline calls, some right and some wrong. its not my job to give you a detailed run down of them. michael bennett of the seahawks got a tacky one a couple of weeks ago that i can remember right off of the top. theres a reason i paused on my celebration of the play cus i knew there was a chance a flag could get tossed, doesnt mean i have to agree with it, but i got to be aware of the state of this game today to know its a real possibility. i'm off to work now so if u respond my response wont be right away, but i'll scan this thread and respond when i'm off, cheers.

No worries, we can agree to disagree on this one. That said, I was thinking of you a bit ago b/c they had Chris Canty on (Ravens) and they were reviewing the Brooks hit and he admtted that it's so bad now that he doesn't even BEGIN to celebrate until he is sure no flag has been thrown. You could say it's b/c they are trying to protect the QB's more or b/c they call those fouls so inconsistently, but either way, what a sad sad state to have to play like that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
no they dont, but i'll say our coach looking like a petulant little child ethering the refs when calls dont go his way wont work in his favour down the line. like vs the titans he absolutely flipped on a PI call he wanted when we were winning 24-0, hes got to learn to chill out, theres a way to get the point across without looking 6 years old.

he spends the whole game screaming at the refs instead of getting plays called in on time and giving shock treatments to roman when warranted and then he spends the entire week after griping about calls and non calls thus not preparing the team for the next game,, we saw this routine from him after green bay
Originally posted by cciowa:
no they dont, but i'll say our coach looking like a petulant little child ethering the refs when calls dont go his way wont work in his favour down the line. like vs the titans he absolutely flipped on a PI call he wanted when we were winning 24-0, hes got to learn to chill out, theres a way to get the point across without looking 6 years old.

he spends the whole game screaming at the refs instead of getting plays called in on time and giving shock treatments to roman when warranted and then he spends the entire week after griping about calls and non calls thus not preparing the team for the next game,, we saw this routine from him after green bay

Sadly, there is a lot of truth to this...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Can someone tell me what was so lucky about our 2011 team

Everything... Basically every call went our way, our turnover rate was ridiculous, most fumbles excluding the last game were never lost, so many things were in our favor when we pulled out all those defensive battles for the W.

we played well that year in most every game cept for the ravens on thanksgiving , did not make mistakes to beat ourselves and put ourselves in a "position" to win the games. this year when we lose, we beat ourselves all the time, we never put ourselves in a spot to win the game, cept for last sunday and then despite the grassy knoll theorys,, we lost because we could not get a first down in the fourth quarter, ck and osgood went full retard at the worst possible moments, JH f**ked up challenges all game long and roman was ,, well roman
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoldenChips:
The 49ers should hire someone who has an "in" with the league.... sort of like a lobbyist who can grease the skids for us. Maybe that will ease the bad calls on the team.

jesus f**king christ

The entire week after? Hyperbole much?
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
They don't like Jim's antics I guarantee it

Originally posted by Chico:
All the bad calls lately? The SB calls with holding on Crabs, the player pushing a ref and there's no calls or flags, holding on Bruce Miller...
Brooks getting fined on top of the bogus call that could have cost us the game. It just seems like lately they have been picking on us and letting the other teams win.

I mean the SB was so lame and disgusting because we know how cute of a story it is for Ray Lewis to go out on top. It's like when Seattle lost to Pittsburgh in the SB because they wanted Jermoe Bettis to go out on top. I HATE Seattle and glad they lost but that SB was so rigged!

What do you guys think? too much favoritism in this league?

No, dont be silly.

I challenge you to visit each team's message boards and you'll find threads complaining about how the league is conspiring against their team, or how the mainstream media doesn't give them respect.

Win a superbowl and that nonsense stops.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

he did for the entire week after green bay, go back and look at the archives,,, every day that week leading up to seattle there was a story with JH running his mouth about clay mathews which meant nothing getting ready for seattle.
Originally posted by Stanley:
Originally posted by Chico:
All the bad calls lately? The SB calls with holding on Crabs, the player pushing a ref and there's no calls or flags, holding on Bruce Miller...
Brooks getting fined on top of the bogus call that could have cost us the game. It just seems like lately they have been picking on us and letting the other teams win.

I mean the SB was so lame and disgusting because we know how cute of a story it is for Ray Lewis to go out on top. It's like when Seattle lost to Pittsburgh in the SB because they wanted Jermoe Bettis to go out on top. I HATE Seattle and glad they lost but that SB was so rigged!

What do you guys think? too much favoritism in this league?

No, dont be silly.

I challenge you to visit each team's message boards and you'll find threads complaining about how the league is conspiring against their team, or how the mainstream media doesn't give them respect.

Win a superbowl and that nonsense stops.

really Stanley ..is that your comeback

he did for the entire week after green bay, go back and look at the archives,,, every day that week leading up to seattle there was a story with JH running his mouth about clay mathews which meant nothing getting ready for seattle.

There were repeated stories regurgitating what he said on Sunday and Monday . . . sometimes Tuesday when he does his KNBR sport every other week.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

There were repeated stories regurgitating what he said on Sunday and Monday . . . sometimes Tuesday when he does his KNBR sport every other week.

you and i just have a different memory of that week and thats ok
Share 49ersWebzone