LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Can Someone Explain How It Wasn't a Penalty?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ray Lewis just said he would pay for half of Ahmad Brooks fine for his hit on Brees, if he gets one.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Holy #$%^&*. Ray Lewis just said that he will pay 1/2 of Brooks fine if they fine him...dude, he is livid! Wow. I may have to take back the deer antler spray comments now. LOL

take it all back, guys from the U are all awesome
Holy #$%^&*. Ray Lewis just said that he will pay 1/2 of Brooks fine if they fine him...dude, he is livid! Wow. I may have to take back the deer antler spray comments now. LOL

What was said exactly?
He pulled out his credit card. lol wow
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
What was said exactly?

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport15s
Ray Lewis just said on MNCD he will pay half of any fine for 49ers Ahmad Brooks for the hit on Drew Brees (as Ray waved his Amex card)

What was said exactly?

I don't even know where to start...he is still going off...all 4 guys on the panel!

Someone will post that video, I'm sure.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 18, 2013 at 4:18 PM ]
Originally posted by ImagineDAT_1963:
Wow I've never seen so many cry babies in my life! (Including your coach) instead of latching on to one play which was the correct call please talk about your inept offense and how you were rewarded 17 points and still lost. 3 turnovers gave you guys points because you started inside the 30 twice. This game shouldn't have even been close. Gore was contained and your quarterback can't throw thats the issue here so stop whining about one penalty. What makes me mad is when the pats screwed us over the entire game i didn't see one of our players in the media crying on camera. I didn't see our coach whining on camera. We took the loss for what it was because we had two chances to put the game away and failed. Its called ownership and now deflecting the blame to someone who you know will call that a penalty 9 times out of 10! If they would throw a flag for the qb simply being slapped on the helmet you don't think they will for one getting close lined??? If you don't lay an egg at home to Carolina last week this lost isn't even that bad. Blame your coaching staff and your offense!

check out your fan base after your cheerleader coach was busted for cheating. The crying and whining still continues today. Your cheap ass team put hits on QBs to win the super bowl which were 10 times as "dirty" as this hit.

I just wish Brooks went to Brees' knees and avoided a penalty, then you would be crying about how your QB is done for the season with torn ACLs and how we won the game with an actual "cheap" shot.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 18, 2013 at 4:18 PM ]

What was said exactly?

I don't even know where to start...he is still going off...all 4 guys on the panel!

haha i hate lewis but....

go lewis go! s**t on these p***y 5'9 160 pound QBs. They have no business in this league.

What was said exactly?

Yea, that was pretty intense. They were all pumped up, going off on how horrible it is.

I was thinking while watching it that when it's available I've gotta find the clip and post it if no one else does.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Nov 18, 2013 at 4:21 PM ]

What was said exactly?

Lol yea this isnt your run of the mill unfair unnecessary roughness penalty. It has struck a nerve.

Originally posted by mug0mug:

What was said exactly?

Yea, that was pretty intense. They were all pumped up, going off on how horrible it is.

I was thinking while watching it that when it's available I've gotta find the clip and post it if no one else does.

Please post if you can. I came to work late because i was soo drunk and upset after alst night's game. i ahve to stay late now.

If that were a playoff game that call would have risen to the level if the "What the Tuck" rule debacle.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 18, 2013 at 4:23 PM ]
Maybe under the letter of the law (rule) it was a penalty, but if so the rule is stupid...i understand imposing a penalty that is a deterrent to future hits on the qb but calling a penalty serves a s no deterrent because brooks was just trying to get the qb down, not go for his head
Please post if you can. I came to work late because i was soo drunk and upset after alst night's game. i ahve to stay late now.

If that were a playoff game that call would have risen to the level if the "What the Tuck" rule debacle.

Funny you mentioned the tuck rule. He said it was the worst call SINCE the tuck rule.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
@ESPNMondayNight: Ray Lewis just said on Monday Night Countdown that if the NFL fines Ahmad Brooks, he will pay half of the fine!"
Originally posted by hofer36:
Maybe under the letter of the law (rule) it was a penalty, but if so the rule is stupid...i understand imposing a penalty that is a deterrent to future hits on the qb but calling a penalty serves a s no deterrent because brooks was just trying to get the qb down, not go for his head

the real issue here is the inability to challenge plays like this. they're gonna f**k up calls siding with caution, thats going to happen, sometimes your team will benefit from it and others they wont. we got sniped yesterday and are sensitive to it today.
Share 49ersWebzone