LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Defensive Coordinators Must Laugh At Us

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
i like how you guys jump off the wagon whenever something bad happens to us. let's wait until we get our receiving core back before we make any harse judgements about our team.

You don't think other teams are dealing with injuries? s**t happens all the time, that's no excuse to roll over and regress as badly as we have. Other teams are dealing with injuries and have less talent than us and yet they're getting more production. Inexcusable.

We knew we would be without Crabtree and Manningham a big chunk of the season MONTHS before the season even began and we sat on our hands; didn't do a damn thing to bring in help and the coaches/coordinators haven't appeared to adjust from the loss. If we're putting all our hopes on two receivers coming off tragic injuries to come in and bail us out because Roman has no idea how to utilize the rest of the talent around him to be successful, that's beyond pathetic.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
The word that keeps shouting in my mind is "STUBBORN"

Nolan and Sing were so stubborn in their approaches that even children knew what play was coming.

JH is an excellent coach and I hope he loses the Stubbornness or he'll be just another ex49ers coach.

Adapt or Die.

What really bothers me is a wealth of offensive knowledge available in the "vault" and having a resource like Jerry Rice to work w/the second rate performance of our WR.

Really? That's where your going to go? Already with the change or he will be fired... 30 wins in 2 and 1/2 years as 49ers head coach.
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM ]
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Originally posted by 4t9ers:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
What if this has been Roman and Harbaugh's super secret plan all along? What if they have purposely only called rudimentary passing plays so that teams have no film on our real passing game? And they are planning to pull out the greatest passing offense ever seen just in time for the playoff run? Teams will not know what hit them. They will have no way to prepare for this super secret powerful juggernaut passing offense were hiding up our sleeve. f**king brilliant. They don't call Greg Roman the Fat mad scientist for nothing..

We good guys, we good.

Lol. You think the super secret plan was/is to be 4 games behind SEA and tied with ARI?!

This has been a BOGUS theme in the Harbaugh era - Roman and Harbaugh are hiding something for later. How many seasons do we have to go before people realize Later never comes. I think they must be hiding their genius offense for after they get fired and will reveal it with the next team - that must be their plan - LOL

LOL, you guys realize I was kidding right?
There definitely is a possibility though we haven't revealed some things from our offense, partly to simplify things for Kap and to have plays later on that haven't been seen on film.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

Nolan and Sing were so stubborn in their approaches that even children knew what play was coming.

JH is an excellent coach and I hope he loses the Stubbornness or he'll be just another ex49ers coach.

Adapt or Die.

What really bothers me is a wealth of offensive knowledge available in the "vault" and having a resource like Jerry Rice to work w/the second rate performance of our WR.

Really? That's where your going to go? Already with the change or he will be fired... 30 wins in 2 and 1/2 years as 49ers head coach.
that was then, this is now. are you saying we are supposed to set back and enjoy the offense as it was last sunday and as it has been in games vs good teams just because we have had success in the last two years? Jh will not get fired even if we fail to win a game for the rest of the year however if we continue to struggle on offense vs good teams he needs to make big changes internally . if he refuses then he deserves to get the ax... Oh and bringing in x niners like jerry rice is not the answer. great players do not make great coaches. he expects all wide outs to play and focus the way he did. he would get fed up with things after two days in my opinion
Agree with this post and have hoped the passing game would open up as CK and the receivers became fluid. But, things happen!

1) Crabtree out.
2) KW out/ineffective
3) Patton out
4) VD out
5) McDonald out/rookie drops
6) Manningham out
7) RBs ineffective/not used
8) OLine doing...better
9) CK learning curve seems to have taken a dip
10) Play calling is as good as playbook allows...ugh!(?)
Originally posted by Jcool:

Adapt or Die.

Don't forget, 2 playoff appearances, 2 NFC Championship appearances, 2 NFC WEST titles, 1 NFC Championship title, and 1 SB appearance in 2 years, yes 2 freaking years. Harbs aint going anywhere. Stop the panic please!!
Originally posted by cciowa:
that was then, this is now. are you saying we are supposed to set back and enjoy the offense as it was last sunday and as it has been in games vs good teams just because we have had success in the last two years? Jh will not get fired even if we fail to win a game for the rest of the year however if we continue to struggle on offense vs good teams he needs to make big changes internally . if he refuses then he deserves to get the ax... Oh and bringing in x niners like jerry rice is not the answer. great players do not make great coaches. he expects all wide outs to play and focus the way he did. he would get fed up with things after two days in my opinion

Dude, stop panicking man. Every post I see from you seems like the sky is falling and the red panic button had already been pushed. Relax!! We'll beat the 'Aints today.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Dude, stop panicking man. Every post I see from you seems like the sky is falling and the red panic button had already been pushed. Relax!! We'll beat the 'Aints today.

LOL!

I wish I shared your optimism . Smh.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Most fans really stop need this week to week stuff. One bad offensive week doesn't mean the end of the Harbaugh era. Kap is struggling and its compounded by the fact he looked so good last year. He is a young QB still learning and his best offensive weapon (Crabs) has been out all year and his most physically gifted (Davis) has had some injury issues. Its hard when your still learning to be without your best weapons. If you want to question the offense you have a 6 month off season to do it, when you will actually have a full season to review.

Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

LOL!

I wish I shared your optimism . Smh.

Book'um Danno!!
4lyphe, don't look now but the sky has fallen. We are one loss away from missing the playoffs with as much talent or more than any other team out there. We have a terrific turn around HC, who saved our bacon and removed us from the dustbin of bad teams. Jim Harbaugh saved our franchise.

Fast forward to this year...unfortunately we have a hardhead OC not worth a pot to pizz in, and our HC, also a hardhead, either doesn't see the destruction roman has caused or he doesn't want to see it. This is an ugly situation where we have a loser OC and a HC who obviously doesn't want to cut him loose. When we flame out of the playoffs...or don't even get in, Coach H will THEN have to look at why. Right now he won't or can't even consider it..maybe it is a friendship thing, but soon, JH is going to be faced with the fact a talent laden team lost to all elite teams, save one, GB. But after that it has been all downhill. Oh, and the GB loss...was entirely on the coaching staff at GB, as they somehow failed to learn how to stop the R/O and pistol. Not now, maybe but first game of season , yes. So we are faced with the prospect of JH not canning roman and we shoot ourselves in the foot and miss the playoffs. LYPHE, if you don't consider that the "sky is falling", I would love to hear your definition.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Originally posted by 4t9ers:
What if this has been Roman and Harbaugh's super secret plan all along? What if they have purposely only called rudimentary passing plays so that teams have no film on our real passing game? And they are planning to pull out the greatest passing offense ever seen just in time for the playoff run? Teams will not know what hit them. They will have no way to prepare for this super secret powerful juggernaut passing offense were hiding up our sleeve. f**king brilliant. They don't call Greg Roman the Fat mad scientist for nothing..

We good guys, we good.

Lol. You think the super secret plan was/is to be 4 games behind SEA and tied with ARI?!

This has been a BOGUS theme in the Harbaugh era - Roman and Harbaugh are hiding something for later. How many seasons do we have to go before people realize Later never comes. I think they must be hiding their genius offense for after they get fired and will reveal it with the next team - that must be their plan - LOL

LOL, you guys realize I was kidding right?

I thought your post may have had some sarcasm in it. The sad part is that there are some out here that really do believe this though. So I had to reply.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
4lyphe, don't look now but the sky has fallen. We are one loss away from missing the playoffs with as much talent or more than any other team out there. We have a terrific turn around HC, who saved our bacon and removed us from the dustbin of bad teams. Jim Harbaugh saved our franchise.

Fast forward to this year...unfortunately we have a hardhead OC not worth a pot to pizz in, and our HC, also a hardhead, either doesn't see the destruction roman has caused or he doesn't want to see it. This is an ugly situation where we have a loser OC and a HC who obviously doesn't want to cut him loose. When we flame out of the playoffs...or don't even get in, Coach H will THEN have to look at why. Right now he won't or can't even consider it..maybe it is a friendship thing, but soon, JH is going to be faced with the fact a talent laden team lost to all elite teams, save one, GB. But after that it has been all downhill. Oh, and the GB loss...was entirely on the coaching staff at GB, as they somehow failed to learn how to stop the R/O and pistol. Not now, maybe but first game of season , yes. So we are faced with the prospect of JH not canning roman and we shoot ourselves in the foot and miss the playoffs. LYPHE, if you don't consider that the "sky is falling", I would love to hear your definition.

Well, there are those fans who honestly believe the sky is falling. Wow.

I guess if you lose today, we can't make the playoffs. Crazy.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

My definition of "the sky is falling" like most of you in here thinks is: our season is over, there's absolutely no way we're going to the playoffs, we suck and back to the bottom feeders of the NFL, we are the worst team ever, we have nothing left in the tank, OMG the world is ending and aliens and zombies are taking over planet Earth because we suck again.
All I'm trying to say is, you guys need to stop panicking until we're really out of the playoff picture. Right now, there's a lot of football to play, even if we lose one more game we still can make the playoff with a 12-4 record, yah think? I think so. Y'all need to get off the red panic button because were making the playoffs. If you don't believe and have faith in this team, then I don't know what else to say. The sky has NOT fallen yet people. There IS light at the end of the tunnel.
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Nov 17, 2013 at 10:51 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone