LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

2013 - Week 10: Thoughts after rewatching the game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

lol.. 4th and goal? we'll get em next time :)
Honestly, I think that throughout the year we have shied away from 3rd and longs, and 4th and goals. Maybe our coaches just know that we're not as good as advertised
My problem with Kap is that he seems to be regressing (and showing the career stats don't show that). In fact, he barely looks like the same guy as last year. He just appears to be indecisive. And we can't just blame the WR's. Wilson and Luck seem to be able to throw to no-name receivers when their top receivers are out with injuries (along with Brady, Brees, etc). The difference is that they throw their receivers open, something Kap doesn't seem to do. They also seem to be more comfortable going to their 2nd, 3rd, even 4th choice than Kap does. In fact I am now questioning whether Kap is the right quarterback to lead the 49ers. Sigh.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Done with the excuses this year for this garbage ass passing game dude. Roman is a f**k tard idiot who doesnt know how to use his best player Gore and gives up on run down ONE f**kING POINT and the half absolutely no f**king excuse!!!!!!!! Kap keeps on making me hate him wasting timeouts( which we could have used on last drive) missing or hitting WRs who are open with bad passes making them have to adjust when it should be a easy pitch and catch. We need to blitz more on defense and done with making excused for Kap already.

Rivers, Wilson, Luck all move the ball with no TE threat like Davis. Their Wrs are just as bad or worse than ours and they dont have number one rushing attack to help them and yet they can move the ball thru the air with regular consistency. Roman needs to go now. Harbaugh needs to call his brother and take a page out of his book last year and switch OC now! Harbaugh also needs to get on Kaps ass about the passing game he is just as responsible as the Wrs are. Instead being swagged out on the sideline with your litte fitted hat kap why dont you sit your ass down and look at film and pictures!!!!

GOD DUDE no mood for BS today.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sdcindy:
My problem with Kap is that he seems to be regressing (and showing the career stats don't show that). In fact, he barely looks like the same guy as last year. He just appears to be indecisive. And we can't just blame the WR's. Wilson and Luck seem to be able to throw to no-name receivers when their top receivers are out with injuries (along with Brady, Brees, etc). The difference is that they throw their receivers open, something Kap doesn't seem to do. They also seem to be more comfortable going to their 2nd, 3rd, even 4th choice than Kap does. In fact I am now questioning whether Kap is the right quarterback to lead the 49ers. Sigh.

THANK GOD someone has the balls to say it. Sick of the we have no weapons excuse already guys. sdcindy thanks for opening eyes.

I think you over reacting when Crabtree went down with the injury it was going to be a problem in our passing game you can't replace a guy like that and when you lose Davis early in the game it sure was a factor the double coverage on Boldin we were in trouble but the play calling is a problem as well no designed screens, bootlegs to relief pressure was bad.

Relax.

Kap is was RAW as hell coming out of college. He was considered a project. He wasn't supposed to be ready to play yet.

Kaps number have dived for several reasons and his targets are a HUGE reason why. Not the only one, but a very big one. Kap will be fine. Every single game he plays he's learning. Every mistake teaches a lesson. Most QBs don't hit the scene the way Kap did last year. He is capable of being that guy. Its in there. He just needs to figure out what to do when he's not getting a lot of help. Go look at Tom Brady's number this year.

People like to dismiss it, but don't think the receivers aren't a he part of the problem.

You can't "throw open" every receiver. You especially can't expect that from a guy this early in his career. All the great QBs in the NFL had really bad games early on.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Relax.

Kap is was RAW as hell coming out of college. He was considered a project. He wasn't supposed to be ready to play yet.

Kaps number have dived for several reasons and his targets are a HUGE reason why. Not the only one, but a very big one. Kap will be fine. Every single game he plays he's learning. Every mistake teaches a lesson. Most QBs don't hit the scene the way Kap did last year. He is capable of being that guy. Its in there. He just needs to figure out what to do when he's not getting a lot of help. Go look at Tom Brady's number this year.

People like to dismiss it, but don't think the receivers aren't a he part of the problem.

You can't "throw open" every receiver. You especially can't expect that from a guy this early in his career. All the great QBs in the NFL had really bad games early on.

I disagree...they're not perfect...but they're not really part of the problem. Our core is as good as it has been since 2010. Yes VD being out hurt, but that would have hurt no matter what.

When Crabtree is back, we'll arguably have the best WR core in the NFL. If we can't have one of the best passing attacks at that point, it'll either be on Kaep or Roman...or both.

We'll see.
A lack of invention when we run out of options. Vernon gets hurt and we look flat. Even before that, there didn't seem to be any flare to the play calling. We know that the team can be dynamic, but there have been a few games now where we just stick to boring playcalling. If there's a decent pass rush, throw screens, do some draw plays, try more than one read option, go deep on play action, anything!

I felt as though the offensive game plan was to wait until the Carolina defense cracked so we could plough through them. They didn't crack and the longer the game went on, the more I kind of knew that it was over. It was just a matter of time until their field position favored them in kicking the three.

We need a hell of a lot more creativity next week.
Originally posted by Axl49:
Done with the excuses this year for this garbage ass passing game dude. Roman is a f**k tard idiot who doesnt know how to use his best player Gore and gives up on run down ONE f**kING POINT and the half absolutely no f**king excuse!!!!!!!! Kap keeps on making me hate him wasting timeouts( which we could have used on last drive) missing or hitting WRs who are open with bad passes making them have to adjust when it should be a easy pitch and catch. We need to blitz more on defense and done with making excused for Kap already.

Rivers, Wilson, Luck all move the ball with no TE threat like Davis. Their Wrs are just as bad or worse than ours and they dont have number one rushing attack to help them and yet they can move the ball thru the air with regular consistency. Roman needs to go now. Harbaugh needs to call his brother and take a page out of his book last year and switch OC now! Harbaugh also needs to get on Kaps ass about the passing game he is just as responsible as the Wrs are. Instead being swagged out on the sideline with your litte fitted hat kap why dont you sit your ass down and look at film and pictures!!!!

GOD DUDE no mood for BS today.

Sigh.

Yup. Kap just poses on the sideline. Doesn't try to get better. Never watches film. Total loser. Missing all 4 of your Super Bowl targets? No excuse. You suck because you can't single handedly win games.

All 3 of those teams have better receivers right now. All of them.

• Axl49
  • Veteran

Relax.

I dont think people are worried about "bad" games its that our offense passing the ball is an absolute JOKE. Kap needs to take some blame for that he is the QB plain and simple.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Relax.

I disagree...they're not perfect...but they're not really part of the problem. Our core is as good as it has been since 2010. Yes VD being out hurt, but that would have hurt no matter what.

When Crabtree is back, we'll arguably have the best WR core in the NFL. If we can't have one of the best passing attacks at that point, it'll either be on Kaep or Roman...or both.

We'll see.

the receivers are clearly a huge part of the problem along with kaep, oline, injuries, roman, the list goes on. and even when crabtree comes back we have no where near the best WR core in the NFL....
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Relax.

We'll see.

?

We are watching different games man. LOL.

Vernon is great.
Boldin is good when someone else can create space.

...and I'm out.

Where the hell is the rest of this great WR corps!?! Manningham might add something, but he's still working back. Crab may never be 100% this year and hasn't been on the field.

When Vernon is out, teams bracket Boldin. He can't beat double coverage. Nobody else is getting open. Nobody.

Relax.

I dont think people are worried about "bad" games its that our offense passing the ball is an absolute JOKE. Kap needs to take some blame for that he is the QB plain and simple.

Well of course he takes some of it...but certainly not ALL of it.

Relax.

Right. When has Kap said, this loss is on me guys? Being a leader means you have to accept responsibility, even when it is not all your fault.
Share 49ersWebzone