LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

No need to panic: 49ers will be fine

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
LOL, we have NO OFFENSE. Seattle is going to run away with the division, and Carolina will take the wildcard.

The good news, we should be good to compete again next year if Kap can figure out how to throw or we replace him with someone better.

Guess you haven't heard that there's 2 wild card spots?
if we would just run a regular offense we'd be fine.

if we didn't try to be so cute about everything we'd be fine.

if we just ran with power play action pass give multiple options on routes kap would be just fine.

jim greg and kap are failing the entire team.

i wonder if they realize they are the ones at fault... when you say you have to execute better you don't think there was a problem with the game plan.

and if you don't see in a game like this that running is key and vital and could mean the difference between field position and number of possessions then something is wrong on a fundamental level. we have been here before with 2 losses for the same reasons can anyone explain to me why there was a 3rd time to try it if the first 2 failed miserably?

even if he called a game like the packers game i could say ok it worked let's try it again but they're not even doing that
already wasted a super bowl appearance. now you're doing to waste a defense playing elite
you hold a team to 10 points scoring on 2 possessions the entire game, you should win.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:

Don't look now but the Cardinals are right on the 49ers heels.
We're one loss to a hot Saints team from playing exclusively for the 6 seed. Not quite time to start panicking but it's getting close to crunch time.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
We're one loss to a hot Saints team from playing exclusively for the 6 seed. Not quite time to start panicking but it's getting close to crunch time.

If this team doesn't fix the playcalling issues, none of that matters.
This game comes down to two things...

1) The decision to kick it from inside the 2 on 4 and inched was the biggest chicken crap call of the season. You go for it and either get the score (or get the first) or turn the ball over and force Car to drive the length of the field. Harbaugh showed no faith in his line nor Gore and gave Carolina exactly what they wanted which was to give up only 3 and keep it a two score game. Eric davis called it right when it happened.

2) This passing game is bad, whether it's the receivers or Kaep is one thing, but it goes from bad to down right disgusting when Vernon is hurt. He's by far the most important player on that side of the ball. His presence is something that is not replaceable.
Next Monday's Headline:

KAEP, GORE RUN WILD ON SAINTS

I'll be surprised if the Niners don't get back to their bread and butter. New Orleans run D is pretty bad
LOL, we have NO OFFENSE. Seattle is going to run away with the division, and Carolina will take the wildcard.

The good news, we should be good to compete again next year if Kap can figure out how to throw or we replace him with someone better.

Hey! Cap'n Obvious!
Next Monday's Headline:

KAEP, GORE RUN WILD ON SAINTS

I'll be surprised if the Niners don't get back to their bread and butter. New Orleans run D is pretty bad

bread and butter won't make the passing game better...it's a passing league....if there is no balance there is no shot at the SB ....quote me on this...they're doomed if they don't find passing offense
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Don't look now but the Cardinals are right on the 49ers heels.

even the cards have a better passing game...and they suck!

Thank you for that newsflash...now consider the 49ers, in the course of one horrid afternoon at the Stick, have gone from "still a chance to catch Seattle" to a boot-stomping at the hands of New Orleans away from being on the outside looking in at that #6 seed.
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
even the cards have a better passing game...and they suck!

Their passing offense is eons better than the 49ers right now, they actually can utilize slants and screens, throw to multiple receivers and that is with an immobile potato Palmer starting at QB and a dinged up Fitzgerald.
No need to dismiss this 49ers team. Look at the last 3 superbowl champions. All three stood where the 9ers stand right now or close and got the title. We are primed to get hot at the right time. Look at how the clear cut favorites got sent home early in the playoffs and the underdogs fought their way to the trophy when it mattered. The Seahawks in Seattle are no joke but not unbeatable either. I actually prefer we slip in quietly under the radar with a wild card berth. Not that I am jumping that far ahead or anything..... Would love to see us duke it out road warrior status in the playoffs and wouldn't it make for one hell of a story book ending to meet the Seahawks in Seattle for an NFC title bout? Would be the ultimate opportunity for revenge.

Getting way ahead of myself but I like where we are at right now. Go 9ers.
Sorry guy, but this optimistic post is seems more ignorance than positive. Our offensive play calling is the worse I've seen since hostler. Roman lost us the Super Bowl as well with the goal line wash of play calling
Not worried at all. These 49ers are stacked. The offense just played too relax and no fire. It happens, long season and especially coming off from the bye.
Share 49ersWebzone