LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

No need to panic: 49ers will be fine

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It falls on Harbaugh to scheme to put ALL his healthy players in a position to succeed. As a QB whisper, Harbaugh and Roman call most pass plays to the 2 receivers that Kaep is comfortable with: Davis and Bolden. That makes it easy for Ds to roll their coverages to remove those two receivers. For the passing game to be more effective, we would have to throw to all our receivers, including RBs to spread the defense out. The few times we did throw to Gore over the middle, we picked up 10+ yards a play. It was one of our most effective pass patterns against the Panthers. How many passes have we completed to our talented RBs this season?

Watch the Saints on Sunday. They do it.

Harbaugh is a very conservative coach. If they can avoid playing rookies, they do because rookies make mistakes. Take Vance McDonald. He has been used primarily as a blocker with a couple of balls thrown to him a game. Contrast that with Jimmie Graham who was a very active receiver as a rookie, and has come along as a blocker latter in his career. When Davis went down, the obvious thing to do was call more pass plays with McDonald as the primary receiver. But they only threw that one seam pass to McDonald in the second half. At Rice, McDonald was primarily used as a receiver, lining up all over the place. But the coaching staff has developed McDonald as a blocker. Even with Crabtree and Manningham out for the first 8 games. Remember, a TE is the QB's best friend. And with the last ranked passing attack, and a developing QB, throwing to 2 TEs (see Patriots) would give Kaep 2 best friends.

If you have a depleted receiving core, than you have to scheme to throw to your overabundance of talented RBs. Perhaps even placing a RB like James in a bunch formation and let him catch a pass in space on a drag route. But Harbaugh says LaMichael James is too good a player to be inactive and gives him special teams duty. LOL.

For me, a large part of the blame for our lack of a passing offense is on the coaching staff's conservative attitude, and lack of creativity.
If this is how people react after a loss, I'd hate to see them face actual adversity lol
It still comes down to getting hot in the playoffs. This team is getting healthy and really when you look at the big picture, we are lucky to be 6-3 considering the WR situation. Crabs is money to CK. With VD going out the passing game is nonexistent, as these guys come back it wont matter what seed we are or where we play. The Niners can beat anyone when healthy, end of story. I'm not freaking in any way. I will take 6-3 all day long over another 2004-2010 type season. In those years we were talking draft picks and celebrating big plays. Kaepernick will be fine, he can turn it around on Sunday.
And NO way does Harbaugh just send out the same package week to week. He is going to prepare for each team differently. Don't be surprised to see CK taking a lot more rushing yards and combining his efforts with Gore. We can still run block, Carolina has a unique defense that has been trouble for other teams, so I am leaving that game behind. If we go into NOLA and win playing Niner football it will bring back our mojo.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NJNiner7:
new here, but a long time lurker...glad to be here! there is a lot of "panic" going on around here. lets just remember j. harbaugh is one hell of a coach and he will get the ship right. last season many got on him for starting kap over smith, and last i checked that worked out pretty good for us. sure we've had struggles on O, IT HAPPENS. lets get a healthy crabs, davis, manningham, boldin, hunter, gore all out there as playmakers for kap to throw to before we start writing him off. have faith fellas we are far from done! and to say we will in no way be able to win the super bowl this year is just ridiculous. BEAT THE SAINTS!

we have lost three games to three good teams with winning records. the same things that got us beat in loss one got us beat in game two and the same things that got us beat in game two got us beat in game three. when the same things keep happening and are not fixed, that is all on the coaches, when you p***y out and do not try for it on fourth and goal from the one, that is all on your coaches going into a fetal position and telling your team they are not good enough to get one yard. no offense to the bathwater drinkers of JH but to give him and roman a pass on all this and blame it on injuries is so unrealistic
Is this CC guy the only one worth his salt? We niner fans are either blind, hate everything about our own team, or we are historians (5 rings) lol I swear people aren't watching the games, it's completely obvious to me that these coaches have super brain farts or the underestimate the teams they are playing. And you can't tell me Keap doesn't look look like a dear in headlights? Does anyone else notice he is looking one direction then takes off 3-5 seconds later? Somethings got to be done, I think Roman is the main reason for our failures this year, and when is Harbs going to veto his lame calls!

Sorry for the rant.
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Nov 12, 2013 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:
If this is how people react after a loss, I'd hate to see them face actual adversity lol

Seriously, we hit a shocking bump in the road for the first time in two years and everybody thinks it's over. -People underestimate this team, and it's a huge insult to the players. -I've seen teams barely get in with atrocious QBs, and come out winners... in fact we got beat by that 'team' in the f**king Superbowl.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Im more frustrated than worried. Frustrated that we've waited un-patiently for two weeks to watch the team come out flat. But not worried at all because I believe the team will bounce back and bounce back strong. This locker room is soo strong and full of great leaders that a loss won't break them but instead makes them stronger. Gooo Niners!!

I feel ya, all that waiting just to be disappointed...

Kaps reading his "negative" twitter comments and using it for motivation, again... another winning spree coming up
I'm sorry I just don't get the bolded, Reading blogs and fan comments just motivates me to slap my GF and then drink another beer.

lol, thanks for contributing
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I feel ya, all that waiting just to be disappointed...

Kaps reading his "negative" twitter comments and using it for motivation, again... another winning spree coming up

Kaep should have better things to do than read Twitter comments.

It's beyond me.. what's wrong with watching more film and going over things with Roman/Harbaugh to figure a way out of the funk they're in
the weakhawks are luckest 9-1 team in history

We only need to panic if it is discovered that the coaching staff, Kap and coordinators are listening to the ones in the zone dumping on them who think they have better ideas.

And intend to implement those people's pessimist anger panic coming off a bad high wonder game plan.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNS1310:
SF @ NO = NO
ARI @ Jax = ARI
Min @ SEA - SEA
which equals

Seattle 10-1
SF - 6-4
Azi - 6-4

I'm a little worried.

Seriously, it doesn't matter how you cut it, first of all the 9ers are not going to win NFC West and we are not going to beat Seattle in CLink, so you might as well just sit back, relax and see how it unfolds.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by GNS1310:
SF @ NO = NO
ARI @ Jax = ARI
Min @ SEA - SEA
which equals

Seattle 10-1
SF - 6-4
Azi - 6-4

I'm a little worried.

Seriously, it doesn't matter how you cut it, first of all the 9ers are not going to win NFC West and we are not going to beat Seattle in CLink, so you might as well just sit back, relax and see how it unfolds.

So, if we can't beat em in seaderrall, then basically it unfolds like this (on the couch rooting for another team in the SB)

There's no doubt that we aren't winning the division so, unless another teams takes them out in the playoffs before we have to face them, we better get healthy and figure out a way to beat them in their yard...
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
So, if we can't beat em in seaderrall, then basically it unfolds like this (on the couch rooting for another team in the SB)

There's no doubt that we aren't winning the division so, unless another teams takes them out in the playoffs before we have to face them, we better get healthy and figure out a way to beat them in their yard...

No, not rooting for another team. What I mean is there is no point to get stressed out anymore. Just sit back, relax and who knows there might be some pleasant surprises if we are lucky. But, if you want to be serious about it and look at the current situation, then no we are not going to go anywhere in the playoffs.

If the season ended today, no other team would play them or have a chance to take them out until after the wildcard round between the 9ers and Lions.

To beat the Seahawks is more than just getting healthy, we are just not good enough to beat them right now, be it on personnel as well as coaching.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
No, not rooting for another team. What I mean is there is no point to get stressed out anymore. Just sit back, relax and who knows there might be some pleasant surprises if we are lucky. But, if you want to be serious about it and look at the current situation, then no we are not going to go anywhere in the playoffs.

If the season ended today, no other team would play them or have a chance to take them out until after the wildcard round between the 9ers and Lions.

To beat the Seahawks is more than just getting healthy, we are just not good enough to beat them right now, be it on personnel as well as coaching.

what if roman goes on a diet
Share 49ersWebzone