LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

No need to panic: 49ers will be fine

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
people do not want to even go down the road you did in your first thought. that is because the possible answer is very very terrifying for this franchise and for the coaches who put their eggs into this basket

I do agree it can be a scary thought, but whether we like it or not, we will still have to deal with it soon or later. We have another season to go before Kap's contract is up. We can't just throw everything together at the 11th hour, there has to be a plan in place.

To be honest, I was Kap's biggest fan and even I have to take a step back to analyse what the real issues are behind our current passing game woes. I just find it too biased and unrealistic if I were to just lay the blame on the playcalls and the WRs alone.

Committing to a franchise QB is a huge deal. If we screw it up, it could easily sets us back for years.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Understanding our record against winning teams and how badly this team, especially the offense has looked in the 3 losses, panic isn't something that the 49ers nor their fans need to do after today's loss.

First it was a tough loss yes, but a one point loss in which the defense played very well, giving up just 2 scores for 10 total points. All this with Aldon playing just 11 snaps, Ray Mac missing the entire second half, Skuta missing some time and Reid going down with an injury. This IS one of the best defenses in the NFL and they will be there all season long. Reid will comeback, hopefully Ray Mac won't miss anymore time and Tank/Wright are coming.

Second: The run game is fine, Hunter's fumble was ugly but Gore looked good today for the most part. The passing game was terrible but let's look at the facts. The Panthers have one of the best front 7's in football, Kaep didn't get much time at all and hardly any room to run all game. Manningham was rusty in his first game back, sure he made a couple plays but he also dropped 2 balls. VD missed most of the game and outside of Gore, he's the most important player on this roster and Crabtree isn't back yet, he's going to make a HUGE difference. We still aren't at full strength offensively.

Lastly: The ball just didn't bounce our way today's boys. If Vance catches that deep ball, we get at least a FG and win this game. On that same drive that penalty on Boldin after Mario's catch killed us. We almost came up with a big fumble recovery on Carolina's last drive, we get that, we get way more time and much better field position to try and take the lead and ultimately win the game.

I'm betting the coaching staff learned their lesson on a couple of mishaps on ST's. One, I'd be willing to place money that Osgood won't be inactive anymore this year, we missed him on our coverage units. LMJ did a good job with the PR duties, Dixon made an idiotic decision to take it out of the EZ and looked a little slow, I'm also betting LMJ is back on KR duties next week.

Last season the team couldn't win more than 2 games in a row and we thought that was going to doom us. Come playoff time we came back against 2 good teams and went to the Super Bowl and within 5 yards of winning our 6th trophy. Do we have problems? Sure, every team does. Are we perfect? No, but we have 7 games left boys. The re-reinforcements Aldon, Mario, Wright, Tank just got here, Moody is on his way and after him Crabs will be back. I still believe we haven't played our best football yet, especially on offense. The NFL season is a long marathon, not a 40 yard dash. We're 2.5 games behind Seattle, we win week 12 that makes up the 1/2 game, we beat them at home that's another game, I refuse to believe Seattle won't lose one or two other games this season. We can still win this division and we are a Superbowl contender with one of the best rosters in football that is still not a full strength.

Have faith 49er fans!
No need to read all the pages in between. The loss sucks! And if we lose again in the future, it will suck again! The ball just didn't bounce our way yesterday is a good way to put it... Hunters fumble, the Oline was way off, Kaep was running around like a headless chicken, Carolina's fumble's didn't go to us, etc...

I was being hopeful about the division but always thought we had a tough road to win it and Seattle has only 2 hard games left. Wild card teams and teams that are hot towards the end of the year have been the Superbowl champs lately. We are fighting Carolina, chicago and green bay for a wild card spot.

Mario coming back already had 3 receptions on 6 targets. Kyle williams has 12 rec on the year and vance has 6 rec. We need to have VD with Boldin and Mario together. That seems to have always been the plan... To wait it out and get healthy for the playoffs. It is scary though how bad our offense is if VD goes down. Seattle last year, Seattle this year and Indy and now the Carolina game.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Understanding our record against winning teams and how badly this team, especially the offense has looked in the 3 losses, panic isn't something that the 49ers nor their fans need to do after today's loss.

First it was a tough loss yes, but a one point loss in which the defense played very well, giving up just 2 scores for 10 total points. All this with Aldon playing just 11 snaps, Ray Mac missing the entire second half, Skuta missing some time and Reid going down with an injury. This IS one of the best defenses in the NFL and they will be there all season long. Reid will comeback, hopefully Ray Mac won't miss anymore time and Tank/Wright are coming.

Second: The run game is fine, Hunter's fumble was ugly but Gore looked good today for the most part. The passing game was terrible but let's look at the facts. The Panthers have one of the best front 7's in football, Kaep didn't get much time at all and hardly any room to run all game. Manningham was rusty in his first game back, sure he made a couple plays but he also dropped 2 balls. VD missed most of the game and outside of Gore, he's the most important player on this roster and Crabtree isn't back yet, he's going to make a HUGE difference. We still aren't at full strength offensively.

Lastly: The ball just didn't bounce our way today's boys. If Vance catches that deep ball, we get at least a FG and win this game. On that same drive that penalty on Boldin after Mario's catch killed us. We almost came up with a big fumble recovery on Carolina's last drive, we get that, we get way more time and much better field position to try and take the lead and ultimately win the game.

I'm betting the coaching staff learned their lesson on a couple of mishaps on ST's. One, I'd be willing to place money that Osgood won't be inactive anymore this year, we missed him on our coverage units. LMJ did a good job with the PR duties, Dixon made an idiotic decision to take it out of the EZ and looked a little slow, I'm also betting LMJ is back on KR duties next week.

Last season the team couldn't win more than 2 games in a row and we thought that was going to doom us. Come playoff time we came back against 2 good teams and went to the Super Bowl and within 5 yards of winning our 6th trophy. Do we have problems? Sure, every team does. Are we perfect? No, but we have 7 games left boys. The re-reinforcements Aldon, Mario, Wright, Tank just got here, Moody is on his way and after him Crabs will be back. I still believe we haven't played our best football yet, especially on offense. The NFL season is a long marathon, not a 40 yard dash. We're 2.5 games behind Seattle, we win week 12 that makes up the 1/2 game, we beat them at home that's another game, I refuse to believe Seattle won't lose one or two other games this season. We can still win this division and we are a Superbowl contender with one of the best rosters in football that is still not a full strength.

Have faith 49er fans!
No need to read all the pages in between. The loss sucks! And if we lose again in the future, it will suck again! The ball just didn't bounce our way yesterday is a good way to put it... Hunters fumble, the Oline was way off, Kaep was running around like a headless chicken, Carolina's fumble's didn't go to us, etc...

I was being hopeful about the division but always thought we had a tough road to win it and Seattle has only 2 hard games left. Wild card teams and teams that are hot towards the end of the year have been the Superbowl champs lately. We are fighting Carolina, chicago and green bay for a wild card spot.

Mario coming back already had 3 receptions on 6 targets. Kyle williams has 12 rec on the year and vance has 6 rec. We need to have VD with Boldin and Mario together. That seems to have always been the plan... To wait it out and get healthy for the playoffs. It is scary though how bad our offense is if VD goes down. Seattle last year, Seattle this year and Indy and now the Carolina game.

Glad someone agrees with my positivity lol. Love every1 here at the zone but man it seems like if we don't win it's the end of everything for the majority of the board. Even sometimes when we do, if we don't win by a bunch of points with everything going right it's still end of world.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
This. Going to New Orleans is a nightmare right now, and this team just got dominated (forget the scoreboard) at home by the team they will be competing with for a wildcard spot.

Seriously, no one is going to lay down for us.I think every week is a win or die mentality.I am glad it is not too easy or the team would get complacent.

Have faith 49er fans!

Did you hear about the British PM just before WW !! who said, "What Nazi's? There's nothing to worry about!"? Sorry, but there's plenty cause for concern, and they need addressing. I love our team, but you can't ignore facts, bro. Can we right this ship and make the playoffs? Probably, but at this rate, as a wildcard. But we need an offense, better play calling, and for Kap to get back to being Kap. Simple, right?
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We have zero offense at all. We are due for more losses and playoffs is seriously in question.

This. Going to New Orleans is a nightmare right now, and this team just got dominated (forget the scoreboard) at home by the team they will be competing with for a wildcard spot.

Playoffs is not "seriously in question". We have winnable games against Tampa, St. Louis, Arizona, Atlanta, and Washington. If we go 10-6 or 11-5 we will make the playoffs because: (a) GB is likely going to play itself out of contention in the next few weeks without Rogers; (b) Chicago will not run the table; and (c) only one team from the NFC East will finish better than 9-7.

But getting to the playoffs and actually doing something once we're there are two different things and I do not have any confidence in this offense right now. Kaepernick looked extremely pedestrian yesterday, the O-Line got dominated ... Each of our three losses can be pinned on the offense. Maybe Crabtree's return and a little practice time will help, but the fact is that we just came off the bye week as healthy as we've been all season at home ... and our offense looked like the worst offense in the NFL.
We'll be fine?!!?! LOLOLOLOLOL!

We have NO offense!

We have an idiot OC who is completely incapable of designing a competent NFL level passing attack to save his life!!! All of his creativity is in the running game and he abandons that at times even when it's working!

Boldin is the only WR on the field right now and our only legitimate deep threat is concussed. Man, that Josh Gordon trade sure would look good right about now but who the hell am I kidding, this team wouldn't know how the f**k to use WRs if it hit them in the face.

Pass blocking is obviously not this o-line's thing.

Kap, I love the kid, but he looks awful right now and I'm really questioning what the hell he was doing over the offseason because it certainly wasn't improving his game. I'm not jumping off his bandwagon just yet because this entire offense (outside Gore and probably Boone) is as ugly as it can get, it's not just him. But his growth and development somehow took a dive during the offseason. I still think he's our guy but I have concerns.

Props to Fangio and his defense - they're carrying this entire team on their backs while this dumpster fire offense stinks up the field and constantly s**ts the bed when faced with real competition.

Hate to say it, but I think we're extremely lucky we're 6-3. I can't imagine what our record would look like if we didn't have that cream puff 1st half schedule and actually competed against more strong legit playoff defenses.

If we don't get it together or make it far the playoffs (and even playoffs look questionable the way this offense looks), Harbaugh needs to set his blind loyalties aside and do what's best for the team moving forward. Roman, Chryst, and Morton all need to be gone by the end of the year. Done with each and every one of them. DONE.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Nov 11, 2013 at 11:48 AM ]
the problem is once you become a good solid team, the expectation is to win it all. i'd feel great if we were in carolinas spot, coming up as a suprise. as a contender, 6-3 is just not acceptable, we arent in a division where you can win it with 11 wins this year. i'd venture to say being 9 games deep and essentially handing seattle the division and giving them home games in the playoffs, we have every reason to panic or be severely concerned.
even if seattle wins the division and we finish with a wildcard spot, its not the end of the world. get the top wild card spot and play the winner of the whack ass nfc east. itll be like having playoff bye anyway
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
even if seattle wins the division and we finish with a wildcard spot, its not the end of the world. get the top wild card spot and play the winner of the whack ass nfc east. itll be like having playoff bye anyway

We cant win against anybody with a decent record. Unless we are playing Jax...nothing will be easy.

1st off you're talking about a road playoff game and secondly we just lost the tie breaker to carolina. i dont think the 5 seed is a sure thing by any means.
Agreed. Playoffs in general are seriously in jeopardy now. The way the 49ers offense is playing they'll likely lose 3 more games putting us at 10-6. I don't think that's going to get it done in the NFC. If the 49ers lose any game outside of NO and Seattle its game over IMO.
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Nov 11, 2013 at 2:04 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Your original point was that 49ers have been lucky because they only lost Ian Williams, then you tried to downplay the loss of Culliver like it wasn't s**t, forget that he was their top rated CB last season who would be a full starter this season.

The loss of Crabtree was bad, the loss of Culliver was bad, I don't see much upside in the way of injuries for this team, Patton has lost out on pretty much his entire rookie season, McDonald has been hobbled with injuries that have reduced his performance, likewise so has Iupati, those guys aren't "out", but their performance has dropped off big time. Dorsey has been out at times, VD, Reid, Willis....this has been a disastrous season for injuries, anyway you slice it.

No my original point was(Besides Ian Williams) we didn't suffer a long term injury to any of our starters during this season. This wouldn't be so hard for you comprehend if you would stop putting words in my mouth.

If I was talking about injuries that happened in OTA's and training camp I would've included Crabtree and Culliver. Talking strictly about regular season injuries does not mean I'm downplaying Culliver's loss. Ridiculous notion. Though I doubt you'll find many complaints about how well Brock has played as our third corner.
[ Edited by Hopper on Nov 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

1st off you're talking about a road playoff game and secondly we just lost the tie breaker to carolina. i dont think the 5 seed is a sure thing by any means.

Carolina doesn't exactly have a cakewalk of a schedule left. I think SF is still in the driver's seat. NFC North is racked with injury at the QB spot so they're likely to miss out on a wildcard spot and the NFC East is a joke. Wild cards will likely go to NFC West and NFC South but with the Cardinals playing JAX this week, SF absolutely has to make a statement in NO this coming weekend.
Originally posted by ECLaloosh:
Carolina doesn't exactly have a cakewalk of a schedule left. I think SF is still in the driver's seat. NFC North is racked with injury at the QB spot so they're likely to miss out on a wildcard spot and the NFC East is a joke. Wild cards will likely go to NFC West and NFC South but with the Cardinals playing JAX this week, SF absolutely has to make a statement in NO this coming weekend.

Oh they're going to make a statement alright. A statement that every playoff caliber team has a statement game against us. Seattle has had two statement games in a row. Colts had a "makings of a dynasty" game against us and now Carolina had "we're relevant now" statement game against us. Seeing how NO is a playoff caliber team, I suspect the statements will continue.
Share 49ersWebzone