There are 148 users in the forums

What is the real problem with this offensive offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the real problem with this offensive offense?

Originally posted by ninerfreak:
WR is a priority in offseason in draft and free agency crowd it with talent to pressure everyone....actual route running players that can create separation...till then Seahawks own this division...their Wideouts are coming along just fine with a midget QB

I have no confidence in the playcalling to properly utilize more WR's. Just more decoys to run around and block downfield. I think this team needs to start a new OC, then go and get him some new toys to play with.
I would love for this to be true, but I've been teased with this every offseason thus far

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Who-are-the-next-NFL-head-coaching-candidates.html
Greg Roman – San Francisco Offensive Coordinator Roman has coached in the NFL for 15 years, has been highly successful, and is very well respected by his peers. The 49ers' offense is among the top in the NFL, and Roman has done a tremendous job developing quarterback Colin Kaepernick. He will be on a number of owners' short lists.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by LanceQ:
I bet Alex is laughing at us right about now.

He may have the last laugh indeed. It's sure looking like it right now.

Fools gold. Alex Smith is fools gold. He hasn't throw for a TD in like 4 or 5 straight games.
Originally posted by Disp:
Kaepernick's inability to win close games? You should've just stopped with "Kaepernick", because that's the root of our problems. His accuracy and decision making is the problem.

get out of here...McDonald's drop and zero time to throw the ball had nothing to do with it right?
  • dj43
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

At a press conference Friday night, the 49ers formally introduced Jim Harbaugh as their new head coach alongside new general manager Trent Baalke. After the formalities were over, the San Francisco media asked Harbaugh what sort of offense he's bringing to the Bay Area. "We will install the West Coast offense in San Francisco, birthplace of the West Coast offense," he answered.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/07/harbaugh-we-will-install-the-west-coast-offense/

This b******t is not the WCO or even close.

To their credit, Harbaugh did tell the truth. He has installed the WCO. He never said his offense would be 100% WCO, he installed elements of it and nothing more.

Classic Harbaugh, answer with a half-truth.
I watched the Walsh offense for 15+ years and what Harbaugh is running is NOTHING like the Walsh (WCO) offense. NOTHING. I can't think of a single series of plays that look like WCO. To start, the WCO relied on multiple passing options with receivers and QB reading the defense and adjusting on the fly. In the Harbaugh offense there is only one Anointed Receiver and it all depends on the pre-snap read. Nowhere does that occur in the WCO.

Harbaugh answered with what people wanted to hear and with the assumption the fans had forgotten what the WCO really looked like. He was wrong.
  • dj43
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
WR is a priority in offseason in draft and free agency crowd it with talent to pressure everyone....actual route running players that can create separation...till then Seahawks own this division...their Wideouts are coming along just fine with a midget QB

I have no confidence in the playcalling to properly utilize more WR's. Just more decoys to run around and block downfield. I think this team needs to start a new OC, then go and get him some new toys to play with.

I agree that fresh blood is needed on the coaching staff but the HC is the one who decides what the offense will look like. I don't believe changing the OC without a philosophical change by Harbaugh will change anything.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Originally posted by Disp:
Kaepernick's inability to win close games? You should've just stopped with "Kaepernick", because that's the root of our problems. His accuracy and decision making is the problem.

get out of here...McDonald's drop and zero time to throw the ball had nothing to do with it right?

Receivers drop balls. It happens. Steve Smith dropped a clutch pass too.
49ers just took the Panthers defense for granted. Then coming off a bye, just too relax. Then lack fo recievers, bland play calling and little adjustment during halftime.
But, 49ers will be fine. It's a good wake-up call lost.
We've all seen what Kaep and these 49ers can do when they are playing with fire. I'm not worried at all.
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
49ers just took the Panthers defense for granted. Then coming off a bye, just too relax. Then lack fo recievers, bland play calling and little adjustment during halftime.

Eh...Seattle was supposed to be a wake up call. Indy was supposed to be a wake up call. How many wake up calls do we need? We in a coma or something?

QB
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by sfout:

At a press conference Friday night, the 49ers formally introduced Jim Harbaugh as their new head coach alongside new general manager Trent Baalke. After the formalities were over, the San Francisco media asked Harbaugh what sort of offense he's bringing to the Bay Area. "We will install the West Coast offense in San Francisco, birthplace of the West Coast offense," he answered.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/07/harbaugh-we-will-install-the-west-coast-offense/

This b******t is not the WCO or even close.

To their credit, Harbaugh did tell the truth. He has installed the WCO. He never said his offense would be 100% WCO, he installed elements of it and nothing more.

Classic Harbaugh, answer with a half-truth.
I watched the Walsh offense for 15+ years and what Harbaugh is running is NOTHING like the Walsh (WCO) offense. NOTHING. I can't think of a single series of plays that look like WCO. To start, the WCO relied on multiple passing options with receivers and QB reading the defense and adjusting on the fly. In the Harbaugh offense there is only one Anointed Receiver and it all depends on the pre-snap read. Nowhere does that occur in the WCO.

Harbaugh answered with what people wanted to hear and with the assumption the fans had forgotten what the WCO really looked like. He was wrong.

I'd really like to know the reasoning behind this one read offense. Do the coaches truly believe this can be successful at the NFL level or is it a bigger problem, say Kaepernick's limitations. The offense Roman ran before more closely resembled a WCO than this. Alex went through progressions and eventually checked down. If this is a problem with Kaepernick's abilities, a change needs to be made. The offense simply can't function at this level.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Eh...Seattle was supposed to be a wake up call. Indy was supposed to be a wake up call. How many wake up calls do we need? We in a coma or something?

ask the guy who has 2 options. go with the winning play calling or go with the losing play calling and for the 3rd time has went with the losing play calling.

there's literally like 1 folder that says win and 1 that says lose and he says "well i think i can turn this lose into a win this week let's give it a shot"
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:

49ers can't win every damn game. Be realistic!!!
Explain how Cleveland beats Steelers and Ravens, then Ravens beat Bengals. Then Rams beats colts. Hmmm
Share 49ersWebzone