There are 193 users in the forums

What is the real problem with this offensive offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the real problem with this offensive offense?

Everyone saying that Alex is having the last laugh....needs to stop....Put Kap on the Chiefs and they still would be undefeated (they have had a soft schedule)...and put Smith on the niners and we would still be 6-3(or worst I don't think Smith puts up 400yds on the Pack)...
I remember when our offense was offensive to the 49ers opponents. Now every team out there that is even a borderline contender is licking their chops to face this offense because if they win its a "statement" game even though our offense is completely pathetic. I'm tired of the 49ers being every team's measuring stick for their season. They're simply just not good enough. On the bright side I hope all these teams continue to believe in the false hope they get from beating us because let face it. Beating this 49ers team right now is NOT hard if you have a competent defense.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Pass blocking the is the worst part of this team.

Niners need to implement more slants, because Kap only has .5 seconds before he has rushers in his face. Pathethic

The best part of the passblocking is watching Keap turn his back to the line of scrimmage, fake the hand off, turn around and see pressure up the middle and Goodwin waving at him.

Goodwin NEEDS to go. That was happening all game. When Goodwin actually stayed with a block (used "stayed" liberally) Davis would let an outside rusher blow right past him.

The line is a serious Pass Blocking dumpster fire.

They were atrocious, but in my opinion, it all points right back to Greg Roman. When your OL is getting lit up the way they usually are in must-pass situations, why the f*** do you keep calling 5-7 step drops and hoping that something will change?!

We have all been saying it over and over. Where are the slants? Where are the receivers breaking off their routes to help the QB under duress? Where are the screen plays? These are all very simple plays that build confidence in the QB, OL, and receivers. Instead, our "genius" OC continues to call plays that put them in a position of weakness and by the middle of the third quarter the entire offense is hanging their heads because they have zero confidence that they can beat the defense.

Several times yesterday I saw offensive players hanging their heads and looking completely confused and defeated like the bully just stole their lunch money. Implementing those quick-hitting plays is the easiest way to at least be able to put up a fight against the stout defenses. You may not win them all, but you would not be 0-3 against teams that play the same aggressive style of defense that the Niners are known for. It seems like it would be very very easy to practice considering our defense can replicate the others, and then some.

I saw that, I saw Anquan sitting on the bench on the sideline looking completely dejected and lost like if he was wondering what the fxxk was going on.

All I will say is this weekend's debacle somehow has hit home hard, all the fans are pis*ed and the media is all on the case hard especially Kap.
this loss was on the oline and our receivers dropping passes and not getting open. Kap did what he could with no help at all. we seriously need Crabtree back and jonathan goodwin should not be starting
Here's food for thought. If the 49ers had went the entire game yesterday without calling 1 single pass play, would they have finished with more yards than they did while trying to call a "balanced" game? Probably not but it really puts how bad the offense was yesterday into perspective.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Vance will learn from his mistakes. He was in a position to go up and get that ball instead of letting the ball drop into his hands. It was a great play but L.K. but MacDonald needed to come down with it.

Luke Kuechly is a Pro Bowl caliber player. Great players make great plays. Can't blame Vance too much for it.

It's the same thing that happens when a guy like Von Miller or Jared Allen beats a guy like Joe Staley for a sack. You can't get too mad at Joe when he's matched up all day against some of the best in the world.

Kuechly is damn good at what he does. And he made a great play.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Pass blocking the is the worst part of this team.

Niners need to implement more slants, because Kap only has .5 seconds before he has rushers in his face. Pathethic

The best part of the passblocking is watching Keap turn his back to the line of scrimmage, fake the hand off, turn around and see pressure up the middle and Goodwin waving at him.

Goodwin NEEDS to go. That was happening all game. When Goodwin actually stayed with a block (used "stayed" liberally) Davis would let an outside rusher blow right past him.

The line is a serious Pass Blocking dumpster fire.

They were atrocious, but in my opinion, it all points right back to Greg Roman. When your OL is getting lit up the way they usually are in must-pass situations, why the f*** do you keep calling 5-7 step drops and hoping that something will change?!

We have all been saying it over and over. Where are the slants? Where are the receivers breaking off their routes to help the QB under duress? Where are the screen plays? These are all very simple plays that build confidence in the QB, OL, and receivers. Instead, our "genius" OC continues to call plays that put them in a position of weakness and by the middle of the third quarter the entire offense is hanging their heads because they have zero confidence that they can beat the defense.

Several times yesterday I saw offensive players hanging their heads and looking completely confused and defeated like the bully just stole their lunch money. Implementing those quick-hitting plays is the easiest way to at least be able to put up a fight against the stout defenses. You may not win them all, but you would not be 0-3 against teams that play the same aggressive style of defense that the Niners are known for. It seems like it would be very very easy to practice considering our defense can replicate the others, and then some.

I saw that, I saw Anquan sitting on the bench on the sideline looking completely dejected and lost like if he was wondering what the fxxk was going on.

All I will say is this weekend's debacle somehow has hit home hard, all the fans are pis*ed and the media is all on the case hard especially Kap.

I don't think the sky is falling yet... but if they don't get their s**t together for New Orleans, then it's gonna get ugly.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Here's food for thought. If the 49ers had went the entire game yesterday without calling 1 single pass play, would they have finished with more yards than they did while trying to call a "balanced" game? Probably not but it really puts how bad the offense was yesterday into perspective.

how about continue to gash the #2 run defense in the nfl and getting into consistent field goal range because of it.
Here's another problem......other teams get it up for us; we apparently don't for them. And I'm speaking offense. Can't criticize our D. They're the reason we're not 3 and 6.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
how about continue to gash the #2 run defense in the nfl and getting into consistent field goal range because of it.

AMEN!!! Frank was so patient in picking them apart. Then Roman goes and gives him what, 4 carries in the second half?

Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Here's another problem......other teams get it up for us; we apparently don't for them. And I'm speaking offense. Can't criticize our D. They're the reason we're not 3 and 6.

Yup. Every game against us is used as some sort of measuring stick for all these new contenders. How about beat Seattle, or New Orleans. SF is hardly the team to beat nor have they been at any time this season.
What does "Kaepernick's inability to win close games" have to do with this Poll about "What is the real problem with this offensive offense?"

when have 3 loses...and only one of them was a close game.

it seems that those who voted for that option, only did so because they saw Kaep's name..lol.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Yup. Every game against us is used as some sort of measuring stick for all these new contenders. How about beat Seattle, or New Orleans. SF is hardly the team to beat nor have they been at any time this season.

we are the team to beat because of what we can do.

the coaching staff on the offensive side has let us down totally.

we could and should easily be 8-1 instead of 6-3

just off of running the ball.

the passing game isn't dynamic because the coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball lack passing creativity. they also lack red zone creativity and what a surprise
since they walked into the building we have been in the bottom of passing and red zone production through 2 qb's and numerous wr's

its time to stop blaming players totally when the common factor is the coaches.

we didn't go from 1st or even top 10 in passing to last...

same with red zone production

they just CANNOT do it, it seems
The number one problem on offense is that they do not use their most talented offensive personnel effectively. As a group, our RBs are more talented than our TEs and our WRs. But we do not use them the right way or, in the case of James, at all.

1. Use James. He is probably the best of our RBs out of the pistol set. He ran out of that set in college and has a feel for the timing. He is also our best RB at getting wide and stretching the field from sideline to sideline.

2. Use more two back sets. All three of our RBs can catch the ball.

3. Call more swings, screens, drags, and slants. Our passing attack emphasizes vertical and sideline routes. Attack the middle of the field with slants and drags, have more check down options for our young QB.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
I've never heard of a passing offense in the NFL where you only give your QB one read?

Sooo This.
I was thinking the same exact thing when I was reading some of these posts. If you're only given one read then we have a high school offense.
Witch is what we have LOL
Share 49ersWebzone