LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 413 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ATLANTA FALCONS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 16)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Worth a try....

@JedYork Slim chances of a playoff game at home, how about we paint the endzones red for the final game at the Stick on MNF?
Why, again, didn't we want to build a new stadium in the same spot?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by mayo49:
No, if we tie with CAR, they win the tie breaker on head to head with us.

it doesn't matter what happens with CAR & N.O.

if we win out we are guaranteed the #5 seed bro

You're right. Bad info on my part.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
No, if we tie with CAR, they win the tie breaker on head to head with us.

it doesn't matter what happens with CAR & N.O.

if we win out we are guaranteed the #5 seed bro

You're right. Bad info on my part.

Gotta take care of business with Atlanta and then put on our big boy hat on a trip to the desert.
I was thinking that the Team might suffer a let down against ATL next week after the emotional win against Seattle and the focus against TB, but I think that they are completely into post-season mode now and know that every game must be won from here on out.

(plus I think ATL will be focusing on tee times in a few weeks).
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Worth a try....

@JedYork Slim chances of a playoff game at home, how about we paint the endzones red for the final game at the Stick on MNF?

This is exactly what I was thinking. Any update?
I am loving the way our Defense is playing. We are not giving up many points at all and every yard is tough to come by as well. holding teams to under 200 yards total offence and under 20 pts SHOULD equal a 49ers win everytime.

I still want less FGs and more TDs. we have the weapons on offense where we should be a top team in the red zone yet we are not. Playoffs you need TDs when you get into redzone. I hope we get our offense rolling!
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

City council iirc
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

City council iirc

This. I think up to date traffic studies basically said "No f**king way" and the city council just rolled with it.
Playing at home I give the 49ers the edge. They should be able to force a couple of mistakes out of Ryan. Definitely got to pick up the offensive game though. Way too many poorly designed running as well as passing plays.
[ Edited by NineCoronas on Dec 16, 2013 at 8:36 AM ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I think we have to seriously think about making a change at OC next year. Some of these play calls are out of left field. I think we need a different guy in there or let Harbaugh call the plays.
I think we have to seriously think about making a change at OC next year. Some of these play calls are out of left field. I think we need a different guy in there or let Harbaugh call the plays.

Agreed. Whatever happened to scheming someone open through formation? That is a staple of the better offensive coordinators. Seems that we just line up and try to beat the man covering us. Is it because of Kaepernick's limitations? I can't believe that after all these years Roman all of the sudden became inept.
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Worth a try....

If this was a win or get eliminated from the playoffs scenario, I would be for it.

I have been a fan since the 80s...as I recall they(the city) have known they needed a stadium since the late 80s. W Brown talked about it endlessly in the late 80s and early 90s.

I follow more college ball then I do the NFL... I have watched Auburn keep Jordan Hare relevant over the last 20+ years( four overhauls and additions) and SF has done nothing to the stick.
THE final regular season game at Candlestick, LETS GO NINERS. Ending it in primetime fashion.
Share 49ersWebzone