There are 237 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ATLANTA FALCONS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 16)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
No, if we tie with CAR, they win the tie breaker on head to head with us.

If we win out we are the 5 seed unless SeAdderall loses out
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
regardless of what else happens, we clinch the 5th seed with two wins.

If we win two games, it would be impossible for either the saints or panthers to have the same record as us.
Originally posted by Niners99:

[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Dec 16, 2013 at 12:45 AM ]

it doesn't matter what happens with CAR & N.O.

if we win out we are guaranteed the #5 seed bro
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Last dance at the 'Stick...

Farewell.

I'm really not gonna miss the stick. it's always been a dump in a horrible location.

great memories though
if we win out and get the fifth spot and both wildcards keep winning we could host the nfc championship game because we'd be higher than the 6th seed. i think if the saints win their division and carolina is the 6th it could happen. the only teams capable of beating seattle at home are tough defensive teams like carolina and sf. we probably knockout the saints in the divisional round and hope carolina knocks out seattle and we get a home game in the playoffs. its a long shot but it could happen
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I'm really not gonna miss the stick. it's always been a dump in a horrible location.

great memories though

To me it's never been a dump, it's been my home for going to connect with new & old friends over 25 years of non stop going to every game. I like the running over pissers, especially if I have rain boots on, I like the old Niner sticker on the rear of the seat in front of mine that has been there longer than me.

I really like the location driving in on a clear morning for a game with the views of the bay over smooth water, the smell of the early fans already lighting up their Q', bros offering a shot to wake up with at 9am, in the lot in front of my groups pole E welcoming in all the people and families I've been partieing and sharing Niner talk over the years..

The memories, oh the memories, too many to highlight.

So you do not know WTF you are talking about.

A lot is lost in this move to the grey lands of silicon valley and into the soulless parking lots of great america and the cost of going to game up 150%+ with PC police everywhere enforcing thier opinion of what a "good football fan" should be. Maybe you didn't go to enough games at The Stick to actually become "one" truly with the Niner family..

f**k the Santa Clara "New Age SBL/PSL soulless stadium..That is all.. San Francisco 49ers Forever..NINERS!!
Lets not get into who is the better fan s**t. Farewell Candlestick. End.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by LVJay:
If Panthers beat Aints next week, we slide to 5th seed...

Still, if we end up the 5th seed would take us winning 2 games and Panthers winning 2 games to get an NFC CG home playoff game. Pretty unlikely that happens.

Us maybe but Panthers I don't know.... When was the last time a 5 and 6 were in a championship game? I went back to 1990 and 0 times from either side so thats 23 years... not going to waste time looking any further. If someone can find out when I'd love to hear as I have no idea. Not being a downer just being realistic but I'd love to be wrong and host the Panthers for a chance to go to the SB. I'd almost call it a lock we would win.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 16, 2013 at 5:14 AM ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Final game at candlestick against a former division foe.

On a side note, wtf happened to the falcons this year? They dropped off the table.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Final game at candlestick against a former division foe.

On a side note, wtf happened to the falcons this year? They dropped off the table.

Payton came back. That division belongs to NO
Anyone hear anymore about storming the feild or tearing down the goal posts circa 1981?
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
regardless of what else happens, we clinch the 5th seed with two wins.

If we win two games, it would be impossible for either the saints or panthers to have the same record as us.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/12/playoff-picture-49ers-have-inside-track-on-5th-seed-possible-candlestick-swan-song.html

YES ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS WIN OUT....
Share 49ersWebzone