LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ATLANTA FALCONS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 16)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We will be free rolling it by Monday night. No worries really.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I agree with your keys but our defense has been consistent all year every game outside of GB. We have suffocated much better offenses this season. I expect nothing less this week in a very emotional contest

Offensively the 49ers should destroy Atlanta. They have so many holes, so many weaknesses to attack, a quick passing game along with timely running will have them on their heels all game long. Really would love to see Patton get a chance to play, this would be the game to give him some snaps and let him make some plays, get going against a less than stellar secondary.

Defensively, Atlanta will get their yards and get some points but will struggle due to their porous OL.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Offensively the 49ers should destroy Atlanta. They have so many holes, so many weaknesses to attack, a quick passing game along with timely running will have them on their heels all game long. Really would love to see Patton get a chance to play, this would be the game to give him some snaps and let him make some plays, get going against a less than stellar secondary.

Defensively, Atlanta will get their yards and get some points but will struggle due to their porous OL.
Yes especially with us trotting out a healthy and refreshed Aldon Smith now. ATL will finally see Aldon fully healthy and at his best. This ain't last years injured Smith brothers!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Rest erryone and let our 8th stringers get some reps with these Atlanta crows
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I agree with your keys but our defense has been consistent all year every game outside of GB. We have suffocated much better offenses this season. I expect nothing less this week in a very emotional contest

Our offense doesn't really scare anyone. They are still so inconsistent with just about everything, and the running into 10 man boxes never ceases to amaze me. It'll be close due to our schizophrenic coaching and play calling.
[ Edited by K1ngCoopa24 on Dec 18, 2013 at 12:08 AM ]
Anybody notice the playcalling is becoming incredibly deceptive lately? -Roman and Harbaugh have finally noticed that Kap tends to seldom stare receivers down. This used to be his weakness, now they're making it his strength. Almost 50% of plays past the 50 have involved fake pitches off the RB (aka Kap's usual checkdown guys), including the "Crabtree TD" people have been analyzing lately.
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
Our offense doesn't really scare anyone. They are still so inconsistent with just about everything, and the running into 10 man boxes never ceases to amaze me. It'll be close due to our schizophrenic coaching and play calling.

The 10 man boxes should clue you in as to just how much our offense scares folk or Gore for that matter. Teams load up that box in fear of Gore and Kap running but now we are beginning to mesh as a passing offense now that we have 3 guys that require extra attention. That loaded box is exactly what we want now that we have Crab Q and VD to throw to. BTW Crabtree is looking healthier every week

The 10 man boxes should clue you in as to just how much our offense scares folk or Gore for that matter. Teams load up that box in fear of Gore and Kap running but now we are beginning to mesh as a passing offense now that we have 3 guys that require extra attention. That loaded box is exactly what we want now that we have Crab Q and VD to throw to. BTW Crabtree is looking healthier every week

People always respect Gore, it'd be stupid not to. I'm just trying to offer some perspective, for every big run that we break there are 5,6,7 that lose yards or go for small gains.
fullback try out @ the stick, monday night 5pm
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!

People always respect Gore, it'd be stupid not to. I'm just trying to offer some perspective, for every big run that we break there are 5,6,7 that lose yards or go for small gains.

Hence why Gore averages 4 ypc... That's the staple of a power run team, the defense will stop most of your runs, but they'll eventually tire, and then you hit them for a big run when it counts...

I just went back and watches our last 2 games and u would absolutely not say our offense is stagnant or predictable. We are hampered with ill-times penalties and inconsistent line play from Snyder. Especially in the Seattle game, we left a lot of plays on the field. I think we're rounding into shape and well be a juggernaut in January.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Some people forget this, but Roddy White actually stripped the ball away from us TWICE. Once when Nate Clements picked off a pass that wouldve sealed a win, but tried to score and got hit from behind, and then the next year when Dre Bly was returning a pick and started high stepping like 60 yards before the endzone, and got stripped like a tool. Both by White. SMH...

the dre bly play happened first then the Clements one
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
GO NINERS! BEAT THE FALCONS!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Hence why Gore averages 4 ypc... That's the staple of a power run team, the defense will stop most of your runs, but they'll eventually tire, and then you hit them for a big run when it counts...

I just went back and watches our last 2 games and u would absolutely not say our offense is stagnant or predictable. We are hampered with ill-times penalties and inconsistent line play from Snyder. Especially in the Seattle game, we left a lot of plays on the field. I think we're rounding into shape and well be a juggernaut in January.

It's still fairly predictable on first down. We've been moving the ball fairly well, until we get into the redzone and go retarded. The score from the Tampa game is inflated by the special teams TD. The offense only scored 2 touchdowns, although that drive in the 4th quarter that ate up 10 minutes was pretty special, though it stalled inside the 20 again. 1-4 in the redzone, not very good and it has to get better.
Share 49ersWebzone