LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ATLANTA FALCONS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 16)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SportsFan:
The game that pissed me off more was at their house the next year. Up by 4 I believe so they need a TD (maybe they just needed a FG). Pin them back at their 5. They proceed to drive, get out to about the 30. Ryan throws a pick to Nate. He tries to return it for a TD and gets stripped at their 2 yard line and they recover. They then proceed to drive the length of the field to win the game.

Fuuuuccccckkk those were tough times.

Just checked, it was a FG they needed and got.

They were forever losing close games, close loss to the Colts, the Vikings and on and on and on.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The game that pissed me off more was at their house the next year. Up by 4 I believe so they need a TD (maybe they just needed a FG). Pin them back at their 5. They proceed to drive, get out to about the 30. Ryan throws a pick to Nate. He tries to return it for a TD and gets stripped at their 2 yard line and they recover. They then proceed to drive the length of the field to win the game.

They were forever losing close games, close loss to the Colts, the Vikings and on and on and on.

Ahhhh...the Vikings. When we had the chance to go 3 - 0. God did I want to murder someone after that. Anybody but Favre. They ran that s**t on TV for days.

I went to that game in Indy !

Leading the whole game up until midway through the 4th qtr. Our defense didn't allow PM a TD pass
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Definitely a TRAP GAME... we're F****D!!

Lol. No way.

Originally posted by Niners99:
49ers are 24-7 on MNF at Candlestick since 1980.

Weve laid some serious beatdowns at home on Monday Night the last few years too. The Falcons will be crushed.

Falcons aren't giving up / still playing hard. They want to play spoiler. The coach is on the hot seat, they'll be playing for keeps!

You guys are feeling it, aren't you... the fear is creeping in.

BEWARE THE DIRTY BIRDS!!
Falcons aren't giving up / still playing hard. They want to play spoiler. The coach is on the hot seat, they'll be playing for keeps!

BEWARE THE DIRTY BIRDS!!

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

BEWARE THE DIRTY BIRDS!!

As long as we hold Julio Jones to under 150 yds and 2 TDs ... oh wait ...
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
dumbass tony gonzales should've retired last season.

Eh...he can still play and he really wanted one last shot at the ring. I can't blame him, he is one of those guys you actually feel bad for not having one.
We will see Gore do alot of this on MNF:

Originally posted by verb1der:

Whitner is such a beast!!

bandwagoner exposed
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by cciowa:
and people think i am nuts! the way this team and coaches work,, we will jump out 21-0. we will let them score before half because the coaches always go soft . when the second half opens, we will be soft on both sides of the ball because our coaches are soft in the head at times and roman will be to busy wolfing down a couple of maid rites.. it will be 21-14, the team will then wake up but because the coaches got the entire offense out of their first half groove, we will stall in the red zone. dawson will kick about three field goals. that will make it 30-14. now last week the coaches opted to unleash the defense late and finished strong but i still feel, the team will play that lovely prevent d in the fourth quarter, the falcons will score to make it 30-21 in a game which never should have been that close

The Falcons will NOT put 21 points up on the 49ers defense at candlestick. Your hatred for the coaching staff is unprecedented cc. WOW! Always expecting the perfect game must be exhausting.
give me a break,, i only hate roman but what did i say wrong?
do the coaches go soft on both sides of the ball? hell yes
do we get up in games only to let up in the second half? hell yes
do we go to the prevent d thus allowing teams to get back in to games? hell yes
was last weeks game made more difficult due to the fact our coaches went soft? hell yes
do we stall in the red zone and have to settle for field goals? hell yes
does roman eat greasy maidrites during the game thus making him lose focus on the game? seems as good as explanation as any for his idiotic ways, but you just go on supporting him bud

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by verb1der:

Whitner is such a beast!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b0632a/White-catches-Clements-pokes-out-ball

We shoulda won that game

Those years. we were ALWAYS so f**king unlucky
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

BEWARE THE DIRTY BIRDS!!

As long as we hold Julio Jones to under 150 yds and 2 TDs ... oh wait ...

Originally posted by cciowa:
give me a break,, i only hate roman but what did i say wrong?
do the coaches go soft on both sides of the ball? hell yes
do we get up in games only to let up in the second half? hell yes
do we go to the prevent d thus allowing teams to get back in to games? hell yes
was last weeks game made more difficult due to the fact our coaches went soft? hell yes
do we stall in the red zone and have to settle for field goals? hell yes
does roman eat greasy maidrites during the game thus making him lose focus on the game? seems as good as explanation as any for his idiotic ways, but you just go on supporting him bud

Anyone underestimating the Falcons offense is nuts. Matt Ryan is completing about 67% of his passes this season. Roddy White has been playing much better in recent weeks, Gonzalez is still Gonzalez, Steven Jackson has always given the 49ers trouble and Harry Douglass has been a decent complementary receiver. The key to me is the 49ers on offense being able to consistently cram the ball down Atlanta's throat and scoring touchdowns instead of field goals.
Anyone underestimating the Falcons offense is nuts. Matt Ryan is completing about 67% of his passes this season. Roddy White has been playing much better in recent weeks, Gonzalez is still Gonzalez, Steven Jackson has always given the 49ers trouble and Harry Douglass has been a decent complementary receiver. The key to me is the 49ers on offense being able to consistently cram the ball down Atlanta's throat and scoring touchdowns instead of field goals.
I agree with your keys but our defense has been consistent all year every game outside of GB. We have suffocated much better offenses this season. I expect nothing less this week in a very emotional contest
Share 49ersWebzone