There are 219 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Lets run the ball with a Fury this weekend
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tam/2013.htm

I looked at the box scores and summaries over TB's last five games in which they've won four and they're plus 11 in takeaways. If we hold on to the ball and do what we do we should be fine.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Is he old enough to drive yet?

Mike 'Dynamite' Glennon

whoa
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I can't remember a time when the 9ers won in Tampa. This very much a trap game, plus Bucs are playing very good football like they're invisible.

Haven't won there since 1993, believe it or not.

Oh no I believe it, I just don't believe the 9ers will win there. I will believe it when I see it.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Is he old enough to drive yet?

Mike 'Dynamite' Glennon

whoa

"Get your own tater-tots, Gahhhhhhhh"
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I can't remember a time when the 9ers won in Tampa. This very much a trap game, plus Bucs are playing very good football like they're invisible.

Haven't won there since 1993, believe it or not.

Oh no I believe it, I just don't believe the 9ers will win there. I will believe it when I see it.

when we go to tampa i see mooch taking a knee
I hope those piece of s**t fans that trolled our site a few years ago come back. We are gonna murder the Bucs
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
idk why Glennon reminds me of a worm
That dude has a long ass neck
Originally posted by valrod33:
That dude has a long ass neck

I bet Brooks can make it even longer if he hits him hard enough.

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Stanley:
Is Goldson playing or he suspended again? Hope he doesnt knock someone silly if he is playing.

Goldson likes the guys on our team. He will give us inside info.

That tells you how he feels about Schiano
PFF Numbers on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Top Ranked 3 Players On Offense

1. Demar Dotson-OT 22.8 Ranked as the 6th best tackle in the NFL, outstanding pass blocker.

2. Donald Penn -OT 10.8 Also ranked highly as a tackle, Bucs have two very good book-ends.

3. Bobby Rainey -RB 3.4 Hasn't played much but has been doing very well since moving into the starting spot.

Lowest Ranked 3 Players On Offense

1. Davin Joseph-OG -33.8 So they go from two very good tackles to the 2nd worst starting guard in the NFL. He's particularly awful as a run blocker.

2. Mike Williams-WR -4.5 Unreliable 3rd receiver, has been prone to committing bad penalties throughout the season.

3. Jamon Meredith-OG -4.5 Moved into a starting role this season, has been average mostly but has had some awful games, especially against Detroit.

Highest Ranked 3 Players on Defense

1. Gerald McCoy-DT 53.4 Absolute beast. Highest ranked DT in the NFL. 49ers interior OL has their work cut out for them, he's a handful, has only been getting better as the season has gone on.

2. Lavonte David-LB 20.1 2nd highest ranked 4-3 OLB in the NFL, great tackler, smart player, has been exceptional in coverage. Has 5 INT's this season, loves to bait QB's in the middle of the field.

3. Darrelle Revis-CB 18.1 Nobody is laughing anymore, highest ranked cornerback in the NFL right now, has had some great games this season.

Lowest Ranked 3 Players on Defense

1. Adrian Clayborn-DL -15.0 Absolutely non-existent pass rush, mostly has just been a run stopper this season.

2. Akeem Spence- DL -12.0 Same thing as for Clayborn.

3. Dashon Goldson-FS -10.9 Has been beaten in pass coverage frequently this season, one of the worst in the NFL when it comes to penalties.

Overall Team Rankings

Offense-Tampa Bay is ranked 25th overall in total offense.

Passing Offense Rank-26th Overall

Rushing Offense Rank-7th Overall

Pass Blocking Rank-20th Overall

Run Blocking Rank-28th Overall

Defense-Tampa Bay is Ranked 23rd Overall in Defense

Run Defense Rank-25th

Pass Rushing Rank-19th

Pass Coverage Rank-15th (For comparison, 49ers have faced the #11, 5 and 1 passing defenses in NO, Carolina and Seattle).

Special Teams Rank-12th.

Summary-Tampa Bay is a quality opponent, they have terrific tackles on their offensive line, but the interior of their OL is susceptible. Gerald McCoy is the best defensive tackle in football and a potential wrecking machine, 49ers will have to keep him in check. Revis Island is back in play but Tampa Bay is susceptible along their secondary, Mark Barron has been pretty good at strong safety for them but Goldson has been a weak point and Banks has had typical rookie issues and has given up some big plays this season. Their linebackers are solid to pretty good in pass coverage, especially David who is a turnover machine, but don't bring much in the way of pass rush other than Lavonte David who has been effectively used on blitzes.

In general, pass rush is their biggest weakness on defense. They spent so much on the secondary that McCoy is their only really reliable pass rusher. They utilize blitzes from all over the place to put pressure on the QB. McCoy and David lead the team in sacks, after that its just a random mixture of various DB's, LB's and defensive linemen.

49ers OL has to hold up against these guys and Kaepernick should have time to pick their defense apart. When they blitz, and they will blitz a lot, the ball has to get out of there fast, the 7 step drop plays aren't going to cut it against this defense. On offense, they have very limited targets. Vincent Jackson is by far their biggest target, he's got 1000 yards receiving, nobody else has more than 400. Glennon has done well at QB for a rookie but is still prone to making some rookie-level mistakes, he was very pedestrian yesterday against Buffalo.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM ]
^^ Good info!
Did revis even play yesterday ?
must-win and if we stay focused we will lock this game up early...but we shouldnt underestimate the bucs. they got some positive experience in the last weeks and they play at home.
Share 49ersWebzone