There are 207 users in the forums

I knew our passing game wasn't the greatest but I didnt know we were DEAD LAST in the

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Totally agree. This 49er offense is not conservative. When I think conservative, I think having the punter ready to go when it's 3rd and 10. To your point "power football does not equal conservative". Totally agree to that. I think some people see a run first team and instantly label the offense as conservative. That is incorrect in that you can be a pass first team and be conservative if you rarely take shots downfield. KC passes 57% of the time but they do not take big shots downfield.

The 49ers are risky (opposite of conservative) when it comes to the run game. Stack 8 in the box? They'll still try to out man you at the point of attack. The Gore TD run on 4th and 1 versus the Rams was against a 9 man front. They continually run into 8 man boxes, not because they are too stupid to change the call, but because they believe they can still get a good gain regardless of how the defense has lined up. If Gore gets past the line of scrimmage and gets to the second level against an 8-9 man front, there are large gains to be had. It's a risk the 49ers are willing to take.

Now if someone said, "the 49ers get conservative when they have a sizable lead" then I would be in agreement, but that's just smart football. Relying on a good defense to protect the lead against an anemic offense (JAC, TEN, HOU) is just the right thing to do. DEN and NO continue to keep an open playbook when they have a multi-possession lead because they do not have a reliable defense like the 49ers. When the game is in the balance, the 49ers do not have a conservative offense.

don't let anyone. not any fans of any other team fool you. if their team could run the ball they would.

it's not even really relying on a good defense to protect the lead because we put together big long drives to close the door and then from there continue to run it down their throats and not give the ball back after already having a lead.

the offense is aggressive. we convert turnovers to scores, protect the ball and can score from any point on the field. be it 90 yards away or 15 as the starting point. we don't have to play field position and when we have a lead we can run the clock out.

balance.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
We play low risk football, we probably will continue to. It ain't sexy, but it is effective.

it's very sexy.
we'll probably open up the pass game a little more now that manningham is coming back but i'd much rather run all over that supposed #2 run defense the panthers have. BRING IT ON
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
We play low risk football, we probably will continue to. It ain't sexy, but it is effective.

it's very sexy.

Winning is sexy in my book
Originally posted by TheGoldMineSF:
we'll probably open up the pass game a little more now that manningham is coming back but i'd much rather run all over that supposed #2 run defense the panthers have. BRING IT ON

this. they have a great run D but I dont think anyones run defense can handle our oline, VD and Bruce Blocking and the inconvenient truth. with manningham coming back they have to respect him and not double Boldin all game long now so running should get a little easier. plus we have Kap that they need to be afraid of in the run game as well.
If ranking last in passing results in a Super Bowl then sign me up. I don't see any other team playing better.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
this. they have a great run D but I dont think anyones run defense can handle our oline, VD and Bruce Blocking and the inconvenient truth. with manningham coming back they have to respect him and not double Boldin all game long now so running should get a little easier. plus we have Kap that they need to be afraid of in the run game as well.

They're run D is not as good as everyone thinks it is. They've played a bunch of weak rushing offenses besides Buffalo which they lost that game and Spiller broke a 100. After doing some research I deem them overrated. Everyone thinks Star and Kuechly are badass so by extension the entire D is badass but theyre not for real.
Originally posted by b9er37:
If ranking last in passing results in a Super Bowl then sign me up. I don't see any other team playing better.

Ladies and gentlemen this is what biased looks like.
hopefully the more playmakers that are added to the mix the more the play book will expand.....hopefully
Originally posted by kidash98:
Arguments can be had for both sides, IMO.

Not really. There isn't a coach in the NFL who would take Smith over Kaepernick.

He's been playing great lately, btw.

Originally posted by eonblue:

What team has looked more dominant?
Originally posted by eonblue:

What team has looked more dominant?

not a single one. broncos are playing well but jacksonville of all teams showed the chinks in the armor. seattle's offense looks like s**t. NO just got held down and pegged by the NY Jest. Packers are without rodgers now, bears look okay but not better than SF, lions same deal.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
MM is back. Patton is next, then Crabs. With Boldin/Crabs/MM/VD/Patton all healthy going into the playoffs... damn, we've never had that before. With Kap as a dual threat and our run game is already sick, defenses are gonna be f****d!
Originally posted by LVJay:
MM is back. Patton is next, then Crabs. With Boldin/Crabs/MM/VD/Patton all healthy going into the playoffs... damn, we've never had that before. With Kap as a dual threat and our run game is already sick, defenses are gonna be f****d!

I think Crabs is next, then Patton(just got out of the boot lastwk) but oh what the hell, as long as we go into playoffs healthy, I am all for it.
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Nov 6, 2013 at 9:47 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by LVJay:

I think Crabs is next, then Patton(just got out of the boot lastwk) but oh what the hell, as long as we go into playoffs healthy, I am all for it.

Hopefully we get both when we face the CAWK blockers on Dec 8th. How bout Kyle Williams
Share 49ersWebzone