There are 205 users in the forums

Do you think we will sweep the 2nd half of the season an end 14-2

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you think we will sweep the 2nd half of the season an end 14-2

Originally posted by cciowa:
i am so sick of the word trap . (i know what you a*****es will now be doing )... The team and coaches know or should know how important this game as well as all others are on the schedule for the rest of the year if they want to win the division. No one is or should going to take this team for granted and just assume we can go out there in a sleep walk and win the game. It is obvious that we can not depend on other teams to help us with seattle . every time we think we will get some help, the other team just pisses down their legs so the players know they have to take care of things they can control. This is not a trap game, nor do they exist on our schedule. If the team is not ready to play the game they deserve to lose. My only fear is that roman will turn into the nutty professor (and no this has nothing to do with the super bowl last year, it has to do with alot of things he has done in the last two years) just because he has mario back and crabs later. he will get away from the run game like he did vs the colts and try to fling the ball all over hell. he god damn better not stray from the formula that has been working. mario and crabs just gives us a couple more options. our defense must continue its stellar play and we must do better in regards to the pass rush. I hope that gets corrected with aldons return and the fact it will take away double teams to justin. the team has to fix the return game . if kyle is still out there at kick and punt return sunday
LMJ has been doing extra punt/Kick return work...if that makes you feel better?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i am so sick of the word trap . (i know what you a*****es will now be doing )... The team and coaches know or should know how important this game as well as all others are on the schedule for the rest of the year if they want to win the division. No one is or should going to take this team for granted and just assume we can go out there in a sleep walk and win the game. It is obvious that we can not depend on other teams to help us with seattle . every time we think we will get some help, the other team just pisses down their legs so the players know they have to take care of things they can control. This is not a trap game, nor do they exist on our schedule. If the team is not ready to play the game they deserve to lose. My only fear is that roman will turn into the nutty professor (and no this has nothing to do with the super bowl last year, it has to do with alot of things he has done in the last two years) just because he has mario back and crabs later. he will get away from the run game like he did vs the colts and try to fling the ball all over hell. he god damn better not stray from the formula that has been working. mario and crabs just gives us a couple more options. our defense must continue its stellar play and we must do better in regards to the pass rush. I hope that gets corrected with aldons return and the fact it will take away double teams to justin. the team has to fix the return game . if kyle is still out there at kick and punt return sunday
LMJ has been doing extra punt/Kick return work...if that makes you feel better?
it does,, he scares me on punt returns but at this point in time,, it just can not be any worse. i hate to dump on kyle , he is a nice person, worked hard to come back from injury and the giants game fiasco and good team mate but there comes a time where you just can not support or defend a guy anymore
The 49ers are in a very rare situation....decent to great in all of these positions:

OLine
LB
QB
RB
TE
WRs (assuming Boldin, Crabtree and Manningham)
DLine and Secondary

It is hard to make this last...especially with the salary cap. I hope the 49ers take MAX advantage of it this year, and get it done. We will lose some key pieces next year.
no
Definite maybe...but it depends.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It'll be tough, but it could be done.
Originally posted by Mankster:
Definite maybe...but it depends.

Depends of what Mankster?
We will drop one or two more. Probably Saints and then some random "oops we forgot to show up" games...
My prediction is one loss. And not to Car/Sea/NO, I think we get beat by a nobody.

I also think we tie Seattle and win the tie breaker. Don't ask me to detail this ... just gut feel.
It's possible. If the Niners win the next three, then they've got a real chance. But these three are tough. Carolina is a lot tougher than people think and then to go to DC and New Orleans in successive weeks and win both would be very impressive. But, if they pull that off, their only remaining away games would be the Bucs and the Cards. They have to beat the Seahawks, period. The next three weeks are key.

Carolina might be tougher than people think, but Niners didn't "sleep" on Jacksonville, not likely to do in this game. Someone should talk to Seattle about sleeping (Bucs). And if someone tried to tell you these two teams are absolutely equal, we had two weeks to prepare, have home field advantage and are bringing 4 impact players for this game. Not equal now.
as long as we crush the aints and weakhawks i'll be happy
it does,, he scares me on punt returns but at this point in time,, it just can not be any worse. i hate to dump on kyle , he is a nice person, worked hard to come back from injury and the giants game fiasco and good team mate but there comes a time where you just can not support or defend a guy anymore

It can actually be much worse than what we have had this year. Yes the return yardage has not been there but imagine Kyle turning the ball over on punt returns and setting the opposition up deep in our territory ....LMJ is the more explosive athlete and he should have been our Kick Returner (in my irrelevant opinion) but the coaches see both players in practice every single day and maybe Kyle just catching the punt is good enough for him to get the nod over LMJ
I reckon the Panthers answer this question.... Now ya see what that D is like for real....
I guess it's time to lock this one.
Share 49ersWebzone