LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

Do you think we will sweep the 2nd half of the season an end 14-2

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you think we will sweep the 2nd half of the season an end 14-2

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I had predicted us at 6-2 at the break and 11-5 when it's all said and done. Given we have the 9th toughest SOS the remainer of the year, that very well could happen even with all the reserves. BUT, it could also mean we're clicking the final 2-3 weeks of the season and rolling into the playoffs with momentum and we ALL know by now how that has worked out for a few teams who ended up winning the Superbowl! #6!
So who do we lose 3 more games to?

We would have to go through a tailspin to lose 3 of 8 remaining games. I don't see this happening. We should finish at no less than 12 wins but I strongly believe we can finish with 13 wins and if we run the table 14 wins. I had us at 13 wins coming into this season but then again I had SEA at 10 or 11 wins max so there goes that. I had no idea they would fare so well on the road and win the tight games they won. Credit to Russell and his desire to win at all costs sacrificing life and limb to do it
Exactly!! I cannot imagine us losing 3 more games. I don't see us losing more than one game. As I've been stating all over this thread that the 49ers are a terrible match-up for the remaining teams on our schedule, save for the Seaducks. And I seriously doubt the Seabuzzards go into Candlestick and beat the 49ers a 3rd straight time! Also, as the Sea-pigeons put more on film wins are progressively getting harder and harder for them. I honestly don't think people are paying any attention to this. The loss of the OT's don't explain how teams are now playing their defense. And losing both OT's has had an effect but how defenses are now scheming their offense is a different matter.

But in order to save themselves from disappointment many fans here are deliberately underestimating the 49ers (especially the guys on the pod cast of this site), and for me that's aggravating. People are not looking at the teams remaining on our schedule coupled with how the season has progressed. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that people are just coming up with these almost arbitrary record predictions with no analysis at all for pure emotional reasons.

I'm not saying that we will win-out, though I seriously think that's a strong possibility. But we certainly won't lose 3 more games.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Tough stretch of games coming up, with CAR, NO, WASH and SEA. May the best team win.
Yeah. . . . and none of those teams match-up well against us, save for Seattle!!
That's why people that think the niners are an 11-5 team are delusional. Hell I bet some friends that we would finish 11-5 or better and I wold of even went 13 wins or better if Crabtree was healthy.
I think the 9ers will end up with a 13-3 or 12-4 record. Unfortunately, the Seahawks have been playing well enough against teams that seem determined screw up and lose that it looks like they could easily win one more game the 9ers. I hope not, but it just seems like things are going to end up that way. If it does end up that way, then I hope that the 9ers pull a Ravens - winning games in the playoffs as a wildcard, including going to CenturyLink and stomping some butt.

I'd love to see the 9ers win out right through the Superbowl including stomping the Hawks at home in the regular season and then at home again in the postseason, but looking at the games to be played through the rest of the regular season, it just seems unlikely to me. I'm sure many 9er fans wouldn't feel the same, but after the lousy start to the season, I'm just glad they are playing well again and if they make it to a decent playoff run without getting to the Superbowl, I'll still think the season was a pretty darn good one. And start licking my chops for what the 9ers will do next year.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I say no. The schedule looks surprisingly more complicated. Here are danger games outside the expected Seattle and NO:

Carolina
Tampa
Rams

None of the second half games outside of maybe the Cardinals will be easy.

I don't see where you people are getting STL and TB as threats. We pummeled STL in their dome and now they're coming to The Stick. Just because they hung with Seattle doesn't mean they'll magically do the same in our rematch. We DESTROYED them last time and there's no reason to think we won't do it again. And TB flat out sucks. No reason we shouldn't blow them out of the water. Washington is a bigger threat than either of those teams, and we should be able to handle Washington fairly easily.

Carolina and the Saints are the only real threats.
What a strange season this has been. I can guarantee that no long time Seahawk fan is counting anything as easy these days. Christ! Our D has given up 400+ on the ground the last two games to BACKUPS!!! We only have two O-line starters playing and one of those is a converted DE project. I can only sit and shake my head at Wilson and the stuff he's managed to pull off since we played you guys. The Niners are a very good team who can beat anyone anywhere anytime so don't write your guys off. The Hawks are the strangest 8-1 team I've ever seen but ya cannot count them out until the clock reads 0:00, ever. At least not as long as RW is under center. Whatever happens I believe it'll be a wild ride to the finish.
[ Edited by CharlieCobra on Nov 7, 2013 at 6:21 AM ]
Originally posted by CharlieCobra:
What a strange season this has been. I can guarantee that no long time Seahawk fan is counting anything as easy these days. Christ! Our D has given up 400+ on the ground the last two games to BACKUPS!!! We only have two O-line starters playing and one of those is a converted DE project. I can only sit and shake my head at Wilson and the stuff he's managed to pull off since we played you guys. The Niners are a very good team who can beat anyone anywhere anytime so don't write your guys off. The Hawks are the strangest 8-1 team I've ever seen but ya cannot count them out until the clock reads 0:00, ever. At least not as long as RW is under center. Whatever happens I believe it'll be a wild ride to the finish.

well said...as much as i dislike the seahawks it sure makes it more interesting and fun to watch when both teams are playing well.
Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

lol eeyore
Oh Auntie Em, I wish we could play the AFC South every game.....

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I had predicted us at 6-2 at the break and 11-5 when it's all said and done. Given we have the 9th toughest SOS the remainer of the year, that very well could happen even with all the reserves. BUT, it could also mean we're clicking the final 2-3 weeks of the season and rolling into the playoffs with momentum and we ALL know by now how that has worked out for a few teams who ended up winning the Superbowl! #6!
So who do we lose 3 more games to?

We would have to go through a tailspin to lose 3 of 8 remaining games. I don't see this happening. We should finish at no less than 12 wins but I strongly believe we can finish with 13 wins and if we run the table 14 wins. I had us at 13 wins coming into this season but then again I had SEA at 10 or 11 wins max so there goes that. I had no idea they would fare so well on the road and win the tight games they won. Credit to Russell and his desire to win at all costs sacrificing life and limb to do it
Exactly!! I cannot imagine us losing 3 more games. I don't see us losing more than one game. As I've been stating all over this thread that the 49ers are a terrible match-up for the remaining teams on our schedule, save for the Seaducks. And I seriously doubt the Seabuzzards go into Candlestick and beat the 49ers a 3rd straight time! Also, as the Sea-pigeons put more on film wins are progressively getting harder and harder for them. I honestly don't think people are paying any attention to this. The loss of the OT's don't explain how teams are now playing their defense. And losing both OT's has had an effect but how defenses are now scheming their offense is a different matter.

But in order to save themselves from disappointment many fans here are deliberately underestimating the 49ers (especially the guys on the pod cast of this site), and for me that's aggravating. People are not looking at the teams remaining on our schedule coupled with how the season has progressed. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that people are just coming up with these almost arbitrary record predictions with no analysis at all for pure emotional reasons.

I'm not saying that we will win-out, though I seriously think that's a strong possibility. But we certainly won't lose 3 more games.

Oh, no question we have the ability to run the table, realistically, lose 1 or 2 more (and still end up 2nd in the division) games. The truth is this is the NFL and we will, most likely, lose a game we didn't anticipate. Look at the Hawks...they nearly lost to the lowly Rams and Bucs. Freddie P. Soft does usually have his one day in the sun. The other two may end up being tough loses to quality teams (like in the first half, Hawks and Colts). BUT, no matter what we end up with, I have a strong feeling we'll win the last 3 games and roll into the playoffs on a high note. We either end up the #1 seed or the #5 seed and rolling in both cases!

I'll stick with my original record-guess (haven't been wrong yet save for the tie-year, IIRC).

On a side note, I think since the Hawks won their Superbowl against us up in Seattle, they are starting to slip...they are expecting their OT's and Harvin back soon but I think teams are running on them and controlling the clock and tempo and keeping the Hawks offense on the sidelines while wearing down the defense. Both the Rams and Bucs are STUPID teams (talented, just dumb) but they are exposing real weaknesses with the Hawks now. Better teams will take advantage of them. So whether we end up #1 or #2 in the division (even with a 14-2 or 13-3 record), #5 seed, we don't have many weaknesses and now, we're adding in returning starters and even more developing depth/rotation.
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
Originally posted by CharlieCobra:

well said...as much as i dislike the seahawks it sure makes it more interesting and fun to watch when both teams are playing well.

No doubt...well said Charlie.

Carolina could be a trap game.

We might be a bit rusty and their DLine is VERY good.

I still think JH doesn't take anyone lightly but, IMO, the Panthers will tougher than many think they will.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I still think JH doesn't take anyone lightly but, IMO, the Panthers will tougher than many think they will.

I agree. Carolina matches up well against us. Their d-line can make us one dimensional by shutting down our run game. We will have to rely on Kap and the passing game for this matchup. I hope Rio isn't too rusty. Go Niners!
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:

I agree. Carolina matches up well against us. Their d-line can make us one dimensional by shutting down our run game. We will have to rely on Kap and the passing game for this matchup. I hope Rio isn't too rusty. Go Niners!

I think this is the case as well. Roman may actually have to rely on a quality passing attack here and CK will need to be on mark. This game is going to come down to coaching, I feel.
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:

I think this is the case as well. Roman may actually have to rely on a quality passing attack here and CK will need to be on mark. This game is going to come down to coaching, I feel.

We ran on ARI and HOU and we will run on CAR unless they go to an 8 man front and if they do they will pay dearly to Q VD and Mario. The Panther secondary isn't that great to where they can stack the box and hope to contain Kap through the air. I trust our defense vs their offense more than I trust their defense vs our offense. We are effectively averaging 6 yards every time we snap the football and most of our damage is done by way of running the football but if CAR stacks the box we will make them pay for it. I think we force turnovers and they don't and I think we win this hard fought game
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i am so sick of the word trap . (i know what you a*****es will now be doing )... The team and coaches know or should know how important this game as well as all others are on the schedule for the rest of the year if they want to win the division. No one is or should going to take this team for granted and just assume we can go out there in a sleep walk and win the game. It is obvious that we can not depend on other teams to help us with seattle . every time we think we will get some help, the other team just pisses down their legs so the players know they have to take care of things they can control. This is not a trap game, nor do they exist on our schedule. If the team is not ready to play the game they deserve to lose. My only fear is that roman will turn into the nutty professor (and no this has nothing to do with the super bowl last year, it has to do with alot of things he has done in the last two years) just because he has mario back and crabs later. he will get away from the run game like he did vs the colts and try to fling the ball all over hell. he god damn better not stray from the formula that has been working. mario and crabs just gives us a couple more options. our defense must continue its stellar play and we must do better in regards to the pass rush. I hope that gets corrected with aldons return and the fact it will take away double teams to justin. the team has to fix the return game . if kyle is still out there at kick and punt return sunday
Share 49ersWebzone