LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Do you think we will sweep the 2nd half of the season an end 14-2

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you think we will sweep the 2nd half of the season an end 14-2

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I'm just worried about our run defense. If we get our run D back to 2011 or even 2012 form, we have a decent chance of winning out.
Thk u SEA for crushing Ian's ankle
we really have to get that homefield advantage in the playoffs, esp. if we end up playing seattle
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
we really have to get that homefield advantage in the playoffs, esp. if we end up playing seattle

I'm not so sure the 49ers need it because they are a fairly decent road team. They aren't a night/day team like Seattle where home games are almost a sure win and road games are like a 20% chance they win.

It would be great to give Candlestick an NFCCG send off though.
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
carolina, tampa bay, New Orleans, and Seattle will give us real trouble.

Can we please STOP underestimating the 49ers? I'm sorry, but there are WAY too many Debbie Downers as fans, especially the guys who do the pod casting on this site, always looking for reasons why this team won't win. There's no reason we cannot run the table. We'll beat Seattle at The Stick; they won't beat us 3 straight times and any fan who thinks that is smoking something. We're built to beat teams like the Saints (every time we play these high powered offenses we win)! We have the personnel to do worse to them than the Jets did. The Jets REALLY exposed them. The Panthers, Bucks, and Skins DON'T match-up well against us AT ALL! In fact, by position and personnel, the mach-up is terrible for those teams. And I doubt Seattle win's out. They aren't gonna be a one loss team and anyone who thinks they will is giving them way too much credit. If people aren't paying attention teams are playing them a lot tougher as the season progresses, home and away. The more they put on film the harder wins are getting for them. And mark my words, come Dec. 8 there's gonna be a reckoning that's gonna change people's minds about Seattle.

I'm so tires of people finding ways and reasons we cannot run the table or wind the division. Unlike the guys on the pod cast, I think getting Wright, Manningham, Aldon, Moody, et al, is gonna be a HUGE lift for this team. It seems to me that there are more reasons to say that we'll run the table than not.There are more reasons to be more positive than negative.

So all you people/fans out there finding reasons we won't/can't win the division: just stay tuned. . . . . . . . .

We are not underestimating the 49ers, you are overestimating them. It is hard to win games in the NFL. Going 8-0 to close the season is rarely done. Can the 49ers do it? Sure, but forgive me if I don't think it is a given.

Plus, I'm not sure these guys can win 16 (13 reg, 3 post) straight games including the playoffs to capture #6...If any team can, it's the 9ers, but IMO, it's asking too much.

I'm honestly just worried about Carolina right now and they have been ballin out and anything can happen this Sunday.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

we do not need it. you gotta beat em sooner or later and i wish people would stop being scared of going up there,, if you talk scared and act scared you will play scared. the ultimate revenge would be to beat them up there in the second most important game a team ever plays. i think our team is built for a deep run in the playoffs , no matter where it is at . we do not "need" anything cept for some guys to rejoin us which they are
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:

I'm not so sure the 49ers need it because they are a fairly decent road team. They aren't a night/day team like Seattle where home games are almost a sure win and road games are like a 20% chance they win.

We obviously won't be favored in any of the playoff road games, but maybe if we play WC round at NFC East winner (Dallas).

Travelling across the country two weeks in a row (GB/NO) and then possibly up to C-Link might be a little much for this team, but I BELIEVE
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Nov 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Beezy33:

We obviously won't be favored in any of the playoff road games, but maybe if we play WC round at NFC East winner (Dallas).

Travelling across the country two weeks in a row (GB/NO) and then possibly up to C-Link might be a little much for this team, but I BELIEVE
they actually do better when they have to go off on these long road swings. i just want to be in a position to do this. that is why you gotta take care of stuff in all of the games remaining and not just worry about one or two teams and assume the rest are wins
Originally posted by Beezy33:

As it stands now, if the 49ers are the 5th place seed and would send them to Dallas then next up is the Clink unless the 6th place team beats the Packers. My guess is that if the 49ers end up being the 5th seed the NFCCG will be at the home of the Saints/Packers winner if the 49ers beat Seattle. Unless the 6th place team messes everything up by beating the NFC North winner.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
carolina, tampa bay, New Orleans, and Seattle will give us real trouble.

Can we please STOP underestimating the 49ers? I'm sorry, but there are WAY too many Debbie Downers as fans, especially the guys who do the pod casting on this site, always looking for reasons why this team won't win. There's no reason we cannot run the table. We'll beat Seattle at The Stick; they won't beat us 3 straight times and any fan who thinks that is smoking something. We're built to beat teams like the Saints (every time we play these high powered offenses we win)! We have the personnel to do worse to them than the Jets did. The Jets REALLY exposed them. The Panthers, Bucks, and Skins DON'T match-up well against us AT ALL! In fact, by position and personnel, the mach-up is terrible for those teams. And I doubt Seattle win's out. They aren't gonna be a one loss team and anyone who thinks they will is giving them way too much credit. If people aren't paying attention teams are playing them a lot tougher as the season progresses, home and away. The more they put on film the harder wins are getting for them. And mark my words, come Dec. 8 there's gonna be a reckoning that's gonna change people's minds about Seattle.

I'm so tires of people finding ways and reasons we cannot run the table or wind the division. Unlike the guys on the pod cast, I think getting Wright, Manningham, Aldon, Moody, et al, is gonna be a HUGE lift for this team. It seems to me that there are more reasons to say that we'll run the table than not.There are more reasons to be more positive than negative.

So all you people/fans out there finding reasons we won't/can't win the division: just stay tuned. . . . . . . . .

We are not underestimating the 49ers, you are overestimating them. It is hard to win games in the NFL. Going 8-0 to close the season is rarely done. Can the 49ers do it? Sure, but forgive me if I don't think it is a given.
And the Seahawks are? From what I can tell many (but not all) people here are basically giving Seattle a one lose season. And I don't read many comments here that strike me as overestimating our chances. I'm not saying it's a given, and if I gave that impression I sincerely apologize. But from what I've been reading around here and hearing on the pod cast I get the distinct impression that many fans at the very least unnecessarily tampering expectations, with many thinking we're no better than a 10 win team.

Again, the remaining teams on our schedule don't match-up well against us, save for Seattle. And I absolutely DO NOT think they will go into Candlestick and beat us for the 3rd straight time. And, again, teams have been progressively playing the Seabuzzards harder and harder as they put more on film. I maintain that when we played them in week two we got out-of-body and weren't playing in our character and identity. I think the coaching staff over-caoched and got carried away with C. Kaep's 400+ yard performance in week one because they listened too much to teams saying how much they planned on hitting the QB. (As a football coach myself I've been guilty of that a time or two.) We changed our offense before teams first proved they could stop what it is we do well. That won't happen anymore this season.

Again, I'm not saying it's a given that we'll run the table. But given the progression of the season I it's understandable that people like myself expect it. I don't think it's an overestimation to think our chances are more than good that we'll win the division again. We are giving the Seaducks way too much credit.
Way to change the argument. Anyway, I agree that it is unlikely that Seattle will win their next 7 games. Of course there is us, and their offense is weak. Their defense is world-class, though, and that is the only reason why they haven't had 3 more losses already.
My opinion?? No, I don't think we can sweep the second half.

We'd be favored in seven out of eight games (NO is the lone favorite against us). So no, I don't think we'll do it.
Nope. We'll drop 1-2, but chickens will drop 2-3.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Will not happen and nobody should expect it to happen.
With Carolina, @NO, @Wash, and SEA, I would expect to lose 1 or 2 games down the stretch. What's the worst that happens, we're the 5 seed and play the NFC East winner in the Wild Card round? I like our chances no matter the seed, no matter the venue, no matter the opponent. We're a damn good team.
1 out 5 people have explosive diahhrea
Share 49ersWebzone