LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Candlestick Park Seats To Be Sold...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blm7754:
This is kind of a slap to the face to season ticket holders. With how much prices are going up at the new stadium, lots of long time season ticket holding fans are getting screwed.

Wouldn't be that hard to just give all folks who have held season tickets for 10+ years their seat for free. Would be a classy move.

Gotta pay for that baby somehow. But as with all things and capitalism. You allow the market to set the price. They seem to be giving season tix holders first dibs but if they don't sell at the price point the 49ers are looking for I think the prices will market adjust in time. It would be classy for them to break the season tix holders off with their own seats but this is business and running a team is expensive and they have to do what makes sense for their bottom line and as a fan I want my team to have the resources to do what it takes to win whether I can afford to attend the games or not. Even if the Niners priced me out it isn't like I will be changing teams in this lifetime. I would just assume finding a new revenue stream so that I can afford to attend some games of the team I love above all others
Of all the things to overpay and collect, there's gotta be something better than an old seat that thousands of fans sat and farted on for decades. Skip.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Of all the things to overpay and collect, there's gotta be something better than an old seat that thousands of fans sat and farted on for decades. Skip.

Yuck!! I won't buy seats now unless I can sterilize them. I hate you so much right now
area49 will buy them all and build a pop warner field in LA
LOL anyone who pays 650+ for those old, crappy seats is out of their mind. I was thinking I might buy 1 if they were like 50 bucks, but 650???
Imagine how much you could sell them for on eBay! You could make a pretty damn big profit.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by blm7754:
This is kind of a slap to the face to season ticket holders. With how much prices are going up at the new stadium, lots of long time season ticket holding fans are getting screwed.

Wouldn't be that hard to just give all folks who have held season tickets for 10+ years their seat for free. Would be a classy move.

Gotta pay for that baby somehow. But as with all things and capitalism. You allow the market to set the price. They seem to be giving season tix holders first dibs but if they don't sell at the price point the 49ers are looking for I think the prices will market adjust in time. It would be classy for them to break the season tix holders off with their own seats but this is business and running a team is expensive and they have to do what makes sense for their bottom line and as a fan I want my team to have the resources to do what it takes to win whether I can afford to attend the games or not. Even if the Niners priced me out it isn't like I will be changing teams in this lifetime. I would just assume finding a new revenue stream so that I can afford to attend some games of the team I love above all others

Actually, the 49ers don't own Candlestick so the $$ for those seats goes to the City of SF, not the 49ers or the Santa Clara stadium project.
man this is ridiculous! Not going to lie, I would love to have some seats from the Stick, I'm a huge memorabilia collector, but I would NEVER pay that much money. I got an official 49ers full sized helmet signed by Joe Montana with #16 and HOF inscription from way less than that. My God. With that said they will sell out every single one of them.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Actually, the 49ers don't own Candlestick so the $$ for those seats goes to the City of SF, not the 49ers or the Santa Clara stadium project.

This.

650 for the pair is not that bad IMO, as long as there aren't excessive fees beyond that. 1500 for a set to anyone without season tickets? That's outrageous.
I will be getting a pair ..I hope they are my actual seats..but if not who cares...the stick will always be my home

649 ain't nothing

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

This.

650 for the pair is not that bad IMO, as long as there aren't excessive fees beyond that. 1500 for a set to anyone without season tickets? That's outrageous.

Why would anyone even need 2 though? So both you and a friend can wedge into incredibly uncomfortable plastic and metal seats? If im spending $650 on seating, its going to be a nice recliner.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
wow, can't wait to sniff mines.

they should give them to season ticket holders. fkn cheapskates
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Nov 3, 2013 at 2:16 AM ]
I bought one 3 years ago Autographed by Eric Wright for $300 i would think Season Ticket holders would get them cheaper then $650 for the pair. GO NINERS!!!!
Originally posted by n1nerman49:
I bought one 3 years ago Autographed by Eric Wright for $300 i would think Season Ticket holders would get them cheaper then $650 for the pair. GO NINERS!!!!

Post a pic
Share 49ersWebzone