LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISO 49ERS BYE WEEK THREAD (Week 9)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I gotta agree with you mainly on the coaches getting cute with the play calling. The reason I think they got a little carried away or got away from the offenses image, because of Kaepernicks arm strength and mobility. I mean, kinda don't blame them cause of week 1 vs. Green Bay, but if things aren't going your way for god sake make some half time adjustments.

and it's not that kap can't throw for 300 yards a game we can win on his arm

but you can't expect him to do it with 1 passing weapons and 1 of them is a tight end.

when the weapons come back and we keep the running game the offense can be what it should be
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
This. To add to the comments about our coaching being too cute, there is a very large contrast from the offensive play calls that were being made, compared to the ones they are calling now. I just hope that the return of some of these receivers does not make Roman change the way he is calling plays over the last 5 games.

exactly it should be run with power, not cute run plays, that's my main problem. don't get cute running, power.

and then pass plays that's fine we'll have weapons to make some of these routes actually work.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Anquan Boldin calling a timeout at the line of scrimmage just before the play clock expires as Kaepernick is still checking the defense and making line calls in a neutral environment while up three touchdowns says otherwise.

yes single out a play, in the game, after 8 games. yes 1 play.

sunday was the first time we had inexplicable issues with the clock all season and that's because they have worked hard to get the plays in on time.

if you need your qb to make the right calls give him the right time. don't give him a play with 11 seconds on the play clock and then a shift then a decision.. that's not how an offense can work
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
mangini's gotta keep roman in check

he just clearly wasn't listening to him. clearly

after the 2nd loss and mangini probably broke it down again like he did before the game and they came to a decision about listening to his defensive advice.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
1-2 against teams records over .500, outscored 44-84.

Kaepernick hasn't convinced me he can make line calls in a timely manner and manage the play clock. I also don't think he's fully healthy, though he's clearly ran with purpose these past two games.

There are only two teams in the league with winning records against .500+ opponents. Cincinnati and Indy. Not only is it difficult, but it's mathematically difficult.

Not even KC or Denver have winning records against .500+ opponents.

Kansas City hasn't played an opponent above .500 and Denver has played one team. Your sample size is smaller than Alex's hands.

Yes, that's true, that's why it is mathematically difficult. My sample size is the entire league. There are only two teams who have a winning record against .500+ opponents. It's not a common thing. Even if you flipped a coin to determine the winner of each game, it would be rare to have winning records against .500+ opponents.
^ lmfao u 2 basically agreed re: KC
i enjoy how every analyst tries to discredit our streak saying we're beating up on bad teams but have nothing to say about the seahawks who have literally played the same schedule as us sans we got the packers and they played the panthers...

i also enjoy them saying we can't throw the ball... totally ignoring the fact that our primary wr hasn't played a snap this season, meanwhile sidney went down and its going to be noted every single game that he isn't there when Wilson has a bad game... same with luck too...if he comes out stinking theyll say well he doesn't have reggie wayne to be fair... meanwhile its never brought up just how many injuries we've had or people we're missing
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, go!

Originally posted by jonesadrian:
i enjoy how every analyst tries to discredit our streak saying we're beating up on bad teams but have nothing to say about the seahawks who have literally played the same schedule as us sans we got the packers and they played the panthers...

i also enjoy them saying we can't throw the ball... totally ignoring the fact that our primary wr hasn't played a snap this season, meanwhile sidney went down and its going to be noted every single game that he isn't there when Wilson has a bad game... same with luck too...if he comes out stinking theyll say well he doesn't have reggie wayne to be fair... meanwhile its never brought up just how many injuries we've had or people we're missing
Idiots yet we are the barometer game for most teams

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Go, Niners, go!

• thl408
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

Idiots yet we are the barometer game for most teams

There was a segment on the NFLNetwork and one of the player analysts mentioned how the loss of Crabs hasn't been talked about much because it happened early in the offseason. Had it occurred, say in the preseason, it would have made bigger headlines and might be mentioned more often when analyzing the 49er's passing game.
Go, Niners, go!

Originally posted by thl408:
There was a segment on the NFLNetwork and one of the player analysts mentioned how the loss of Crabs hasn't been talked about much because it happened early in the offseason. Had it occurred, say in the preseason, it would have made bigger headlines and might be mentioned more often when analyzing the 49er's passing game.

that might be true but if you look at the team and they're missing the #1 wr for any other team they don't just ignore it. i think its a compliment to our team and to kap that they would be so hard on him that even without 2 of his primary weapons they judge him to those high standards. keep in mind boldin is top 10 in receiving yards at the midway point, on pace for 1g... amazing considering who the other wr's have been.

davis already has 7td and gore is #3 in rushing

and we haven't even used everyone yet nor have we been at full strength
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Go, Niners, go!

Share 49ersWebzone