LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISO 49ERS BYE WEEK THREAD (Week 9)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tohara3:
Loving all of the good & positive news we are hearing so far on this bye week. Mario Manningham close to being back, espn reporting Eric Wright close to being back & Aldon Smith being released from rehab. Enjoying this bye week already!

9ers didn't need no trade deadline to get stronger, they got stronger within. 9ers 6-2 without Crabtree, Aldon Smith, Mario Manningham, Eric Wright and Tank Carradine. That's a lot of talent stored away. I just can't wait to see Manningham lined up across from Boldin....that's gonna be fun to watch.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Loving all of the good & positive news we are hearing so far on this bye week. Mario Manningham close to being back, espn reporting Eric Wright close to being back & Aldon Smith being released from rehab. Enjoying this bye week already!

9ers didn't need no trade deadline to get stronger, they got stronger within. 9ers 6-2 without Crabtree, Aldon Smith, Mario Manningham, Eric Wright and Tank Carradine. That's a lot of talent stored away. I just can't wait to see Manningham lined up across from Boldin....that's gonna be fun to watch.

Yessaahhh
Originally posted by Kolohe:

1-2 against teams records over .500, outscored 44-84.

Kaepernick hasn't convinced me he can make line calls in a timely manner and manage the play clock. I also don't think he's fully healthy, though he's clearly ran with purpose these past two games.
QUEST for
````
````````

`````````
`````````
`````````
`````````

````
This team reminds me of the 2005 Steelers in a funny/odd way. Went into the season with injuries, a talented young QB entering his first year as the 'complete' starter, tough D with infinite depth, franchise RB looking to go out with a ring, coach who doesn't take s**t off of anybody, and 6-2 going into week 9.
Originally posted by redrathman:

Kaepernick hasn't convinced me he can make line calls in a timely manner and manage the play clock. I also don't think he's fully healthy, though he's clearly ran with purpose these past two games.
that's purely on coaching and being too cute.

especially the 2 losses were the times we were supposed to run the ball on those 2 teams, its our strength and their weakness and we didn't major coaching error.

the rams just racked up a truck load of yards on the seahawks do you mean to tell me that the rams offensive line and running game is better than ours? nope they just didn't run any cute plays they ran with power.

the chargers ran all over the colts, is the chargers line and running game better than ours? nope. they just looked at the tape and the fact that the colts are giving up 5 yards per carry and adjusted accordingly.

as far as line calls, he's been excellent sans last game, and that is because of getting the plays in. if they get the plays in immediately he generally has no trouble making the calls before the snap and getting it off. even later in the game he had no problems with it either.
[ Edited by jonesadrian on Oct 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

that's purely on coaching and being too cute.

especially the 2 losses were the times we were supposed to run the ball on those 2 teams, its our strength and their weakness and we didn't major coaching error.

the rams just racked up a truck load of yards on the seahawks do you mean to tell me that the rams offensive line and running game is better than ours? nope they just didn't run any cute plays they ran with power.

the chargers ran all over the colts, is the chargers line and running game better than ours? nope. they just looked at the tape and the fact that the colts are giving up 5 yards per carry and adjusted accordingly.

as far as line calls, he's been excellent sans last game, and that is because of getting the plays in. if they get the plays in immediately he generally has no trouble making the calls before the snap and getting it off. even later in the game he had no problems with it either.

I gotta agree with you mainly on the coaches getting cute with the play calling. The reason I think they got a little carried away or got away from the offenses image, because of Kaepernicks arm strength and mobility. I mean, kinda don't blame them cause of week 1 vs. Green Bay, but if things aren't going your way for god sake make some half time adjustments.

Lol..c'mon maaaan
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This team reminds me of the 2005 Steelers in a funny/odd way. Went into the season with injuries, a talented young QB entering his first year as the 'complete' starter, tough D with infinite depth, franchise RB looking to go out with a ring, coach who doesn't take s**t off of anybody, and 6-2 going into week 9.

ooh, can we beat seattle in the Super Bowl too?

There are only two teams in the league with winning records against .500+ opponents. Cincinnati and Indy. Not only is it difficult, but it's mathematically difficult.

Not even KC or Denver have winning records against .500+ opponents.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Oct 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM ]

Originally posted by BrianGO:

There are only two teams in the league with winning records against .500+ opponents. Cincinnati and Indy. Not only is it difficult, but it's mathematically difficult.

This. To add to the comments about our coaching being too cute, there is a very large contrast from the offensive play calls that were being made, compared to the ones they are calling now. I just hope that the return of some of these receivers does not make Roman change the way he is calling plays over the last 5 games.
mangini's gotta keep roman in check
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Lol..c'mon maaaan

Anquan Boldin calling a timeout at the line of scrimmage just before the play clock expires as Kaepernick is still checking the defense and making line calls in a neutral environment while up three touchdowns says otherwise.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Kansas City hasn't played an opponent above .500 and Denver has played one team. Your sample size is smaller than Alex's hands.
  • thl408
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

I like where you're going with that comparison.

If the playoffs started today, the 49ers would travel to DAL for a game as the 5th seed in the NFC.
Share 49ersWebzone