LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISO 49ERS BYE WEEK THREAD (Week 9)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Aldon who ?

Lemonier 2.0
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The Panthers have the #2 defense in the league right now. They're no pushover. This will be a tough game and a good test for where the Niners offense is right now.

I agree. This is a great game at a great time though. We've dominated lesser competition which is what great teams do. Now our offense has gotten better and we have a great test at home to see where we're at. It'll be a tough game but i do expect to win. The panthers are no pushovers and I believe the team knows that. They were damn near paranoid for the Jags and that turned out great. I doubt they are overlooking th Panthers. AND we have a bye week. We're pretty much unbeatable after a bye week.
5 game winning streak! Keep it up boys. Feels so good to see that on the stat line.
The Panthers have the #2 defense in the league right now. They're no pushover. This will be a tough game and a good test for where the Niners offense is right now.

What's interesting about this game is that the Panthers have a better run defense than they do a pass defense. It'll be interesting to see how we gameplan for this game.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Aldon who ?

Lemonier 2.0

how dare you
Originally posted by real9erfan:
What's interesting about this game is that the Panthers have a better run defense than they do a pass defense. It'll be interesting to see how we gameplan for this game.

Hopefully we can replicate what we did against Green Bay but with more runs to set up the pass.
Originally posted by Antix:

I agree. This is a great game at a great time though. We've dominated lesser competition which is what great teams do. Now our offense has gotten better and we have a great test at home to see where we're at. It'll be a tough game but i do expect to win. The panthers are no pushovers and I believe the team knows that. They were damn near paranoid for the Jags and that turned out great. I doubt they are overlooking th Panthers. AND we have a bye week. We're pretty much unbeatable after a bye week.

I do agree this will be a tough game. Most of it will depend on if we can disrupt Newton & get him uncomfortable early & often. If we don't disrupt the Panthers offense early we could be in for a long day.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ltrain:

Hopefully we can replicate what we did against Green Bay but with more runs to set up the pass.

Got to keep running the read-option. Kap is unstoppable in it and it gives us an edge in passing game.
Loving all of the good & positive news we are hearing so far on this bye week. Mario Manningham close to being back, espn reporting Eric Wright close to being back & Aldon Smith being released from rehab. Enjoying this bye week already!
Well its seems like were cutting all the guys that was inactive for a couple of games if not all games which is obvious. So I wonder who are the guys that are going to get caught up with the numbers game and be the new inactives in already a deep roster cause we can only suit up 46 out of 53 players. Here are my 7 inactive players.
MBT, Looney, Dobbs, LMJ, Baldwin, Ventron, Asomugha/Cox (Depends if Nnamdi is still here, and if Wright gets activated). The first three is obvious, but after that it gets harder because the roster is soo deep and they want LMJ to be involved in the gameplan and some guys have special teams values. What you guys think?

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Well its seems like were cutting all the guys that was inactive for a couple of games if not all games which is obvious. So I wonder who are the guys that are going to get caught up with the numbers game and be the new inactives in already a deep roster cause we can only suit up 46 out of 53 players. Here are my 7 inactive players.
MBT, Looney, Dobbs, LMJ, Baldwin, Ventron, Asomugha/Cox (Depends if Nnamdi is still here, and if Wright gets activated). The first three is obvious, but after that it gets harder because the roster is soo deep and they want LMJ to be involved in the gameplan and some guys have special teams values. What you guys think?

Ventrone is not going to be inactive he is on every coverage unit and is the punters personal protector. I think Dobbs and Asomugha will get cut for Wright and Moody.

MBT, Looney, TJE or Dial, Baldwin, Cox (maybe) Moody or Stupar anyones guess for #7 maybe LMJ
Originally posted by mayo49:

Got to keep running the read-option. Kap is unstoppable in it and it gives us an edge in passing game.

I want us to have a game where we don't have a run/pass ratio of almost 3:1. I want the coaches to take the handcuffs off the passing game and put it in the air 25-30 times. The Read option is great because it makes Kaep comfortable, he's still not totally comfortable being under center. Basically, with Manningham coming back, I want more pass attempts per game.
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
Originally posted by mayo49:

I want us to have a game where we don't have a run/pass ratio of almost 3:1. I want the coaches to take the handcuffs off the passing game and put it in the air 25-30 times. The Read option is great because it makes Kaep comfortable, he's still not totally comfortable being under center. Basically, with Manningham coming back, I want more pass attempts per game.
I want to do what ever keeps bringing W's and 30+ points a game.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Ventrone is not going to be inactive he is on every coverage unit and is the punters personal protector. I think Dobbs and Asomugha will get cut for Wright and Moody.

MBT, Looney, TJE or Dial, Baldwin, Cox (maybe) Moody or Stupar anyones guess for #7 maybe LMJ

Also put Patton on there while he is hurt. There will always be someone dinged up that will be inactive.

Also put Patton on there while he is hurt. There will always be someone dinged up that will be inactive.

Good catch on Patton, I totally forgot about him.
Share 49ersWebzone