LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

TRADE OR NO TRADE

Shop Find 49ers gear online

TRADE OR NO TRADE

Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
Interesting trade proposed by @AdamSchefter: Browns WR Josh Gordon to the 49ers for a second-round pick and WR Jon Baldwin

Wait is this an acual trade proposal we made or is Schefter just having fun?
"#Browns Chud: "We have no plans of trading any of our guys, including Josh (Gordon). We're not shopping'' them." Well that sucks.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thechad49:
Interesting trade proposed by @AdamSchefter: Browns WR Josh Gordon to the 49ers for a second-round pick and WR Jon Baldwin

Schefter is just tweeting out a scenario but IMO it could be one of the "standing offers" and Schefter is just trying to drive up traffic to ESPN and such by saying it without calling it a real proposal.

I also just said this in another thread but the Buccaneers just placed Mike Williams on IR and outside of Jackson the rest of their WRs are unproven UDFAs and below average journeymen. Expect them to be in the market for a WR because Schiano and Dominik will be fighting for the jobs and even if it isn't Gordon I won't bat an eyelash if they trade for Nicks or Britt let alone a fringe WR like Jon Baldwin or a similar player.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Yea it seems weird how specific Schefter was about Baldwin.

On a sidenote, does the front office admit crabs and ham wont be 100% the players they were before injury by trading for gordon? If so, that makes me worried
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
I want to win now! We whiffed on 2 super bowl chances already.. I want now!! Someone call trent and tell him now!! Not next year or 5 years from now.. Gordon is a security blanket until crab and mario are ready.. You cannot put that weight on 2 recievers coming back from serious injuries..
we are 6-2 and have found a formula to beat just about anyone we face from here on out , plus guys who are coming back,,, and yet some feel gordon is the chosen one who has to ride in here on his white horse accompanied by his indian companion to save our lost season and people think i over react

Yes we are 6-2.. We lost to seattle and indy... None of those teams that we have beaten in my opinion match up to those 2 teams we have lost too. Seattle schedule is very easy.. If they dont lose again then that game in san fran is meaningless.. I dont want to go to seattle in the playoffs and expect mario and crabtree to be our savior. I think im being a little bit more realistic than over reacting? Yes we are winning... Your right but theres also a team getting healthier and adding percy to their already dangerous offense.. Using gordon and slowly working crab and mario would be wise.. Because in my opinion with those 2 serious injuries we cannot expect them to be what they were..
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I wouldn't mind trading Dix, even if he is the man, b/c it would allow us to play LMJ

you lose dix and his versatility plus he is a demon on our special teams which i do not think you f**k with. james on the other hand can not pass block, he can get the tough yard on third and one like dixon can. he still can not return punts in my opinion so basically all he can do is return kicks. no i would rather dump james,,, and dix is a good locker room guy, all james does is welp on social media about his lack of playing time

I want us to keep Baldwin, we can deal Kyle Williams or Marlon Moore
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I want to win now! We whiffed on 2 super bowl chances already.. I want now!! Someone call trent and tell him now!! Not next year or 5 years from now.. Gordon is a security blanket until crab and mario are ready.. You cannot put that weight on 2 recievers coming back from serious injuries..
we are 6-2 and have found a formula to beat just about anyone we face from here on out , plus guys who are coming back,,, and yet some feel gordon is the chosen one who has to ride in here on his white horse accompanied by his indian companion to save our lost season and people think i over react

Yes we are 6-2.. We lost to seattle and indy... None of those teams that we have beaten in my opinion match up to those 2 teams we have lost too. Seattle schedule is very easy.. If they dont lose again then that game in san fran is meaningless.. I dont want to go to seattle in the playoffs and expect mario and crabtree to be our savior. I think im being a little bit more realistic than over reacting? Yes we are winning... Your right but theres also a team getting healthier and adding percy to their already dangerous offense.. Using gordon and slowly working crab and mario would be wise.. Because in my opinion with those 2 serious injuries we cannot expect them to be what they were..
i would love a chance to go to seattle. if you are scared then you should not play the game. going to seattle and beating them up there should be a challenge embraced by everyone. to beat them in the second most important game a team will ever play up there would be sweet. even if those guys are not 100 per cent, our current formula and those two at even 75 per cent would make us better than we are now,, and right now we are pretty darn good.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Poor Baldwin...dude gets tossd around like a wild boar in heat
a first round pick for gordon,,, some things are not even worth answering

We'd remove ourselves from the obligation of paying salaries to multiple top 64 (1 2014 1st rd, 1 2012 2nd rd) selections while adding a top 10 WR for a fraction of the cap hit. It's not that crazy.
[ Edited by ESWYoung08 on Oct 28, 2013 at 9:27 AM ]

i would love a chance to go to seattle. if you are scared then you should not play the game. going to seattle and beating them up there should be a challenge embraced by everyone. to beat them in the second most important game a team will ever play up there would be sweet. even if those guys are not 100 per cent, our current formula and those two at even 75 per cent would make us better than we are now,, and right now we are pretty darn good.

I hope you right brotha... Im tired of wiffing from the nfc chapionship game to last years super bowl. I do not trust kyle and in my opinion this move would help us out alot. That means no more fair catching and another weapon to Colin bc we have a qb with an arm now.. Why not give him another weapon when our receivers have shown they cant step up.. We wont be able to hide that flaw against great teams, maybe average teams? The only receiver doing anything is boldin.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

Schefter is just tweeting out a scenario but IMO it could be one of the "standing offers" and Schefter is just trying to drive up traffic to ESPN and such by saying it without calling it a real proposal.

I also just said this in another thread but the Buccaneers just placed Mike Williams on IR and outside of Jackson the rest of their WRs are unproven UDFAs and below average journeymen. Expect them to be in the market for a WR because Schiano and Dominik will be fighting for the jobs and even if it isn't Gordon I won't bat an eyelash if they trade for Nicks or Britt let alone a fringe WR like Jon Baldwin or a similar player.

Baldwin was sick and inactive.

The illness might have tradeitus--which is not entirely uncommon in the NFL.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
when was the last time one of our recievers caught a bomb over their shoulder in stride and go untouched for a TD?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
when was the last time one of our recievers caught a bomb over their shoulder in stride and go untouched for a TD?

Vernon in the 2011 NFCCG. Maybe he did it last year too but I dunno.

Crabtree has caught intermediates and gone untouched for a TD though lol.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Baldwin was sick and inactive.

The illness might have tradeitus--which is not entirely uncommon in the NFL.

lol very true.

I like Baldwin and would like to see him become something for us but I'm under no illusions and know that they'll trade him and completely close the books on the AJ Jenkins debacle.

They'll just hear media for a day or 2 about it and than it'll be like AJ Jenkins never happened.
Share 49ersWebzone