LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

TRADE OR NO TRADE

Shop Find 49ers gear online

TRADE OR NO TRADE

• buck
  • Veteran
Josh Gordon wants to stay with Cleveland Browns

"I do want to stay in Cleveland," said Gordon, via the Akron Beacon-Journal. "Cleveland is my first home, the team I got drafted to. It's a great place to be. I love the fans in Cleveland and everything about it, but business is business."

http://fansided.com/2013/10/28/nfl-trade-rumors-josh-gordon-wants-stay-cleveland-browns/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Around%20the%20Network

Josh Gordon: "Teams have been calling for weeks on him and the Browns have let other clubs know they are willing to listen to offers on pretty much anyone on their roster, but would likely take a second-round pick and a player with some value, at the least, to pry him away. There have been enough discussions about him that I can't rule it out entirely, but someone would have to really give the Browns something to think about with their offer."

http://www.capitalbay.com/football/407443-latest-trade-rumors-surrounding-allen-gordon.html

Just feeding the flames.
Given that any new receiver we bring in here, the bigger question is, how many years would it take for HaRoMan to feel comfortable to dial them up for more than a play or two a game? I believe they feel comfortable with Gore, VD and Boldin. Then I feel there is a trust factor with Manningham and Crabtree. So any receiver we bring in now would be LUCKY to get a single play dialed up for him. So what's the point?
Get Gordon.... We need a wr and a punt returner... I do not want kyle williams on this team in the playoffs... That guy needs to go... 2 birds with one stone... Get Gordon!!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by daragon:
Originally posted by dj43:
Josh Gordon is certainly a talent on the field but off the field and around the locker room, he is a train wreck. With Aldon Smith coming back (at some time) from his own off field issues to face likely league action, I doubt Baalke is willing to add another "problem child" to the roster.

If there is a trade, it won't be for Gordon.

You don't know that at all. The 49ers have no trouble bringing in guys with character concerns. We have a great locker room and a solid coaching staff. Your fears of a problem child are numbed down.

They have no problems because they don't bring in guys with character issues. That is why they have been so careful to do personal interviews with players, coaches and people around them in the past. Aldon was a surprise.

As we can all clearly see, Harbaugh/Roman is all about power running. WRs are only there to block and when passing is necessary. That is another reason why I highly doubt they will take a chance on a guy who is a me-first problem child when they would prefer not to pass in the first place.

I recognize Gordon's talent but I just don't believe his down side is worth the risk for a team that does not place a high value on the pass.

LOL. Where is all this Gordon is a problem child talk coming from? He got caught with codiene in his system which may or may not be a legit. Plenty of players have got caught with banned subs before, even Gonzo. It's not like Gordon is racking up DUI's and gun charges.

He is one substance abuse away from a minimum mandatory suspension of one year.

He got caught twice with codeine in his system twice. I think that makes him a problem child, but maybe I am not being fair to him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
you guys act like we HAVE to bring in a wide out. we do not HAVE to do anything in my opinion. we are built right now to make a deep playoff run and will only get better with guys coming back. sheesh
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the pats will end up with gordon in my opinion, watch him go to the packers and everyone who already has gordon in a niner uniform will have a good old fashioned cciowa meltdown
Originally posted by cciowa:
you guys act like we HAVE to bring in a wide out. we do not HAVE to do anything in my opinion. we are built right now to make a deep playoff run and will only get better with guys coming back. sheesh

With Seattle playing the way the are... Crabtree coming back from acl injury you cannot expect him to come back to his last years form. That kind of injury you just do not come back to form in 6 months. He had a complete tear not a partial tear.. Manningham too. You have to take that into consideration
I hope crabtree and and mario come back lighting it up again but those injuries are not those they can easily recover from. Mental or physically
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Oct 28, 2013 at 8:48 AM ]
If I were Baalke I would do this: Lamichael James and our 1st rd pick for Josh Gordon. I'd package the two second rounders for HaHa Clinton Dix S and I'd resign Brock and Brown by cutting Carlos Rogers. Find Replacements for our other free agents in the rest of the draft.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by cciowa:

With Seattle playing the way the are... Crabtree coming back from acl injury you cannot expect him to come back to his last years form. That kind of injury you just do not come back to form in 6 months. He had a complete tear not a partial tear.. Manningham too. You have to take that into consideration
i also know there are alot of ways to win a football game and while some are just so focused in on seattle,, if we do not win games between now and then the seattle game will mean nothing. our game plan we have had in place in the last few games can continue to carry us past teams in my opinion. we will be a different, better and (HOPEFULLY) a better coached team the next time we face the hawks as compared to the first time we faced them.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
If I were Baalke I would do this: Lamichael James and our 1st rd pick for Josh Gordon. I'd package the two second rounders for HaHa Clinton Dix S and I'd resign Brock and Brown by cutting Carlos Rogers. Find Replacements for our other free agents in the rest of the draft.
a first round pick for gordon,,, some things are not even worth answering
I want to win now! We whiffed on 2 super bowl chances already.. I want now!! Someone call trent and tell him now!! Not next year or 5 years from now.. Gordon is a security blanket until crab and mario are ready.. You cannot put that weight on 2 recievers coming back from serious injuries..
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:

That way when he made an INT the whole crowd can shout in unison "Ha ha."
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
I want to win now! We whiffed on 2 super bowl chances already.. I want now!! Someone call trent and tell him now!! Not next year or 5 years from now.. Gordon is a security blanket until crab and mario are ready.. You cannot put that weight on 2 recievers coming back from serious injuries..
we are 6-2 and have found a formula to beat just about anyone we face from here on out , plus guys who are coming back,,, and yet some feel gordon is the chosen one who has to ride in here on his white horse accompanied by his indian companion to save our lost season and people think i over react
I wouldn't mind trading Dix, even if he is the man, b/c it would allow us to play LMJ
Share 49ersWebzone