There are 369 users in the forums

TRADE OR NO TRADE

Shop Find 49ers gear online

TRADE OR NO TRADE

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cools:
Im going to predict Niners trade for a WR that can also return punts

Antonio Brown from the Steelers, Pitt isnt going anywhere.
or
Julian Edelman from the Pats, Pats just got Amendola back and their rookie recevers are getting better

Antonio Brown ? He is a bit small for my taste. The kid is only 25, why do you think the Steelers would trade him ? Even if they rebuild, he is young enough to be part of a rebuild.

As for Edelman, no way would the Pats be willing to trade him. He is Tom Brady's most reliable safety blanket. Forget about Amendola, the guy is made of glass, he will be injured again in no time (not that I wish that on him), but he has to be one of the most fragile players in the league.
When is the deadline?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
When is the deadline?

4pm ET, Tuesday, Oct 29, 2013.
We have to make a move for Josh Gordon. We need a big play WR. Crabtree and Boldin play right into what the Seattle CB's want to do, they are big and physical and can muscle Boldin and Crabtree. If the organization is serious about a Super Bowl, a 2nd for Gordon is a no brainer
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
We have to make a move for Josh Gordon. We need a big play WR. Crabtree and Boldin play right into what the Seattle CB's want to do, they are big and physical and can muscle Boldin and Crabtree. If the organization is serious about a Super Bowl, a 2nd for Gordon is a no brainer

I've been saying this the whole time. I completely agree. A 2nd round pick to truly put this team over the top is completely worth it. This team would explode if we had a WR to take the top off defenses. I think it's a no brainer and I hope the 49er front office doesn't step on their own toes with this. Get it done. We have the ammunition for a reason. It's there to be used for trades like this.
  • dj43
Josh Gordon is certainly a talent on the field but off the field and around the locker room, he is a train wreck. With Aldon Smith coming back (at some time) from his own off field issues to face likely league action, I doubt Baalke is willing to add another "problem child" to the roster.

If there is a trade, it won't be for Gordon.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by daragon:
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:

I've been saying this the whole time. I completely agree. A 2nd round pick to truly put this team over the top is completely worth it. This team would explode if we had a WR to take the top off defenses. I think it's a no brainer and I hope the 49er front office doesn't step on their own toes with this. Get it done. We have the ammunition for a reason. It's there to be used for trades like this.

There are 25 hours before the deadline.

That would mean that we will find out very quickly if the team is really serious about winning a Super Bowl.
Originally posted by buck:

That would mean that we will find out very quickly if the team is really serious about winning a Super Bowl.

Even if they don't make the trade, we still have a great team. I just think it's a no brainer due to the fact that you're getting a known 1st round type WR talent, for a 2nd round pick, for a cheap contract. This team has struggled to find talented WRs in the draft. This would bypass all of that, and bring someone in that could help us immensely going forward, this season and into the future.
Originally posted by dj43:
Josh Gordon is certainly a talent on the field but off the field and around the locker room, he is a train wreck. With Aldon Smith coming back (at some time) from his own off field issues to face likely league action, I doubt Baalke is willing to add another "problem child" to the roster.

You don't know that at all. The 49ers have no trouble bringing in guys with character concerns. We have a great locker room and a solid coaching staff. Your fears of a problem child are numbed down.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by cools:
Im going to predict Niners trade for a WR that can also return punts

Antonio Brown from the Steelers, Pitt isnt going anywhere.
or
Julian Edelman from the Pats, Pats just got Amendola back and their rookie recevers are getting better

Antonio Brown ? He is a bit small for my taste. The kid is only 25, why do you think the Steelers would trade him ? Even if they rebuild, he is young enough to be part of a rebuild.

As for Edelman, no way would the Pats be willing to trade him. He is Tom Brady's most reliable safety blanket. Forget about Amendola, the guy is made of glass, he will be injured again in no time (not that I wish that on him), but he has to be one of the most fragile players in the league.

not to mention AB is making a mere $625K this season but has a $8.5 signing bonus that I'm sure is still being paid out via pro-rated pay. Then his salary skyrockets to $6.5 M in 2014, $6M in 2015, $8M in 2016, $8M in 2017....No way we trade for a player that has that kind of contract that hasn't played in our system.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 28, 2013 at 8:14 AM ]

• dj43

You don't know that at all. The 49ers have no trouble bringing in guys with character concerns. We have a great locker room and a solid coaching staff. Your fears of a problem child are numbed down.

They have no problems because they don't bring in guys with character issues. That is why they have been so careful to do personal interviews with players, coaches and people around them in the past. Aldon was a surprise.

As we can all clearly see, Harbaugh/Roman is all about power running. WRs are only there to block and when passing is necessary. That is another reason why I highly doubt they will take a chance on a guy who is a me-first problem child when they would prefer not to pass in the first place.

I recognize Gordon's talent but I just don't believe his down side is worth the risk for a team that does not place a high value on the pass.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

Even if they don't make the trade, we still have a great team. I just think it's a no brainer due to the fact that you're getting a known 1st round type WR talent, for a 2nd round pick, for a cheap contract. This team has struggled to find talented WRs in the draft. This would bypass all of that, and bring someone in that could help us immensely going forward, this season and into the future.

First, I believe the team is seriously attempting to win a Super Bowl.

Second, the trade may be a no brainer, but that does not mean that the trade is possible.

Third, if the trade does not happen that does not mean that the team did not make a concerted serious effort to make the trade.

Fourth, the trade is not exactly a no brainer. In a little more than 1 year in the league Josh Gordon has put himself on the verge of a minimum mandatory suspension of one year. Not many players have done that so fast. There is a risk involved--and there is no denying that risk is both real and serious.

I am anxiously waiting to see what happens or does not happen.

They have no problems because they don't bring in guys with character issues. That is why they have been so careful to do personal interviews with players, coaches and people around them in the past. Aldon was a surprise.

As we can all clearly see, Harbaugh/Roman is all about power running. WRs are only there to block and when passing is necessary. That is another reason why I highly doubt they will take a chance on a guy who is a me-first problem child when they would prefer not to pass in the first place.

I recognize Gordon's talent but I just don't believe his down side is worth the risk for a team that does not place a high value on the pass.

LOL. Where is all this Gordon is a problem child talk coming from? He got caught with codiene in his system which may or may not be a legit. Plenty of players have got caught with banned subs before, even Gonzo. It's not like Gordon is racking up DUI's and gun charges.
I'm a hustler, I'd trade a two for Gordon, win the super bowl and then flip him in the off season for a first.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

LOL. Where is all this Gordon is a problem child talk coming from? He got caught with codiene in his system which may or may not be a legit. Plenty of players have got caught with banned subs before, even Gonzo. It's not like Gordon is racking up DUI's and gun charges.

Exactly. That doesn't make him a problem in the locker room either.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Oct 28, 2013 at 8:35 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone