LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 187 users in the forums

TRADE OR NO TRADE

Shop Find 49ers gear online

TRADE OR NO TRADE

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
with trade bait players like Dixon, Williams, Nnmandi, Dobbs the 49ers have a lot of chips to use and I expect alot of movement during the bye week

during the bye week? You mean in the next 48 hours? Trade deadline is Tuesday evening.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
with trade bait players like Dixon, Williams, Nnmandi, Dobbs the 49ers have a lot of chips to use and I expect alot of movement during the bye week

during the bye week? You mean in the next 48 hours? Trade deadline is Tuesday evening.

technically its already our bye week
Trading for Josh Gordon makes sense, but it likely won't happen-

But the risk of personal problems is such much less than the boon of a productive, cost-controlled player. This is why I have found the argument "we shouldn't trade for Gordon because we have Mario Manningham and Michael Crabtree coming back" to be unpersuasive. First, we don't know how healthy and productive they are going to be. And, even though the 49ers have much better vantage point from which to evaluate their potential productivity, they can't know either. Not until the two men are back on the field playing the game. Secondly, this trade wouldn't net us a player for this season and nothing else. Gordon would stick around, finishing out his contract with the 49ers. We would be bringing in talent for the next few years; he's a free agent in 2016.

Moreover, what is the point of stockpiling draft picks if you aren't going to use them in a high leverage situation? I think we sometimes have this Smaug-like attitude: horde ALL THE DRAFT PICKS! We can't dragon-sit on them forever. Utilize those resources.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/10/26/5031480/josh-gordon-trade-rumors-49ers-trent-baalke
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Trading for Josh Gordon makes sense, but it likely won't happen-

But the risk of personal problems is such much less than the boon of a productive, cost-controlled player. This is why I have found the argument "we shouldn't trade for Gordon because we have Mario Manningham and Michael Crabtree coming back" to be unpersuasive. First, we don't know how healthy and productive they are going to be. And, even though the 49ers have much better vantage point from which to evaluate their potential productivity, they can't know either. Not until the two men are back on the field playing the game. Secondly, this trade wouldn't net us a player for this season and nothing else. Gordon would stick around, finishing out his contract with the 49ers. We would be bringing in talent for the next few years; he's a free agent in 2016.

Moreover, what is the point of stockpiling draft picks if you aren't going to use them in a high leverage situation? I think we sometimes have this Smaug-like attitude: horde ALL THE DRAFT PICKS! We can't dragon-sit on them forever. Utilize those resources.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/10/26/5031480/josh-gordon-trade-rumors-49ers-trent-baalke
If it's such a slam dunk, then why hasn't anyone traded for him? There are many teams that could use an upgrade at wide receiver. Obviously front offices see the risk of losing him for a year-long suspension as very real; I think the risk aspect is greatly understated.
Josh Gordon I like.......BUT he really scares me as far as off field issues. He has top round talent & production but does he have the hunger to succeed? I'd give Clevage a 3rd and Lamichael James for Josh Gordon.
Trades will never happen in the nfl. I can only pray to god that Patton woudl be the 4th WR while Crabtree and Manny would be the 2nd and 3rd Wr's respectively.
Jared Allen!!!!!!!
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Trades will never happen in the nfl. I can only pray to god that Patton woudl be the 4th WR while Crabtree and Manny would be the 2nd and 3rd Wr's respectively.

How can you say NEVER when Jon Beason, Levi Brown, Eugene Monroe, and Trent Richardson have been traded in the last two months? Just asking.........
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

How can you say NEVER when Jon Beason, Levi Brown, Eugene Monroe, and Trent Richardson have been traded in the last two months? Just asking.........

I agree with the amount of injuries happening around the league now a days things are changing imo
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Jared Allen!!!!!!!

I wish, but that'll be expensive doe

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Is the FO slick enough to trick a team into trading Williams for a shiny new penny?
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
Interesting trade proposed by @AdamSchefter: Browns WR Josh Gordon to the 49ers for a second-round pick and WR Jon Baldwin
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Jared Allen!!!!!!!

I wish, but that'll be expensive doe

Jared Allen isn't going anywhere with his contract. Vikes will probably cut in offseason for savings even if they have bigger problems, new coach & qb to start with.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Is the FO slick enough to trick a team into trading Williams for a shiny new penny?

Not even worth a penny found in the sewer at this point.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
We should trade for Jared Allen

yes
Share 49ersWebzone