LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

4 wins in a row

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is our year, we are overcoming adversity and it will make us better in the end, superbowl champs!
<div_prefs id="div_prefs">
I'M HYPE
That's better than last year. We need to go on a heck of a run. We really can't lose too many more. Seattle will really push us for the division. I don't see them losing many.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Didn't do it once last season. This team is doing things. Finding it's identity.

the irony in this post is that the "identity" that has won 4 games in a row for us is completely run first with game manager QB tactics, only difference is Kaep is a truly dynamic threat and showed it today. If anybody other than Kaep was back there the Zone would be freaking out.

Still excited about the win streak but someone else already said it...Just Davis and Boldin with catches again with an awesome but singular catch by McDonald.

It really is a constant 7 catches from Vernon, 7 from Boldin, 2 or 3 from Gore and 1 from "insert random player here" every week. Hopefully this changes soon.
Originally posted by sfout:
Didn't do it once last season. This team is doing things. Finding it's identity.

the irony in this post is that the "identity" that has won 4 games in a row for us is completely run first with game manager QB tactics, only difference is Kaep is a truly dynamic threat and showed it today. If anybody other than Kaep was back there the Zone would be freaking out.

Still excited about the win streak but someone else already said it...Just Davis and Boldin with catches again with an awesome but singular catch by McDonald.

It really is a constant 7 catches from Vernon, 7 from Boldin, 2 or 3 from Gore and 1 from "insert random player here" every week. Hopefully this changes soon.
It will once Kap has Crabtree and Mario to throw to

I don't think Gore has caught the ball often at all this year. I get what you mean though, one game he completed passes to like 6 diff guys, but it was like 7 to VD, 4 to Q, and 1 to each of the Bruce, Baldwin, Vance, Kyle W bunch.
Kaep looked good today. He seemed more comfortable. He had a few throws today that I don't think he would have attempted 5 weeks ago. That's a good sign. The line looked better in pass protection too.

Depth on the defensive line is a legitimate concern since the Niners are essentially starting nobodies (This is not a knock on Baalke or Harbaugh, just an acknowledgement that when you're starter and backup leave in free agency, and the incumbent afterward blows his knee, that's hard to replace). They did hold up well enough throughout the game though.

Keep in mind this is a Niners squad that is as injured as we've ever seen in the 5+ past years. They're down their top two wideouts, starting nose tackle, "nickle" corner in Culliver, Justin Smith, Dorsey and McDonald and Willis are all playing hurt as well. Damn near half the starting defense is ailing in some way and the Niners have been playing well through it all the past month.

So let's hope the Niners can go to London, play another solid game, get a W and come home for the bye to let the team rest up. This team absolutely needs it.

THIS. Kaepernick simply can make things happen, whether its being a threat with his feet or chucking the ball downfield, this isn't a heavy passing offense but its nice to know when they need to move the ball, Kaepernick is capable of being explosive.
and theyve all been over 30 point leads

I'm kind of glad we are 5-2 and kind of flying under the radar. Right now the Seahawks, Saints, Chiefs, and Broncos are getting all the hype, let them have it. If all our chips fall into place, we will be getting all our guns back around mid to late November just in time to make a crazy playoff run.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I'm kind of glad we are 5-2 and kind of flying under the radar. Right now the Seahawks, Saints, Chiefs, and Broncos are getting all the hype, let them have it. If all our chips fall into place, we will be getting all our guns back around mid to late November just in time to make a crazy playoff run.

awww yeeeaaah!!!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

THIS. Kaepernick simply can make things happen, whether its being a threat with his feet or chucking the ball downfield, this isn't a heavy passing offense but its nice to know when they need to move the ball, Kaepernick is capable of being explosive.

I agree man, this has always been my thing with Kaep. We don't need him to be Drew Brees or Peyton Manning, just let him step up when it counts and make the big throw/run. Other than that we will control the game with running and short passes, bleed it out so to speak.
I'm still worried about what happens to our offense onces defenses sell all out to stop the run. Does Roman and Harbaugh be themselves and keep plowing into a wall with little to no success? Or do we start going pass first when that happens. I believe it's a legitimate concern. We still aren't passing the ball near good enough. 21 attempts is very few especially for an entire game. I just feel like it should be more of a even split on the run and pass.
Share 49ersWebzone