LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 155 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 11)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
we can win this game for sure...am i confident? no but it can be done if our offense steps the f**k up
I feel like as long as T.O is not an honorary captain.......we will win!
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
I hope these receivers start stepping up...? Another lost bc of no wr help... No trade before the dead line. Start praying when crabtree comes back bc its so unreal this damn problem.. Kap this kap that.. How about giving the f&@&ing guy some weapons???!!! Go niners...

I hope we start doing better too but at the same time we can't blame it all on receivers. We were still winning games when we had Ginn and Swain in our starting lineup a couple years ago.

CK has been absolutely terrible in his off games. And aside from maybe one game, hasn't really been "lights out" in any others. Additionally, we are not utilizing our talent properly. McDonald should be used on TE screens -- he can bowl over people in the open field. Manningham is quick and should be great on WR screens as well as clear-out routes (have Baldwin & Boldin go deep to clear out the underneath and then drop it to Mario for a big gain).

Hunter and James are barely used in the passing game whatsoever. We HAVE players we can to at least ATTEMPT to see if we can get something going, but we haven't tried anything like that.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 12, 2013 at 11:23 AM ]
lets hope they score a TD
[ Edited by rxrunner on Nov 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM ]
RUN THE BALL.

Kaep
Gore
Hunter
James

Bring it every possible way we can and pound them into submission. Keep that offense off of the field and wear down that pretender of a defense. I do not care what they are ranked on defense, they are no Carolina/Seattle, we CAN pound it on them.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
RUN THE BALL.

Kaep
Gore
Hunter
James

Bring it every possible way we can and pound them into submission. Keep that offense off of the field and wear down that pretender of a defense. I do not care what they are ranked on defense, they are no Carolina/Seattle, we CAN pound it on them.

Agreed. We can't count on the passing game at all. Their only option to keep up with Brees is to keep him off the field. If the 49ers allow the Saints to get more than 28 points its game over. This is tough game for the 49ers no matter how you slice it and I have no faith in them offensively. They didn't just lose to every contender on the schedule. They got completely embarrassed by ALL of them. This has been a disturbing trend ever since Harbaugh got here. The recipe to beat this team has not changed and the coaching staff has done NOTHING to change it.
Trade Brees for CK... straight up!

If Saints were smart, they'd play 8-9 men in the box to stop the run until CK proves he can beat them with his arm like in Week 1. Ugh, I hope they're not that smart.
Go get Ed Reed
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

If Saints were smart, they'd play 8-9 men in the box to stop the run until CK proves he can beat them with his arm like in Week 1. Ugh, I hope they're not that smart.

Or do one better and copy what the Panthers did by loading 8 in the box, coax Kap to audible into a pass, then drop back in coverage as the play clock winds to zero when we snap. This is a serious problem that's been discussed a lot here. By wasting so much time getting the ball snapped, we effectively run out of time to read the defense and by running the play clock down to zero, the defensive line/blitzers know exactly when to let loose. Hopefully we make some fundamental changes in our offensive game play because we won't have any timeouts left for game management decisions this week when/if the crowd gets wild in NOLA.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/11/harbaugh-49ers-considering-adding-tight-end-after-injury-filled-game.html

Hopefully this has more to do with depth in Celek versus losing VD for a bit (sorry if this was already posted).

Originally posted by Donnies49ers:
I feel like as long as T.O is not an honorary captain.......we will win!

TO is Badluck Shleprock!
Originally posted by ltrain:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/11/harbaugh-49ers-considering-adding-tight-end-after-injury-filled-game.html

Hopefully this has more to do with depth in Celek versus losing VD for a bit (sorry if this was already posted).

I would love to see the game plan with Vernon out(I can only wish this won't be the case), conventional thinking would say "run it until they prove they can stop it, then run some more".

Roman's logic is "Run it until they prove they can't stop it, then abandon the run completely".
KW is getting released.
This is long over due.
Any saints fans show up yet?
I have no idea how this turns out. If we lose I think we can all call the playoffs pretty much gone.
Share 49ersWebzone