There are 321 users in the forums

2013 - Week 6: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Boldin had a huge game in week 1. Davis had a huge game in week 6. It looks like for our passing game to succeed, one of these two should be having a huge game. I'm not sure if that is sustainable.
I also noticed that Seatte is primarily relying on Lynch, more and more each game. The Cardinals should stop this one guy, and let's see if Seattle can still win this.

It's NOT sustainable...which is why the 49ers need to add a WR or hope for Manningham and Crabtree to lesten the load on Anquan and Vernon.
Great job as always Marvin49!
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I am a big Terrell Brown fan. He plays the man real well and is usually in good position. If he had not gotten hurt in 2011 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP, Manning would not have led that comeback. Our Defensive backs coach likes to play off man and it shows because Nnamdi is not even pressing when he was in.

Need more pass rush and Mcdonald should get a month to rehab his bicep.
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Anybody know where I can re-watch this game?

Bookmark this page:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/174093-houston-game-uploaded/

He usually has them up within 1-3 days after the game. Just scroll down through the 1st page he has every game up from the season.
Slap hands!!
Originally posted by CenCal9er:
Slap hands!!

That was a great video.
[ Edited by Montana1977 on Oct 14, 2013 at 8:15 PM ]
For anyone that didn't see yet post game speech.
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Locker-Room-Speech-Slap-Hands/1b1e3e8b-a534-440c-bd51-dbf835d99d93

Funny watching Kap yell slap hands! Makes me want to watch the waterboy.

Action cam worth a watch too:
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Action-Cam-Come-Through-Us/eefc7cba-7730-4faf-a655-a02741508ee8

By the way if anyone is wondering why they pat down some of the players:
http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/why-refs-patted-down-ravens-players-before-the-game/

Kind of what I figured but Mike Pereira says they check random players before games and at half time coming out to make sure guys don't have substances like silicon, grease, etc to make it harder for players to get a hand on them. Also, for players using silicon or any sticky substance to help them catch the ball. Use to be big back in the day but probably doesn't really exist anymore.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
1) Kap: CAREER regular season statline as a starter - 13 starts, 210 comp, 353 att, 59.49 comp%, 2821 yards, 7.99 YPA, 18 TDs, 8 INTs, 92.51 QB Rating. This game really to me symbolized the problem with the 49ers WR corps. Its not ALL on them because Kap has his part to play as well, but it really illustrated the problem. Kap opened the game 2 of 7. You read that and think, "wow, he sucked". If you watch the game tho you will see that the ball is delivered on target but that the defender is able to knock it away because there is no separation. Now you can make the argument that perhaps he should have progressed to a different read and not tried to stick it in there, but all we've heard all offseason is how Boldin is the type of receiver where you throw him the ball even when he isn't wide open and he'll make the play. Kap is tryin man. LOL. The INT was tipped and would likely have been a TD if it hadn't been...but you still have to put that on Kap for throwing the ball low enough to get tipped. You also have to give the Cards credit for being pretty damn good on D.

2) Reid: DAMN! He missed ANOTHER tackle!!. Sorry...couldn't help myself. Reid is everything we had hoped and more. He's in his 6th NFL start and he is already playing mindgames with vet QBs. He's playing MUCH more confidently and aggressively than he did in preseason when that was my concern. He's beginning to really play downhill and take guys down short of the 1st down marker. While I was never a big fan of Goldson, THAT was what he did exceedingly well...play downhill. Reid wasn't doing that early but he's certainly been doing that of late. He did it a couple of times vs the Packers, but with every passing game he seems to be trusting his eyes more and more. Moreover...he has yet to be badly burned in coverage. Not bad for a rook.

3) Gore: Hes all washed up!!! Wow. So glad to be wrong on this one. Looks like we get at least one more year of Frank being Frank. Kendall looked pretty good there too. I just wonder whats gonna happen next year with Gore, Hunter, James, Dixon, and Lattimore.

4) WR: Just not getting it done. Not getting away from defenders. I know there was a report over the weekend that the Niners might be looking at Hakeem Nicks. The report was possibly as a rental for a 3. Ordinarily I'd be against it...but if they get him for a 3 and then lose him after the year to another team on a big contract, guess what sort of compensatory pick the Niners get for losing him. Yup...likely a 3. Hrmmm. I'm not advocating it so much as just sayin' its got me thinking.

5) Vernon: Wow. The dude isn't even healthy and you can see it in his stride. Even then he is just so hard to cover. If they could just get someone else who could get open imagine how scary this offense could be.

6) Pass Rush: Still a bit of a concern for me. Lemonier made a great play on that sack, but they were too often giving Carson way too much time back there. Lemonier is developing and may be a really good one in the future...but they need Aldon back. If they get him they will be that much better with Lemonier getting that extra experience.

7) Still surviving: Another game, another week closer to getting our horses back, and still only 1 game back from the Seahawks. Another bonus is that the Saints lost. That means the 49ers are 1 back of the lead in the entire NFC and still have games against both of the teams ahead of them. IE, their fate is effectively in their hands. After starting 1-2, things are lookin' pretty good right now. It hasn't always been pretty, but they are winning ugly games while they get themselves right.

8) Special Teams: Lookin like the ST of 2011. The Niners made a real effort this year to get a number of players on the roster specifically for Special Teams. Its paying off.

9) Dorsey: Ouch. Hope it isn't serious. He's played well after WIlliams went down...gonna suck if we have to spend alot of time playing our THIRD NT. TJE played OK considering....but Dorsey has been playing really well...even getting pressure at times.

10) Reinforcements: OK...as I said above, the Niners survived another week. This is a big one tho because we just got past week 6. Carradine. Dial. Manningham. Wright. All these guys are now ELIGIBLE to return. Whether they do now is a different question. If they can just get through Tennessee and Jacksonville in London...wow...they'd be 6-2 and going into a bye and possibly get ALL of these guys back....possibly even Aldon. Hell...even 5-3 looks pretty good when you look back at where we were at 1-2. If we CAN do that and get through the bye....then we get all THOSE guys back and are only a few weeks away from a possible Crabtree return. Crab, Boldin, Manningham, Vernon, and McDonald. I can only dream. Crab may not be the exact same guy early on, but the earlier he comes back the more time he'll have to get himself ready for the postseason.
Is this true about Nicks. Is there no rule to how long a player must be on a team during the season to receive a compensatory pick for them? Because if we would indeed receive a likely third then that makes this deal almost a can't lose for the niners.

This. I totally forgot about the comp pick situation since he would now be our free agent to lose. If we can do some restructuring, I say do it. I'll take a reasonably healthy Hakeem Nicks for 2/3 of the season and a returning Crabtree and Manningham to go with Boldin. Let either Perrish Cox or LaMichael James handle PR duty (they could have LMJ call fair catch every time for all I care). If Kyle Williams were to remain on the roster, he would probably thrive in the role as the 5th receiver, at least until Quinton Patton is ready to go again.
Boldin had a huge game in week 1. Davis had a huge game in week 6. It looks like for our passing game to succeed, one of these two should be having a huge game. I'm not sure if that is sustainable.
I also noticed that Seatte is primarily relying on Lynch, more and more each game. The Cardinals should stop this one guy, and let's see if Seattle can still win this.

It's NOT sustainable...which is why the 49ers need to add a WR or hope for Manningham and Crabtree to lesten the load on Anquan and Vernon.

It's almost as if Vernon Davis and Anquan Boldin have become Frank Gore from 2005-2008 when the Tank was all the team had. Not quite as bad, but it's still frustrating.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

It's almost as if Vernon Davis and Anquan Boldin have become Frank Gore from 2005-2008 when the Tank was all the team had. Not quite as bad, but it's still frustrating.

Only not as bad because we have Gore and Hunter lol
Marvin love your analysis and look forward to it every week, but you're too much of a Kap homer. He SUCKS right now. There's still hope for him but right now he's not a very good qb
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sdniner:
Marvin love your analysis and look forward to it every week, but you're too much of a Kap homer. He SUCKS right now. There's still hope for him but right now he's not a very good qb

he does not 'suck'. he has struggled at times just like the wide outs have and they are all connected. accounts and good posters say he played better as the game went sunday and you just hope that will carry over

SMDH.

Kap made some very impressive throws into tight coverage yesterday. He also led an 18-play game-winning drive, which included clutch passes on 3rd down by Kap facing an all-out blitz. John Lynch mentioned that he is the 3rd highest rated QB against the blitz. But other than that, yeah I guess he "sucks."
Share 49ersWebzone