LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 428 users in the forums

are we underutilizing our players? the state of the franchise...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
some things dont make sense to me... we have a lot of talent that is sitting on the sideline.. what do you guys think?

why do we have a offensive lineman (killgore), McDonald and Bruce Miller lining up at WR when we have LMJ, Moore, and wide receivers sitting on the bench

why dont we have more screen passes to gore or even LMJ..

is our coaching staff afraid to experiment with and be more dynamic and aggressive? it just seems that the play calling is so conservative, and yet when they do open it up Colin and VD and Boldin can tear it up...

nnamdi asomugha was playing pretty bad and it took the injury to allow Brock to step up..

we dumped an explosive player in Lavelle Hawkins and kept Osgood... huh...

I love the fact that Seattle has so much depth and that they keep playmakers on their team.. and I wish we were a little bit more aggressive...

i guess we will find out how it all comes together after manningham and crabtree come back.. its not how you start the season its how you finish it!
I imagine that have seen lamike james in practice and don't think he would be effective on those passes you suggest
LMJ won't be a 9er next year
Moore isn't good
Hawkins isn't good
I agree with the screens but everytime they run them their timing is off
They have a lot talent hurt sitting on the bench, but not suited up on the bench
I mean look at the Saints how they go between Pierre Thomas and Sproles.. they even get Mark Ingram on the field..
Originally posted by kazak13:
I mean look at the Saints how they go between Pierre Thomas and Sproles.. they even get Mark Ingram on the field..

Gore
Hunter
Dixon
Miller
Originally posted by lamontb:
Moore isn't good
Hawkins isn't good
They have a lot talent hurt sitting on the bench, but not suited up on the bench

So you would rather have McDonald. Bruce Miller and even our OL Killgore ahead of Moore? Moore played real good during the pre-season on first team.. they gotta give them a chance.. I seen what Kyle Williams can do and thats about nothing.. Cant wait for Patton to step up. they dont even give them a chance.. how do you give a receiver a chance to go in rhythm when you got TE. FB and OL ahead of them on the depth chart.. and how many times do they open things up with 3 WR's..
  • gotem
  • Veteran
i was thinking the same thing with the hb screens. either the timing is off, or a good point made my deion sanders on nfl network. He thinks the offense is being called with the thoughts of not getting kaep injured. frankly, losing kaep would be disastrous to the season.
Moore isn't good
Hawkins isn't good

So you would rather have McDonald. Bruce Miller and even our OL Killgore ahead of Moore? Moore played real good during the pre-season on first team.. they gotta give them a chance.. I seen what Kyle Williams can do and thats about nothing.. Cant wait for Patton to step up. they dont even give them a chance.. how do you give a receiver a chance to go in rhythm when you got TE. FB and OL ahead of them on the depth chart.. and how many times do they open things up with 3 WR's..

Kilgore was just a decoy. You act like he's playing in the slot every down. And a lot of players look good in pre season going up against srcubs and vets that aren't playing hard. They don't have 3 good wrs on the roster to open it up.
Its plan N simple if u make play u get on tha field ..itz not a what if game itz a who can make a play happen N james aint doin jack sh*t so guess what he aint seein tha field get over it....

Lamike is under utilized
no screen plays are happening
we do not blitz enough
lamike is definitely the most under utilized player on this team. Why the hell did we draft him in the 2nd round when they already knew hunter was a stud who possesses the a similar skill set and gore still has a lot of gas left in the tank. seriously...put in him in the slot, throw him some screens, give him return duties, set up some checkdowns for him. SO FRUSTRATING!!! I feel like our coaching staff has a big problem with trusting players
what i dont understand is why they dont call more plays for Vance McDonald like they use to with Delanie Walker? Is it they are actually calling plays for Vance but they don't get executed?

is it that Vance can't get open? or Kaep doesn't trust Vance? Kaep used to throw to D Walk often aside from Vernon.
Moore isn't good
Hawkins isn't good

Kilgore was just a decoy. You act like he's playing in the slot every down. And a lot of players look good in pre season going up against srcubs and vets that aren't playing hard. They don't have 3 good wrs on the roster to open it up.

Exactly. I think Vernon Davis was covered one on one for that play an Kaep hit a beautiful pass. I do believe we need to do a better job of getting the ball into some player's hands. However Marlon Moore is not one of those priorities IMO. Nothing about him screams playmaker or potential playmaker. LaMichael James, yes, Vance MacDonald, yes, Jon Baldwin, yes. But not Moore.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, got to use LMJ on more screen plays, he'd be a monster.
Share 49ersWebzone