LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

The McBLT is back....for a limited time only!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Why is Colt McCoy still here is the question?
I just saw the seahawks signed John Skelton
Sac State up in this beeeatch
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 9erReign:

We goin to the ship! We goin to the ship!

lol @ the title.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Seriously? We have Kap, he is the Future. Not MCBLT, or whatever, or McCoy, Skelton or Daniels.

I dont get why people get butt hurt when we release a webzone favorite. What happened when Thomas Clayton was cut, thats right he did s**t. Kory Sheets, you guessed it, s**t.

I love how he got Bowman, Brooks, Lee, Justin, A.Davis all extended, and gets 110% credit, and love, and now because we cut a project QB, and got another one, people dont like, they bash Baalke. Webzoners suck right now. Get a frigging clue. Baalke knows 1000 times more than everyone on this board combined.
And what happens if and when Kap goes down? You really think that McCoy can do the job? You'd better have a third one who has familiarity with the 49er's playbook, instead of trying to learn on the fly. With Kaps foot giving him problems .... you think he can really last the full season? Maybe ... Maybe not.

But this QB carousel is NOT getting anybody prepared adequately in case things go wrong! BTW none of these guys are my favorite and I root for both the 49er's and the Raiders. Yeah, you read that right. I used to know a lot of them. ... the old timers. Get off your high horse and let people have their opinions.
LMAO at all the justifications now for cutting Daniels for Skelton. Another head scratched eh?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
It really makes no sense dumping B.J. Daniels to pick up Skelton, then dumping Skelton and picking up another unknown.

At least the outlook on B.J. looked promising, but I was willing to accept the fact that Skelton had experience. Now What?

At this point I think that Baalke or whatever is name is ...IS grasping for straws. I don't think he has a CLUE of what he wants in a QB.

Maybe he's waiting for another Peyton Manning, or a Drew Brees to fall into his lap.

GOOD GRIEF CHARLIE BROWN!

Seriously? We have Kap, he is the Future. Not MCBLT, or whatever, or McCoy, Skelton or Daniels.

I dont get why people get butt hurt when we release a webzone favorite. What happened when Thomas Clayton was cut, thats right he did s**t. Kory Sheets, you guessed it, s**t.

I love how he got Bowman, Brooks, Lee, Justin, A.Davis all extended, and gets 110% credit, and love, and now because we cut a project QB, and got another one, people dont like, they bash Baalke. Webzoners suck right now. Get a frigging clue. Baalke knows 1000 times more than everyone on this board combined.

Thank you. I cannot believe the amount of angst on this board over a 3RD STRING PLAYER.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
cant believe we got rid of someone who will never play and then signed someone who will never play just to release him and then get yet another player who will never play
Summed up this circus of a discussion the best way possible. Nicely done.
  • KK49
  • Veteran
thats it... we have entered the twilight zone... nothing makes sense with this team anymore,,, may be Skelton s going to rehab or something. they got rid of BJ coz they said they needed more experience , only to go back to unexperienced player.. im beginning to think they really didnt like BJ , something must ve happened. it just doesnt makes sense when our team have other areas ( WR, DL) to worry about , why even bother making changes at 3 string QB position. It s not like BJ, Skelton, BLT will ever play... anyway im going back to worrying about players that matter like Aldon , Crabs and McDonald

kind of embarassing
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
When the fans are "right" it's usually just coincidence, or luck. The fans have no basis to make their determinations. I'm not saying you can't have a personal preference in terms of players; I just thought it was funny when you said you "respectfully disagree" because it sounds as if you and Harbaugh both have access to the same information and you are coming to a different conclusion.

You're reading too much into my "respectfully disagree" comment dude. Don't take it so seriously.

True, the fans don't have anywhere near the access to info like Harbaugh and FO do. Doesn't mean we can't form our own opinions. Even the paid professionals get it horribly wrong sometimes. Balmer and Jenkins were terrible picks, and the fans knew it from the get go. Other picks the fans hated, but the FO got right (Aldon, Kap, Culliver, Miller). It happens.

It's wrong to think the FO always knows best, because sometimes they don't. It's not the science they make it out be IMO. They're still throwing darts at the board hoping to hit a bulls-eye.
You are talking about the Draft (as illustrated by all of the players you listed - all drafted by us (fairly high except for Miller) and have had somewhat mixed results, though you've only highlighted two blown 1st rounders over the past five years. Blown picks happen, and yes, you can use your dart board analogy for the Draft. Can't use it for picking up players that have been in the league or that you have had a chance to see in locker rooms, preseason games, real games, etc. That's not "dart board" material. That is concrete information that gives them the basis for a decision on a player. So in this instance, you are wrong, the FO does know best.
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
And what happens if and when Kap goes down? You really think that McCoy can do the job? You'd better have a third one who has familiarity with the 49er's playbook, instead of trying to learn on the fly. With Kaps foot giving him problems .... you think he can really last the full season? Maybe ... Maybe not.

But this QB carousel is NOT getting anybody prepared adequately in case things go wrong! BTW none of these guys are my favorite and I root for both the 49er's and the Raiders. Yeah, you read that right. I used to know a lot of them. ... the old timers. Get off your high horse and let people have their opinions.

Then the 49ers are screwed. Just like the Saints, Packers, Patriots, Broncos and Gia...err nevermind...........would be screwed.
Damage control from making a stupid mistake by dropped BJ Daniels for Skelton. He was too drunk to realize what everyone else knew, that Seattle would pick him up.

Baalke reminds me of Microsoft after the XBox One debacle earlier this year.
Share 49ersWebzone