LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 144 users in the forums

The McBLT is back....for a limited time only!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by KoolBeans:
Doesn't make any sense at all. These moves don't ease our minds, especially with the way Kap has been playing. It's quite frustrating really.

How the hell is it frustrating? Is kap in danger of being benched? It was a project QB, Daniels played great, against players out of the league now. It's called preseason for a reason. young guys look great, end up being s**t when time comes. Maybe he didnt show enough in practice. But 2 good games against 3rd and 4th stringers, doesnt say QB in The NFL or Future.

Kap isnt playing like Schaub, and he didnt get benched for this week. And Kap has little money being earned. He wasn't gonna get benched, thus Daniels would never see the field.
What AB said

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by real9erfan:
When the fans are "right" it's usually just coincidence, or luck. The fans have no basis to make their determinations. I'm not saying you can't have a personal preference in terms of players; I just thought it was funny when you said you "respectfully disagree" because it sounds as if you and Harbaugh both have access to the same information and you are coming to a different conclusion.

You're reading too much into my "respectfully disagree" comment dude. Don't take it so seriously.

True, the fans don't have anywhere near the access to info like Harbaugh and FO do. Doesn't mean we can't form our own opinions. Even the paid professionals get it horribly wrong sometimes. Balmer and Jenkins were terrible picks, and the fans knew it from the get go. Other picks the fans hated, but the FO got right (Aldon, Kap, Culliver, Miller). It happens.

It's wrong to think the FO always knows best, because sometimes they don't. It's not the science they make it out be IMO. They're still throwing darts at the board hoping to hit a bulls-eye.

No, it's wrong to think that the FO will always get it right, because we all know they won't. But there is no equivalence between the FO and the fans. I may ask my 3 year old to pick between two players, and maybe the player she picks turns out great, while the one selected by the FO doesn't pan out. That doesn't mean I can say "well sometimes the FO gets it wrong and my 3-year-old gets it right." There is no equivalence there. The FO may miss on certain players, but their decisions are ALWAYS based on much stronger foundations. Like I said, I'm not saying you can't have your own preferences; we all do. But just don't compare us fans to the FO or the coaches.
[ Edited by real9erfan on Oct 9, 2013 at 4:29 PM ]
The Niners knew they had no players from San Francisco and got the kid who was City Player of the Yr in 2006. Might as well have the local kid hold the clip board.

McLeod Bethel-Thompson Has a Good Arm..Welcome to the 49ers
You're reading too much into my "respectfully disagree" comment dude. Don't take it so seriously.

True, the fans don't have anywhere near the access to info like Harbaugh and FO do. Doesn't mean we can't form our own opinions. Even the paid professionals get it horribly wrong sometimes. Balmer and Jenkins were terrible picks, and the fans knew it from the get go. Other picks the fans hated, but the FO got right (Aldon, Kap, Culliver, Miller). It happens.

It's wrong to think the FO always knows best, because sometimes they don't. It's not the science they make it out be IMO. They're still throwing darts at the board hoping to hit a bulls-eye.

Which means the fans are blindfolded, facing away from the bullseye and hoping to get lucky for the most part.

Bottomline, the front office has an absurdly larger amount of information available at their disposal that we'll never see. Maybe they dumped Daniels because they thought he was potato and wasn't picking up the offense. Maybe Skelton was staring at guys changing in the locker room just a tad bit too often. Maybe Baalke thinks MBT is an awesome nickname for a future star QB, who knows? We certainly don't so I don't get how people can overreact to moves such as these when we don't have all the facts.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 9, 2013 at 4:33 PM ]
No, it's wrong to think that the FO will always get it right, because we all know they won't. But there is no equivalence between the FO and the fans. I may ask my 3 year old to pick between two players, and maybe the player she picks turns out great, while the one selected by the FO doesn't pan out. That doesn't mean I can say "well sometimes the FO gets it wrong and my 3-year-old gets it right." There is no equivalence there. The FO may miss on certain players, but their decisions are ALWAYS based on much stronger foundations. Like I said, I'm not saying you can't have your own preferences; we all do. But just don't compare us fans to the FO or the coaches.

Then we're in agreement. I don't know what we were arguing about lol. I won't ever pretend to know more about football than the pro's, but sometimes I will go with my gut over the FO decisions. And I'd like to think we're smarter than a 3-year old...it's debatable though.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Championship
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Which means the fans are blindfolded, facing away from the bullseye and hoping to get lucky for the most part.

Bottomline, the front office has an absurdly larger amount of information available at their disposal that we'll never see. Maybe they dumped Daniels because they thought he was potato and wasn't picking up the offense. Maybe Skelton was staring at guys changing in the locker room just a tad bit too often. Maybe Baalke thinks MBT is an awesome nickname for a future star QB, who knows? We certainly don't so I don't get how people can overreact to moves such as these when we don't have all the facts.

And all this for the 3RD STRING QB.

Then we're in agreement. I don't know what we were arguing about lol. I won't ever pretend to know more about football than the pro's, but sometimes I will go with my gut over the FO decisions. And I'd like to think we're smarter than a 3-year old...it's debatable though.

haha. 3-year-olds can be pretty smart and manipulative actually.
LOL.....maybe the 49ers really only did sign Skelton to get ready for Schaub's potato tendencies?

• Rascal
  • Veteran
This tells me 2 things :

1) John Skelton is really as sh*t as most of us knew (so much for his supporters in WZ about his good size and big arm)

2) None of the back-ups are good enough and the 9ers are definitely going to draft a QB in next year's draft (especially given how Kap has played so far)
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 37s RT @brian_mcintyre: #49ers claimed QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson off waivers from the Vikings, released QB John Skelton.

Welcome aboard Bethel Johnson!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

LOL touche.

Just to clear things up, I won't ever pretend to know more than the FO. I may disagree with a personnel decision, but that doesn't mean I'm taking a hard line stance like I know what's best. Just making an opinion based on what info is available to me. Sometimes I've been right, sometimes I've been terribly wrong. Of course the FO has the info and expertise to make better decisions than the fans.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 9, 2013 at 4:39 PM ]
I'd be stunned if we didn't have a poster that graduated with him at Balboa High in '06
Originally posted by mayo49:
Championship

Share 49ersWebzone