LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Sense of Urgency--can't afford another unexpected loss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LVJay:
Yup yup... a loss at the Stick and potentially at Arizona, too.

You're smoking some crack if you think Arizona will come to the stick and win. That offense sucks and the D is good but won't do enough to keep them in the game
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mutant-man49:

You're smoking some crack if you think Arizona will come to the stick and win. That offense sucks and the D is good but won't do enough to keep them in the game

You're a funny mutant

I was referring to the CAWK suckers losing at the Stick (Dec 8th) and maybe losing to the Cards at Arizona (Oct 17th).
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
W-W-L... (2012)

W-L-L-W-W... (2013?)

I think the pattern is going to have an inverse reflection of the first half and the second half.

W-L-L-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-L-L-W
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I think we have a legit shot at going 14-2, with 13-3 being VERY f**kING REALISTIC.

No way in hell Seattle would be able to match that, in fact I see Seattle with a higher likeliness of losing to a s**ttier team than us, I think the Falcons + that stadium are gonna torment Russell Wilson again (that will be Atlanta's Superbowl).

And don't forget, Seattle still has to prove that they can beat a single NFC West team on the road.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
so when we expect the loss its ok to lose?

why would we ever expect any loss?

That's the first thing that came to my mind. I have paid good money to witness many beat-downs at the hands of the Hags in Seattle, I have projected in my season predictions a loss there, but come game time, I don't care how noisy they are or how good they are playing, I expect a WIN everytime. I just can't go into a week and think "Oh, they are going to lose this week". EVER. Not in 2005, not in 1979 and certainly not in 2013.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
And don't forget, Seattle still has to prove that they can beat a single NFC West team on the road.

Eh.... AZ and STL just aren't good examples to weigh that argument. Last year the Hags didn't even have a home game against an NFCW team until like week 13 or something like that, where they completely wiped their crack with the entire division in a 4 week period. They can easily lose in The Stick, but I am not holding my breath for a big Hag letdown against those two. Like the Niners, they are bound to be 5-1, BUT WE CAN SURE IN THE HELL HOPE.
I wish atl still had Julio bc the Seahawks would most likely lose at atl, and we will most likely beat them at our home. That gift win against the Houston really helped out the Seahawks dammit. Now we have to go to new Orleans and new Orleans has to go to Seattle. It's going to,come down to,the wire but I think both teams are going to finish 13-3 or 12-4
We can't afford an expected loss either. I believe we are first in the league in 3 and outs. That means we are always at risk to lose. These games against middling teams are going to be a very good test for how we react to adverse situations, on the field, in the booth. Personally, I think if we go 2-1 over the next 3, that will be a good result. It's more important to get an offensive flow right now, rather than winning this game or that game. If we beat a team 17-3 with 2 defensive touchdown and one 50 yard drive for a field goal than we really haven't made any meaningful progress in putting together a contending team.

We can do well if we:

continue to cut down on penalties;
cut down delay of game/timeout burning -- snap with 5 seconds left on clock;
play consistent sound tackling defensive special teams;
get Gore involved early;

We are playing lights out defense really over the last 4 games, if you consider how many points offense handed opponents.

We can stay in the race. But we won't win it unless offense starts to gel in the passing game.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I think we have a legit shot at going 14-2, with 13-3 being VERY f**kING REALISTIC.

No way in hell Seattle would be able to match that, in fact I see Seattle with a higher likeliness of losing to a s**ttier team than us, I think the Falcons + that stadium are gonna torment Russell Wilson again (that will be Atlanta's Superbowl).

I hope the Rams/Cards play out of their minds like it's their SB when they both face CAWK suckers... just like those CAWKS play us during the regular season
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Can this team get back to winning more than 2-n-a-row, that's what I wanna know!!!

Originally posted by iLL49er:
I feel like this team is realizing there is no room for error and I hope they continue to play like it.

There needs to be a huge sense of urgency, we HAVE TO win the division, if the playoffs go through seattle then its game over there is no chance we will win there.

This next stretch of cake games should put us at 7-2 going into the saints game but that's easier said than done...it'll be a huge test to see if we can take care of business and win the games we are supposed to win because we need to make sure we win this division and we can only do that by winning every game we are supposed to win and also win some big ones on the road (like at saints and redskins)

I'm excited to see if this team has the laser focus to show up for every game as the schedule gets easier and take care of business because that's the only way we are going to win this division and not have to go to seattle for the playoffs.

last yr they struggled with this winning 2 losing 1 winning 2 losing 1...i'm hoping this team this year has a bigger sense of urgency with seattle's threat and takes care of things

Agreed. Approach each week like it's the Superbowl. Can't afford games where we come out flat and lethargic like what happened last year against Vikings, Rams, etc. Can't afford to overlook any opponent and must focus and come out with our best game plan possible each week.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

I literally broke out laughing.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

I literally broke out laughing.

me too man. me too
Share 49ersWebzone