LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Originally posted by Gore_21:
I'm going to bump this one. Can we please let the other thread on reinforcements go since this one was up 1st?

Anyways, it's going to get exciting in these next few weeks. 1st thing will be exciting to see if we make a trade by the Tuesday deadline. My guess is no but we are shopping Dixon, Asomugha and Baldwin. We are probably looking at a WR; even if not actively. Then once we get past that we will have to see who gets cut for Manningham, Moody, Wright, Tank and Crabtree. Seems like Moore, Asomugha, Williams, Baldwin, TJE/Dobbs and Stupar are at the top of the list.

We are shopping Dixon? Says who?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I'm going to bump this one. Can we please let the other thread on reinforcements go since this one was up 1st?

Anyways, it's going to get exciting in these next few weeks. 1st thing will be exciting to see if we make a trade by the Tuesday deadline. My guess is no but we are shopping Dixon, Asomugha and Baldwin. We are probably looking at a WR; even if not actively. Then once we get past that we will have to see who gets cut for Manningham, Moody, Wright, Tank and Crabtree. Seems like Moore, Asomugha, Williams, Baldwin, TJE/Dobbs and Stupar are at the top of the list.

i rather keep big dix if you ask me, get rid of kyle instead lol

It's being discussed in the Dixon thread:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/170490-anthony-boobie-dixon-aka-dixie/page6/

Ian Rappaport of NFLN reported it before the game today.

Looks like Maiocco did a report on it too:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/report-49ers-looking-deal-dixon?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 27, 2013 at 2:50 PM ]

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/170490-anthony-boobie-dixon-aka-dixie/page6/

• sfout
  • Veteran

Looks like Maiocco did a report on it too:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/report-49ers-looking-deal-dixon?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

why do you think Dixon returned kicks in the second half. Well 1 kick.

Trying to boost his stock and the sh***y Jags gave up a 55 yard return to him. lol.

It just didn't look odd because Williams screwed up multiple times today.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:

Trying to boost his stock and the sh***y Jags gave up a 55 yard return to him. lol.

If we were showcasing him we should have ran him the entire 2nd half and he probably could have had big yards against the Jags. Dixon had 1 carry for 2 yards. If we wanted to trade him we should have showcased him more. That being said just don't think any team would give more than a 7th and he means a lot more to us than that.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

If we were showcasing him we should have ran him the entire 2nd half and he probably could have had big yards against the Jags. Dixon had 1 carry for 2 yards. If we wanted to trade him we should have showcased him more. That being said just don't think any team would give more than a 7th and he means a lot more to us than that.

every fringe player on our roster is "on the block" right now. We're going to have to cut at least 6 players in the next 3 weeks to bring back Rio, Crabs, Carradine, Wright, Moody, Aldon, and maybe 7 if we activate Lattimore which is 95% not happening.

Dixon means that much? He is an average jack of all trades player. decent short yardage back, ST player and an emotional "everybody likes me" kind of player. Easily replaceable and I really like Dixon, would rather see Kyle Williams cut/traded before Dixon, even someone like Stupar should get sent packing before Dixon.

There is enough film from this season and the rest of his career that we don't need to fully tip our hand by playing him the whole 2nd half.
The way Williams played today, you'd have to think he was in the mix. He looked terrible.
I don't think Dixon is going anywhere. He's the Bill Ring of the new century.
every fringe player on our roster is "on the block" right now. We're going to have to cut at least 6 players in the next 3 weeks to bring back Rio, Crabs, Carradine, Wright, Moody, Aldon, and maybe 7 if we activate Lattimore which is 95% not happening.

Dixon means that much? He is an average jack of all trades player. decent short yardage back, ST player and an emotional "everybody likes me" kind of player. Easily replaceable and I really like Dixon, would rather see Kyle Williams cut/traded before Dixon, even someone like Stupar should get sent packing before Dixon.

There is enough film from this season and the rest of his career that we don't need to fully tip our hand by playing him the whole 2nd half.

Coming from someone who originally wanted to draft him to the point I wanted him gone and now want him to stay. So I'm being honest in saying to me he is worth more to us than the 7th we would get. 1. He is a good short yardage back who can get in the end zone and pick up 3rd/4th and shorts. 2. Locker room presence/team chemistry 3. ST player.. up man on returns and also is on punt coverage although he doesn't make a lot of tackles 4. backup fb.

Manningham=Williams
Carradine=Dobbs
Aldon Smith=Cunningham
Wright=Asomaugha
Moody=Stupar
Crabtree=Moore

QB: Kap, McCoy, McBLT (3)
HB: Gore, Hunter, James, Dixon (4) (7)
FB: Miller(1) (8)
WR:Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham, Patton, Baldwin, Osgood (6) (14)
TE:Davis, McDonald, Celek (3) (17)
T: Staley, Davis, Snyder (3) (20)
G: Iupati, Boone, Kilgore (3) (23)
C: Goodwin (1) (24)
DE: J Smith, McDonald, Carrdine (3) (27)
DT: Dorsey, Dial, TJE (3) (30)
OLB: Smith, Brooks, Lemonier, Skuta (4) (34)
ILB: Willis, Bowman, Wilhoite, Moody (4) (38)
CB: Rogers, Brown, Brock, Cox, Wright, Morris (6) (44)
FS: Reid, Dahl, Ventrone (3) (47)
SS: Hitner, Spillman (2) (49)
K: Dawson (1) (50)
P: Lee (1) (51)
LS: McDermott (1) (52)

Inactive: Looney, Cox (or LMJ, whoever isnt handling PR), TJE, McBLT, Patton, Celek, Moody

I feel like i am forgetting someone, or my math is wrong.
I'm now in favor of only keeping 2 QBs. We have to make several cuts pretty soon, and I want to keep as much talent elsewhere as possible. I'd hate to lose any of our ST core or defensive depth because of McBT.
I'm really hoping Wright can play at thee em be did in Tampa that earned him a huge contract. Coaches saw enough out of him to try trading for him earlier and until Brock started playing as well as he has, we really needed help in the secondary. So if he does play at that level, who would be start over? Rodgers?
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
I'm really hoping Wright can play at thee em be did in Tampa that earned him a huge contract. Coaches saw enough out of him to try trading for him earlier and until Brock started playing as well as he has, we really needed help in the secondary. So if he does play at that level, who would be start over? Rodgers?

i dont think he starts at all, just more depth
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
IMO I think these players get the axe:

Nate Stupar
DeMarcus Dobbs
Marlon Moore and I hope Kyle Williams
Ross Ventrone

Darryl Morris will not be cut, hes been an outstanding ST player. And I think we should keep an eye out for a trade, they can get rid of players that way too. Oh and I think Joe Looney should get the axe, Adam Snyder and Daniel Kilgore have been very solid back ups. Both can also play Center.
Share 49ersWebzone