LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Originally posted by TheChozen:
So by this time tomorrow he signs with Seattle?

Isn't that how it goes?

by nights end usually
Washed up too slow anymore, with all these quick slot recievers. No big loss.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Some of you guys called it! I didn't think it would've been him.
Side note: Maiocco twitter: RT @jaguars Jaguars awarded LB Nate Stupar off waivers from the 49ers.
Good for him he should be able to stick on and have a future with that team.

I'm surprised Moody wasn't activated yet. I don't see him being out for the Panthers game because why cut Stupar if Moody wouldn't play? Means we would only have 3 ILB and be one short on ST of what we have been using. Hopefully this week some time. Crabtree who knows... could be Saints game, Redskins, Rams or Seattle.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM ]
So two more cuts to go for Moody and Crabtree. I'll say Dobbs and either McBLT or Ventrone.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
So two more cuts to go for Moody and Crabtree. I'll say Dobbs and either McBLT or Ventrone.

Moody is the only real cut coming up. I'd say Dobbs, we have activated 2 Dline from PUP but not cut any dline.

Then it depends on Crabtree's return schedule.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Moody is the only real cut coming up. I'd say Dobbs, we have activated 2 Dline from PUP but not cut any dline.

If Patton gets shut down fty it would open up a roster spot.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

If Patton gets shut down fty it would open up a roster spot.

I doubt they shut him down until they are sure Crabs is coming back. He is insurance in case Crabs doesn't make it back. If Crabs doesn't come back and Patton is on IR we are up a creek come playoffs with our WR situation.

Yeah I wasn't thinking about there being 3-4 weeks before Crabtree.

I think Dobbs has been terribly overrated since he's been here, besides a few preseason games.
By the way, how does a player's contract terminate when he is waived?
Lets say Nmandi signed a 1.3mil contract for 1 year. If he is waived halfway throughout the year do the 49ers still owe him the 1.3mil signed? Who he is only paid for half the year's salary?

just curious...

Yeah I wasn't thinking about there being 3-4 weeks before Crabtree.

I think Dobbs has been terribly overrated since he's been here, besides a few preseason games.

Crabtree returning to practice doesn't mean he'll return to the roster immediately, 49ers might not make a move on Crabtree until mid December. They'll have a few weeks after he starts to practice to decide whether or not to put him on the roster or shut him down for the year.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 4, 2013 at 5:58 PM ]
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Lets say Nmandi signed a 1.3mil contract for 1 year. If he is waived halfway throughout the year do the 49ers still owe him the 1.3mil signed? Who he is only paid for half the year's salary?

just curious...

All veteran contracts become fully vested in the first week of the season, 49ers owe Asomugha his full amount, thus cutting him doesn't save any money. Basically, the 49ers(and the Eagles) are picking up the tab for Asomugha this season for any team that claims him on waivers.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 4, 2013 at 6:00 PM ]
Originally posted by TheChozen:
So by this time tomorrow he signs with Seattle?

Isn't that how it goes?

He'll likely be claimed by a lesser team before Seattle even has a chance. Any team that plays a lot of man coverage is a good possibility.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:

just curious...

All veteran contracts become fully vested in the first week of the season, 49ers owe Asomugha his full amount, thus cutting him doesn't save any money. Basically, the 49ers(and the Eagles) are picking up the tab for Asomugha this season for any team that claims him on waivers.

Damn, if he gets signed (with Saints more than likely) he'll be getting paid by three jobs at once to do one mans job. LMAO. Getting cut as a vet can be pretty lucrative. Maybe Nnamdi's been playing possum this entire time.
I wonder if they'd consider cutting Celek when Moody is ready. Bruce Miller could do some of the same things as Celek. I could see Patton getting placed on IR when Crabs is ready. Would actually prefer that they cut Kyle Williams instead of placing Patton on IR.
[ Edited by SoCal9er on Nov 4, 2013 at 6:27 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone