LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 166 users in the forums

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I agree. He missed a few tackles early in the year but I thought he was playing pretty good.

Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Nnamdi is gone

I'm not too excited about this. Nnambi had size and could play against more physical WR's. Nnambi played better at the beginning of the season than the existing CBs and lost favor when he was hurt. Maybe Brown and Brock will play lights out from here on out. I thought Ventrone or Dahl would get the ax before Nnambi.

I agree. He missed a few tackles early in the year but I thought he was playing pretty good.

Ughhh I can already see it, Brock or Brown go dwn, and we have to relly on Carlos and Ventrone to shutout great passing attacks in the playoffs... -_____-
[ Edited by NikeSBHead on Nov 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM ]
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
Ughhh I can already see it, Brock or Brown go dwn, and we have to relly on Carlos and Ventrone to shutout great passing attacks in the playoffs... -_____-

Eric Wright and Cox. Daryl Morris would play ahead of Ventrone too. Ventrone is a safety not corner.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Nov 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM ]

Nnamdi is gone

I'm not too excited about this. Nnambi had size and could play against more physical WR's. Nnambi played better at the beginning of the season than the existing CBs and lost favor when he was hurt. Maybe Brown and Brock will play lights out from here on out. I thought Ventrone or Dahl would get the ax before Nnambi.

Probably wouldn't do any worse than Nmandi. lol

I think those who defend Nmandi are more infatuated with the perception of who he was versus who he is. Cross out the name behind his jersey and many would realize how much of a liability he truly is out there.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

Nnamdi is gone

Probably wouldn't do any worse than Nmandi. lol

I think those who defend Nmandi are more infatuated with the perception of who he was versus who he is. Cross out the name behind his jersey and many would realize how much of a liability he truly is out there.
Nnamdi didn't play poorly but he wasn't anything special and Brock way out performed him. Also Nnamdi doesn't play specials teams at all and so that was a strike against him also. Carlos, Brock, Brown, Wright, Cox and Morris will be just fine. By the way Dahl would probably be cut before Ventrone as Spill is first of the bench at Safety and Ventrone is way more valuable on ST
Which McDonald?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
pretty much.

Dont see Baldwin cut, wouldn't save any money, unless someone claims him, and that's not a guarantee with 1 yr left.

We will know more on Patton soon I hope.

So down to Kyle, Bethel-Thomspon, or IR Patton for Crabs
and Dobbs orTJE for Moody

Those are my opinions though.

As always, spot on. My prediction is Dobbs (we have too many ends now, and not enough tackles, so TJE stays) and Bethel-Thompson. I don't think the team will risk cutting a returner (even one as piss-poor as Kyle) mid-season, and our passing game is too crappy not to have Patton around to have a crack, not to mention get valuable reps.

There's no way Baldwin gets cut (for salary reasons).
[ Edited by paulk205 on Nov 4, 2013 at 2:54 PM ]
well if anyone goes down we cal always sign someone.. I doubt it that Nnambi will play elsewhere... he be a free agent sitting on his couch..
Originally posted by kazak13:
well if anyone goes down we cal always sign someone.. I doubt it that Nnambi will play elsewhere... he be a free agent sitting on his couch..

Kinda disappointed we cut Nnamdi. Even though I knew it was going to happen. Really liked him
I'm loving this. We're getting an influx of talent right at the bye week. Aldon, Mario, Tank, Wright. Perfect time to integrate these guys into the gameplan.

Still 2 more cuts to be made down the line for Moody and Crab. I'll go out on a limb and say we send Patton to IR, and waive Bethel-Thompson.
trade p. willis for alex smith

then cut alex smith
[ Edited by xtm059 on Nov 4, 2013 at 3:32 PM ]
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by kazak13:

Nnambi is Bambi's brother. Got it now?

I think he was saying if we have an injury this season we will be able to still sign Nnamdi since nobody else will sign him. To me there is a chance someone else will sign him. That being said even with injury I'm pretty comfortable in our depth. Brown, Rogers, Brock, Wright, Cox, Morris. Even if 1 goes down we should still be ok... say Brown or Rogers... move Brock to starter, Wright goes to slot... Cox goes to 4th.
The writing was on the wall for Nnamdi. He didn't look comfortable out there anyway. He just looked soft and distracted. He got married and he looks like he's ready to sail off. No more dog left in him, good luck Nnamdi.
So by this time tomorrow he signs with Seattle?

Isn't that how it goes?
Share 49ersWebzone