Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be cut to make room for Dial, Carradine, Manningham, Wright

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Carradine = Cunningham
Marlon Moore = Mario Manningham?

I would think Wright would be next. Dial, Carradine, Manningham so far.... Wright and Moody by Monday would be my guess. Then some time after the Panthers game maybe Crabtree and Aldon. Hopefully both are back by the Saints game, Redskins at the latest.

you are correct. Sando said that Rio and Wright were next in line. so don't be surprised to see Nnamdi get waived in the next few days as well.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
You may be right we dont have to activate a player who plays the same position as the one we cut.

Yep, you are correct on that doesn't have to be the same position but you would think more often than not it is. I was already surprised on Cunningham though I thought he'd stick around as a backup plan until Aldon came back in case Skuta or Lemonier got hurt. Guess they expect him back soon or they would just go with 3 olbs.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
You may be right we dont have to activate a player who plays the same position as the one we cut.

Yep, you are correct on that doesn't have to be the same position but you would think more often than not it is. I was already surprised on Cunningham though I thought he'd stick around as a backup plan until Aldon came back in case Skuta or Lemonier got hurt. Guess they expect him back soon or they would just go with 3 olbs.

mhmm. This move is a give away that Rio is back so this thread title needs to be updated to "Who gets cut to make room for Crabtree, Aldon, Moody, and Wright"

Your right but this year we seem to cutting and activating abstractly. Didnt we cut a wr for a nt.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Your right but this year we seem to cutting and activating abstractly. Didnt we cut a wr for a nt.

Yea but that is because our DL is a position of strength and we lost a NT at a near perfect time for Dial's activation. Had we signed a scrub or something to back up Dorsey we would've just cut that guy when Dial was coming back.

The positions of the players don't matter but a good organization like the niners plans ahead and signs the emergency bodies like Cunningham who was terrible 43 DE and also a 34 OLB to be a super duper emergency plan c at OLB. He mad the most sense to cut when we got someone as dynamic as Carradine on the 53.
Patton on IR= Crabtree

Stupar=Moody

Nambdi=Wright

Aldon=???
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Patton on IR= Crabtree

Stupar=Moody

Nambdi=Wright

Aldon=???

Aldon = Williams
Patton on IR= Crabtree

Stupar=Moody

Nambdi=Wright

Aldon=???

I would cut MCBLT
Patton on IR= Crabtree

Stupar=Moody

Nambdi=Wright

Aldon=???

Crabtree= Williams
Aldon= Dobbs
edit
[ Edited by Dajanksta on Oct 30, 2013 at 7:45 PM ]

Apparently its

Manningham=Moore
Carradine = Cunningham
Marlon Moore = Mario Manningham?

I would think Wright would be next. Dial, Carradine, Manningham so far.... Wright and Moody by Monday would be my guess. Then some time after the Panthers game maybe Crabtree and Aldon. Hopefully both are back by the Saints game, Redskins at the latest.

Seems like the 4 cuts will between: Asomugha, Stupar, Williams, Dobbs/TJE, Baldwin and McLeod Bethel-Thompson.

TJE or Dobbs might keep their job until they feel comfortable with Tank and Dial. Asomugha seems to be the odd man out with Wright. Doesn't seem likely we'd keep 7 CBs. Man has this roster changed a ton from the final 53 after cut day.

Props to you for the Moore=Manningham.
Originally posted by robniner:
Props to you for the Moore=Manningham.

Didn't really go out on a limb there. Just like if I said I'd expect Wright to be next and Asomugha would be cut for him. I'd be pretty surprised if we kept 7 CBs. Asomugha seems to be the odd man out even though he doesn't really deserve it. Just got hurt and it put him behind. Hopefully by Monday when the team practices we have Wright and Moody back. Aldon and Crabtree could be 1-2 weeks yet if I had to guess. Part of me thinks we could see Crabtree before Aldon. Depends if the league waits to suspend him or not until after the court stuff is settled. If they did I don't think it will be too long since he voluntarily went into rehab and lost like 5 games. I would guess 1-3 games, most likely 2.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 30, 2013 at 10:15 PM ]
So evidently Moore = Aldon Smith

Right now we have 24 on offense and 26 on defense, including seven d-linemen. It looks to me like Manningham = Dobbs or TJE
  • buck
  • Veteran
Quinton Dial in--WR Chris Harper--gone

Tank Carradine in--LB Jermaine Cunningham--gone

Aldon Smith in--WR Marlon Moore--gone

Still waiting on moves for:

1.Wright
2. Manningham
3. Crabtree
4, Moody
5. Patton
[ Edited by buck on Oct 31, 2013 at 4:48 PM ]