LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Reinforcements are coming for the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by English:
So far as I can gather Cruz is on a 5 year $43 million contract. And this was with hometown discount. So how many of our players are we going to have to cut to get him under the cap?

None if we turn off the salary cap.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
So far as I can gather Cruz is on a 5 year $43 million contract. And this was with hometown discount. So how many of our players are we going to have to cut to get him under the cap?

Now why didnt we think of this earlier? SIGN EVERYONE!!!!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
It can be prosecuted as a misdemeanor or a felony. The district attorney would have to be an utter psycho to prosecute it as a felony. Aldon has no criminal record, he wasn't carrying them around in public, and had no intention to harm anyone.

Not sure on the specific laws down in Santa Clara but some JX have per se intent clauses if you discharge your fire arm. And Aldon was clearly firing "warning" shots
Originally posted by frozen49er:

Now why didnt we think of this earlier? SIGN EVERYONE!!!!

LOL
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
It can be prosecuted as a misdemeanor or a felony. The district attorney would have to be an utter psycho to prosecute it as a felony. Aldon has no criminal record, he wasn't carrying them around in public, and had no intention to harm anyone.

Not sure on the specific laws down in Santa Clara but some JX have per se intent clauses if you discharge your fire arm. And Aldon was clearly firing "warning" shots

I don't believe he is being charged with any laws specific to Santa Clara, but under California Criminal Code sections relating to firearm prohibitions.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
I don't believe he is being charged with any laws specific to Santa Clara, but under California Criminal Code sections relating to firearm prohibitions.

So they are focusing on possession instead of reckless behavior possibly

FYI there was a recent case in Fla where a warning shot got the woman 20 years or something. Know your gun laws if you own
Losing guys to injury hurts but getting them back at the right time is priceless.

Without adding much of anything to the mix we should win the next FOUR games (Cards[h], Titans[a], Jags[a], and Panthers[h]) over the next 5 weeks.

By the time we face the Saints[a] we should be 7-2 and have added Willis, Nnamdi, Carradine, Dial, Manningham, Wright, and (iffy) Crabtree. On top of that, Aldon should be out of rehab and free to play ball.

Barring further injury, we should be able to face the Saints[a], Redskins[a], Rams[h], Seapukes[h], Bucs[a], Falcons[h], and Cards[a] with loaded guns. I see good reason to expect a 12-4 or 13-3 finish. --not because I think any of these match-ups are a 'loss' but because crap happens--
[ Edited by Mankster on Oct 10, 2013 at 1:30 PM ]
Too bad more folks don't realize reinforcements are right here. "Kap needs better WRs." b.s. Kap needs to learn to hit good receivers like Vernon, vance, boldin and Baldwin....and LMJ if Coach H ever sees the light using him like sproles. We don't need ANY new WRs. We have plenty. If kap can't hit them, then look for another Qb, not WR. Don't look far, because Colt is every bit as capable of managing an offense that throws 15 (right FIFTEEN) passes in a game. Sure we were managing the game, but 15 passes tells the world..."SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH OUR QB".

On D, Asomougha couldn't cover his own shadow, and Tramaine comes in because Aso is hurt and whambo! We have a new CB. Tramaine just tore it up and except for the injury to ASO, Coach would never have played him. We have plenty of good players, but instead of running around like chickens with heads cut off, we should look no farther than our bench. Granted, moore and patton haven't shown much. But Baldwin sure has....so Coach before signing a criminal, how about trust your bench?
I think Kape's biggest problem right now is he's pressing too much. he's forcing the issue trying to do too much and thinking too much instead of just saying Fck it and wing it. People need to realize he's only started 14 games and..........all along he was a PROJECT that produced earlier then any of us ever thought. Give Kape 2 to 3 years and he'll easily be a top 5 QB and the leader of the 49ers but right now he's playing clumsy and not making his progressions but that's expected of a 3rd year QB. Remember people, it took Alex Smith until year 7 to actually be a quality legit NFL QB. Kaep is already where Alex is and its just year 3 with not even 16 starts under his belt. And Defenses have somewhat adjusted to Kape. Now its up to Kape,JH and GC to make their adjustments.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Too bad more folks don't realize reinforcements are right here. "Kap needs better WRs." b.s. Kap needs to learn to hit good receivers like Vernon, vance, boldin and Baldwin....and LMJ if Coach H ever sees the light using him like sproles. We don't need ANY new WRs. We have plenty. If kap can't hit them, then look for another Qb, not WR. Don't look far, because Colt is every bit as capable of managing an offense that throws 15 (right FIFTEEN) passes in a game. Sure we were managing the game, but 15 passes tells the world..."SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH OUR QB

Amen. Could not agree more with this statement. 15 passes in an entire game could be done by almost any QB. Even Blaine Gabbert could win playing for us throwing 15 passes.

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I think Kape's biggest problem right now is he's pressing too much. he's forcing the issue trying to do too much and thinking too much instead of just saying Fck it and wing it. People need to realize he's only started 14 games and..........all along he was a PROJECT that produced earlier then any of us ever thought. Give Kape 2 to 3 years and he'll easily be a top 5 QB and the leader of the 49ers but right now he's playing clumsy and not making his progressions but that's expected of a 3rd year QB. Remember people, it took Alex Smith until year 7 to actually be a quality legit NFL QB. Kaep is already where Alex is and its just year 3 with not even 16 starts under his belt. And Defenses have somewhat adjusted to Kape. Now its up to Kape,JH and GC to make their adjustments.

Kap should just say "I say f**k you Jobu, I do it myself."
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Too bad more folks don't realize reinforcements are right here. "Kap needs better WRs." b.s. Kap needs to learn to hit good receivers like Vernon, vance, boldin and Baldwin....and LMJ if Coach H ever sees the light using him like sproles. We don't need ANY new WRs. We have plenty. If kap can't hit them, then look for another Qb, not WR. Don't look far, because Colt is every bit as capable of managing an offense that throws 15 (right FIFTEEN) passes in a game. Sure we were managing the game, but 15 passes tells the world..."SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH OUR QB".

On D, Asomougha couldn't cover his own shadow, and Tramaine comes in because Aso is hurt and whambo! We have a new CB. Tramaine just tore it up and except for the injury to ASO, Coach would never have played him. We have plenty of good players, but instead of running around like chickens with heads cut off, we should look no farther than our bench. Granted, moore and patton haven't shown much. But Baldwin sure has....so Coach before signing a criminal, how about trust your bench?

Yeah. Let's give up on a young QB that's had a few rough patches in his only 14 games as a starting QB but still very promising and accomplished nonetheless and look to a known scrub QB whose never amounted to anything and has been trash his entire NFL career [oh lord].

What a joke. Lulz.
lol at some of these comments. After we got beat down in back-to-back weeks most of us wanted to get back to the running game and get physical to win time of possession. We hand out beat downs in back-to-back weeks and now we have a crappy QB because we only threw 15 times. I understand Kap needs to work on his progressions and find (sometimes wide open) receivers, but I think that will come especially by setting up the playaction passes with a strong running game. We'll be forced to pass more towards the end of the season with better opponents at the end of our regular season schedule and hopefully by then we get some guys healthy and Kap learns more from the offense.

we dont need to cut anyone yet. Rogers likely in 2014. But Crabs isnt a FA until 2015, when we have about 38M in cap room, which will have some taken up by Kap, hopefully Cully, Miller, Hunter, and new rooks. But we can always tag him, or get him to sign a friendly deal, with a low 2015 cap figure, and higher for 2016 when we have 78M in cap room right now.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
we dont need to cut anyone yet. Rogers likely in 2014. But Crabs isnt a FA until 2015, when we have about 38M in cap room, which will have some taken up by Kap, hopefully Cully, Miller, Hunter, and new rooks. But we can always tag him, or get him to sign a friendly deal, with a low 2015 cap figure, and higher for 2016 when we have 78M in cap room right now.

What are the odds that the cap starts to go up more noticeably after 2015? Its been fairly stagnant for awhile now.
Share 49ersWebzone