There are 193 users in the forums

Who's impressed with this win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's impressed with this win?

Originally posted by socal9er42:
Pulled out a win against a team that had SB aspirations at hte beginning of the season and one of the best Defenses in the NFL.

'Nuff said.

what are you smoking??
I'm impressed that the niners showed the intestinal fortitude to win. They didn't give up and fought baack and won.
was i impressed? not really, kind of meh to me. but in this league they dont ask how, they ask how many. i can count at least 3 and maybe even 5 games this season that the seahawks squeaked out. you either win or you lose and yesterday we did enough.
This was the cardinals SB. This is the game they penciled in from day one as their must win revenge game. They played like it to the best of their ability's.

We on the other hand came out complacent and sluggish to start. We overlooked them a bit i believe even though they would never admit it. Then at half time we put the boots down a little and started looking like the team we should have looked like. Then we got complacent with the lead.

We pulled it off in the end and that is all that matters. It wasnt the most impressive game, but it wasnt a bad game either. we coasted for the most part, and got the win. Bring on the Cards.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Roman and Fangio need to step their game up. The pass rush, particularly Aldon Smith need to step their game up. Colin Kaepernick needs to be more consistent and even better for the playoffs.
roman is beyond hope and help in my opinion,, the rest of your statements are true. again i am just so happy to be in the playoffs after the adversity this year. i do not care if we are a one five or six seed, i do not care where we go or who we play.

What can Aldon Smith be expected to do? It's virtually 2-on-1 for him and 6 on 4 when it comes to our d-line + Smith. Our defense screams of, "you guys are all pros, just go out there and beat everyone on your talent alone."
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
lol What?

Did the Seahawks, arguably the #1 team in the league, look like contenders after getting beat by the Cardinals at HOME?

Did the Ravens look like contenders when they limped into the playoffs with Deer Antler in 2012-2013?

Did the Giants look like contenders when they went 9-7 and snuck into the superbowl 2011-2012?

It's football, the parity is great, have some perspective.

What's all of this perspective you speak of?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
This was the cardinals SB. This is the game they penciled in from day one as their must win revenge game. They played like it to the best of their ability's.

We on the other hand came out complacent and sluggish to start. We overlooked them a bit i believe even though they would never admit it. Then at half time we put the boots down a little and started looking like the team we should have looked like. Then we got complacent with the lead.

We pulled it off in the end and that is all that matters. It wasnt the most impressive game, but it wasnt a bad game either. we coasted for the most part, and got the win. Bring on the Cards.

pssssst, we played the falcons
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

pssssst, we played the falcons

LOL, see even im overlooking the falcons. You know what i meant.
This was a game where we got bailed out by our defense making that play but it was a bad showing overall. We gave up big plays on defense and once again our passing game was not consistent. The falcons D had 6 rookies....6!!! We should of shredded that defense. It is troubling how gore changed the play because it is showing the players' lack of confidence in Roman's playcalling. We have a lot of things to work on! we did not play like SB contenders
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Roman and Fangio need to step their game up. The pass rush, particularly Aldon Smith need to step their game up. Colin Kaepernick needs to be more consistent and even better for the playoffs.
roman is beyond hope and help in my opinion,, the rest of your statements are true. again i am just so happy to be in the playoffs after the adversity this year. i do not care if we are a one five or six seed, i do not care where we go or who we play.

What can Aldon Smith be expected to do? It's virtually 2-on-1 for him and 6 on 4 when it comes to our d-line + Smith. Our defense screams of, "you guys are all pros, just go out there and beat everyone on your talent alone."

yea aldon didn't put up big numbers but he was in the backfield all night. Our pass rush forced a lot of quick passes. Matt ryan has a quick release so it is pretty hard to put him on the floor a lot in one game

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
lol What?

Did the Seahawks, arguably the #1 team in the league, look like contenders after getting beat by the Cardinals at HOME?

Did the Ravens look like contenders when they limped into the playoffs with Deer Antler in 2012-2013?

Did the Giants look like contenders when they went 9-7 and snuck into the superbowl 2011-2012?

It's football, the parity is great, have some perspective.

What's all of this perspective you speak of?

[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Dec 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM ]
Play calling and scheme was questionable. Players never game up. Plays were made when they needed them. Navarro Bowman....damn son! This game was a tease much like others this year. There are patches of meh followed by play that makes you think this team could absolutely dominate. Regardless, this team can have a subpar game and beat 75% of the league. Right now I have that gut feeling we are all in for a fun ride during the next few weeks. We are good and we are deep and we are in fact better than last year. So, as Super Bowl losers we weren't even supposed to make the playoffs right? There goes that wasted factoid.

March on my brothers, march on.

P.S.- Where the heck did Vernon go?
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Pulled out a win against a team that had SB aspirations at hte beginning of the season and one of the best Defenses in the NFL.

'Nuff said.

what are you smoking??

I believe he's referring to the Texans when we played them in week 5.
The team and coaching staff made good halftime adjustments. It's my belief the team was a little psyched out from all of the Candlestick celebration and talk about the team's legacy, also, you know, this game having heavy playoff implications. And in the end they came through in a spirited and motivated way.

Matt Ryan put together an impressive game and did exactly what we try and force teams to do -- he dinked and dunked and did it well. The front-seven held up against the run game.

Only things that didn't impress me was, not necessarily the pass rush, but dropping seven into coverage and still letting Roddy White beat us. From my understanding, though, he's been beat up most of the season and seemed pretty fresh last night. And Goodwin. Last but not least, Kap is still perceived as a one-read QB, or at least one that is in a system that is designed to heavily rely on it -- Steve Young, Gruden, Eric Davis, and plenty others were mentioning it all night.

The sense that I get is that the team obviously doesn't want to run Kap on designed plays until they finally just say "f**k it, we'll do it", especially when we were closing in on the redzone (our redzone offense is still not impressive, and I don't believe anywhere near Super Bowl quality).
Matt Ryan is still one bad dude at times.He looks like he could carve up most any defense with a decent supporting cast.
Share 49ersWebzone