Who's impressed with this win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's impressed with this win?

I am impressed with every win
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Roman and Fangio need to step their game up. The pass rush, particularly Aldon Smith need to step their game up. Colin Kaepernick needs to be more consistent and even better for the playoffs.

ATL played way beyond their means last night...this was their payback from last year and they almost pulled it off

^^

That was Falcons NFCC game... hopefully, they'll play out of their minds (like it's their SB) against the Panthers and beat them!
If they don't play better than last night, they won't come close to beating the Cards on Sunday. If they don't play better than last night, they won't go far in the playoffs. That said, I think that all the "last game at the Stick" hoopla kind of distracted them and as much as they probably tried not to, they probably were looking past the Falcons. I think the offense was set a bit off by having to adjust to not having Miller as well.

V. Davis is highly unlikely to be shutout like that again, though, and going forward I think the defense will be likely be better than last night.
The only wins I am not impressed with are when the 49ers lose to a college or high school team. Any win against an NFL team is cause for high praise.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
You have to give a lot of credit to the Falcons. They played very well last night and were out for revenge. The offense in the second half was clicking and it woulda been too in the first half if it weren't for execution errors and bad play calls on 3rd downs. But the Falcons weren't just gonna let us have that one and our D made a huge play. I think we overlooked them which is probably a good thing as the coaches have something to focus on now.

The Candlestick magic at the end though...no way I couldn't be impressed with that.
More like relieved. If we lost last night, it would be guaranteed we dont win in Arizona coming off a short emotional week.
Defensively we played OK, but for whatever reason we had no answer for covering R. White. Luckily not many teams in the NFC playoffs have a legit #1 WR that can kill us.

Offensively i just didnt like the play calling throughout most of the game. 3rd and 5 or less, if we are throwing it needs to be a pick throw. not a 5 to 7ft drop allowing the pass rush to come and get a sack. quick throws to VD, Crabtree etc. on slant or quick outs need to be used. We got lucky with one TD drive on the offside penalty on 3rd down, AND the PI penalty which wasnt a penalty.

Run game was excellent. Crabtree was excellent. McDonald is crap and we have no 3rd WR option.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
Defensively we played OK, but for whatever reason we had no answer for covering R. White. Luckily not many teams in the NFC playoffs have a legit #1 WR that can kill us.

Offensively i just didnt like the play calling throughout most of the game. 3rd and 5 or less, if we are throwing it needs to be a pick throw. not a 5 to 7ft drop allowing the pass rush to come and get a sack. quick throws to VD, Crabtree etc. on slant or quick outs need to be used. We got lucky with one TD drive on the offside penalty on 3rd down, AND the PI penalty which wasnt a penalty.

Run game was excellent. Crabtree was excellent. McDonald is crap and we have no 3rd WR option.

We got a FG on the PI which is what we would have settled for from Dawson, our money kicker anyways
What impressed me is that we clearly didn't have it to start the game, and our boys handled adversity beat it back with there bare hands and took what was theirs.

It will serve them well going forward that they responded to adversity like this....that when the O was flat the D had their back, and when the D started to falter the O stepped up and took control of the game.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Dec 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM ]
Are you seriously asking this question?

This is the NFL, these are all professionals. On any given Sunday any team can beat any of the other 31 teams. The fact that our Niners were losing to the Falcons on a day that Matt Ryan was on fire, and we were able to overcome that adversity to come back and win... HELL YEA I'm impressed. Even more impressed than if we blew them out by 30 pts. A win is a win, and this win showed me that this team will not give up when it's down - they will find a way to win.

Bring on the playoffs!

Like all games, there's things that we did very well and some things we did crappy.

The whole first half the offense was crappy.

Looked like a different team in the 2nd half.
Another thing I noticed was alot of substitutions on D . I think that was mainly to help keep them fresh for the cards since it was a short week.
dont curr... we won.

NEXT
Originally posted by Antix:
You have to give a lot of credit to the Falcons. They played very well last night and were out for revenge. The offense in the second half was clicking and it woulda been too in the first half if it weren't for execution errors and bad play calls on 3rd downs. But the Falcons weren't just gonna let us have that one and our D made a huge play. I think we overlooked them which is probably a good thing as the coaches have something to focus on now.

The Candlestick magic at the end though...no way I couldn't be impressed with that.

This. They played well and were worthy opponents on the night, for Candlestick's regular season farewell.

Nice post.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
only thing that matters is winning
[ Edited by susweel on Dec 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone